Horns sounded across the swamp- strange, wet, muddy sounds, more gurgling than a clear ring. The Moruth Rangers had tracked the party, noting the sizeable number of Schkyklyk Raiders attempting to pass in secret. The zombies and their palanquin, seemingly bearing a zombie king, were less discreet, marching straight to the Eastern gates of Shadowmere. Vladivus, Angfauglir, Lord Mortis and several warriors met the creatures beneath the black outer walls.

17204430408_de5d83deea_c.jpg

The stench of the swamp followed them, not that the Nocturnians cared.

The zombie king ordered his party to stop before the Lord of Shadowmere and the other Resistance leaders.

16771966803_13f12beac1_c.jpg

"Salutations Vladivus!" called the King, his voice unnatural, "I speak as the King of the Moruth Swamps, and mouthpiece of Ravaage, the true Lord of Nocturnus." His eyes cast their gaze over the other Lords. "My esteemed Angfauglir, long has it been."

Lord Mortis spoke from the gateway, "Name your reason for being here. If all you wish to do is bandy titles and small talk, then you are truly a King."

"Ah, the vampire has a voice," sniggered the KIng, "very well, I wish to discuss terms of surrender."

17184792897_2dc3539821_c.jpg

At this, Vladivus who had been quiet until now, spoke up "As an emissary, you shall be accorded due respect, and I guarantee your safety, providing you behave yourself. These are not the halls of Ravaage, we will have decorum. Turning to the Knights of the Inner Keep, he said "See the emissary to my throne room. I will receive him there."

To be continued...

So, the next part in the LV/ME/Jorrith collab. Hail Nocturnus! C+C welcome.

Glad to see you back! I'm very excited about the resistance story. Hope to read the next part soon. I really like the swamp vegetation. The small trees are wonderful and the giant fungus leaves no doubt where the scene takes place.

Great to see another build form you! I really like the use of black for the walls and the landscaping is excellent as well :thumbup:

That king is great.... Great moc LV! I would prefer a bit less green vegetation.

Thanks guys!

@Gunman, it was supposed to be swampy vegetation, but I think I've actually blocked out the swamp!

Great build LV! It's nice to see the story continuing, I can wait for more! :)

Glad to see you back! I'm very excited about the resistance story. Hope to read the next part soon. I really like the swamp vegetation. The small trees are wonderful and the giant fungus leaves no doubt where the scene takes place.

I think the fact that pretty much everyone in this build is undead also makes it pretty clear that this is set in Nocty :)

Cheers guys!

Great build LV! It's nice to see the story continuing, I can wait for more! :)

In that case, I'll make you wait! Haha

So, this is the scum Raavage sends knocking on the doors of the great city of Shadowmere, in his arrogant hope that the defenders will lay down their arms after many seasons of successful resistance against the Spire's hordes...

It seems Anfauglir's past continues to follow him; he knows of this Spire emissary. His tongue carries well the twisted and forbidding message of his lord, and he should not be trusted.

OoC: Great continuation LV, and sweet build too! Nice work on that gate, another excellent addition to Nocturnus' grandest city. The swamp environment looks great, and one detail I really like is the torch holder made from the witch king crowns. Plenty of suspense here, sure to get folks back into this story!

Very nice story and creation! I love the vegetation and the minifigures :classic:

Thanks guys! You shouldn't have to wait long for the next installment. It's good to be building Nocty again.

Haha that was a typo :)

I realised! Ha!

Why should we let this foul scum enter shadowmere? I say off with his undead head!

OoC: Great build! The story also turned out great! I definatly need to get back to building for nocturnus again!

The pointy balcony is a really neat design! Nice touch with the wooden tower top too :thumbup:

And I like how you incorporated the wall onto rockwork. Glad to see the Nocty story arch continuing :classic:

What a cozy little swamp :wink: Haven't gotten up to speed on Nocturnian culture yet, but this seems like an interesting story.