Sign in to follow this  
Prairie

Never had chance to set Display Name?

When signing up, on it asks you to choose a username, password, etc. and read the terms of service.

5NXdBJA.png

The terms of service say to choose one's display name carefully. because it can't be changed.

gh9seTg.png

A thread discussing display names makes clear that they are separate things:

Correct, you chose your login name and display name when you join. I chose to have then both be the same, makes things easy.

I don't ever remember being able to choose my display name, only the username. I want to be able to choose my display name but I'm not seeing how to (I just want my username with the first letter capitalized, i.e. "Prairie").

Thanks for any insight on this.

It's entirely possible this is just regarding the old board. I know my user and display names are different, but I joined when the board was running a much older version. They might just be grouped together now.

I believe once you're a Knight (500+ posts) you can change your display name once a year, but in some cases I think mods can change them manually.

It's entirely possible this is just regarding the old board. I know my user and display names are different, but I joined when the board was running a much older version. They might just be grouped together now.

I believe once you're a Knight (500+ posts) you can change your display name once a year, but in some cases I think mods can change them manually.

Yup. I made the same mistake originally and had my display name capitalized. I just asked a Mod to change it to a capital for me.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I have capitalised your display name for you.

I just joined EB a few weeks ago, and had the same problem happen to me as well.

Could a Mod please change my name to Sci-Fi~Fleet~Admiral? I would be most grateful.

Cheers.

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

That isn't possible anymore since the last software upgrade, it's a manual process for staff now.