Jim

[TC7] Technic Bandits vs Enforcers Contest - Postponed to 16th Aug

Bandits vs Enforcers  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• Bandits
    • Enforcers
    • Not sure yet

Considering this is somewhat transforming contest, and entries could be manually transformed, 10 or even more photos would indeed be needed. Especially if you want to show few or more steps of the transforming process (apart from the video), and few more photos from different angles of vehicle in normal, and in transformed battle mode. Maybe to limit number of pictures up to12-15. Entry topic may be cluttered, but everyone should try to keep it precise, with as few photos as possible, and to show all the process in them.

Considering this is somewhat transforming contest, and entries could be manually transformed, 10 or even more photos would indeed be needed. Especially if you want to show few or more steps of the transforming process (apart from the video), and few more photos from different angles of vehicle in normal, and in transformed battle mode. Maybe to limit number of pictures up to12-15. Entry topic may be cluttered, but everyone should try to keep it precise, with as few photos as possible, and to show all the process in them.

I will abandon the picture count limit for this contest. Try to keep it as brief as possible :thumbup:

I will abandon the picture count limit for this contest. Try to keep it as brief as possible :thumbup:

Thanks. I think that there are much bigger factors that decide voting than how many pictures are posted. If anything, there is probably a sweet spot - too few or too many pictures with. probably work against you.

I might take part for this competition as my first ever TC... But I have a question (because i'm little low on free parts, especially motors)... Can transformation also be made manually, I mean without a motor? (Of course not sticking any extra parts manually to the machine or nothing like that.) I know, it probably does not look cool and may cause little low voting but participation would mean to me a lot more than winning :sweet:

I might take part for this competition as my first ever TC... But I have a question (because i'm little low on free parts, especially motors)... Can transformation also be made manually, I mean without a motor? (Of course not sticking any extra parts manually to the machine or nothing like that.) I know, it probably does not look cool and may cause little low voting but participation would mean to me a lot more than winning :sweet:

Yes, it can be manualy, and yes, it does need all the parts to be onto the vehicle while transforming, without adding any.

Yes, it can be manualy, and yes, it does need all the parts to be onto the vehicle while transforming, without adding any.

Yes, thank you sir, that was what I was expecting :classic: Now I just must calculate my parts and try to make my vision of them...

The rules say that bandits can't use black as a main color, but can we use black armor?

Armor is often black so this is a point of confusion.

The rules say that bandits can't use black as a main color, but can we use black armor?

Armor is often black so this is a point of confusion.

That's a fair question. I'd say you can use black for armor, if it becomes visible after the transformation. So battle mode can show some black.

That's a fair question. I'd say you can use black for armor, if it becomes visible after the transformation. So battle mode can show some black.

And for enforcers little details in battle mode in for example in red? I mean like missile tip or stripe in missile... Also I maybe have to use quite a lot grey and dark grey parts for missiles because I dont have round white pieces... I mean something like this:

lE0wB4l.jpg

Not started yet discussion topic because I'm not sure do I have enough white and black parts to create/finish my vision nor can I make transformation mechanism what I have in my mind but I am sure trying and started to build :wink:

And for enforcers little details in battle mode in for example in red? I mean like missile tip or stripe in missile... Also I maybe have to use quite a lot grey and dark grey parts for missiles because I dont have round white pieces... I mean something like this:

lE0wB4l.jpg

Not started yet discussion topic because I'm not sure do I have enough white and black parts to create/finish my vision nor can I make transformation mechanism what I have in my mind but I am sure trying and started to build :wink:

Jim stated in this topic that you can use some color variations (in this case red) for missile tip.

Thanks Milan again, now I stop asking stupid questions and try to make my (flying) battle thingy as good as I can... and at least to have it finished :grin:

Sorry,I know that black & white is for enforcers , but can I use White NXT with White motors & sensors on a bandit?

Thanks in advance , Dan.

Sorry,I know that black & white is for enforcers , but can I use White NXT with White motors & sensors on a bandit?

Thanks in advance , Dan.

Isn't the colour of the NXT brick Very light gray? I am not sure... ;)

Jim stated in this topic that you can use some color variations (in this case red) for missile tip.

Yup! The missile example is perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance , Dan.

Technically it's indeed very light gray :classic:

Anyway, you can use the NXT for both sides, that's no problem.

An NXT entry...looking forward to that :thumbup:

PLEASE READ THIS!!

I has been discussed in this topic, but there still seems to some confusion about the single most important rule in the contest:

THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME SORT OF TRANSFORMATION IN THE CHASSIS AND/OR BODYWORK!

Simply transforming into a Mad Max style vehicle is NOT enough.

---

DESCRIPTION

Build a Technic Vechicle with two modes, one normal mode and a battle mode. The vehicle needs to be able to switch/transform between the two modes. In normal mode the vehicle needs to look like a normal vehicle, without visible weapons, armor, etc. In battle mode all bets are off. No restrictions here, use your imagination. Weapons popping out, armor plating sliding out, whatever. You and your vehicle need to survive, so you need to outsmart your rivals.

For example:

• A vehicle with wheels (a car, a motorbike) that turns into a vehicle that doesn't need wheels (a plane, a helicopter, a boat, a submersible).
  • A truck that transforms into a rocket launch site
  • A helicopter that turns into a jet plane

TRANSFORMATION

The single most important aspect of this contest is that the vehicle (that is the chassis or bodywork) needs to have some sort of transformation, which makes it possible to turn the normal vehicle into the battle vehicle. Essentially, it needs to transform into another type of vehicle, or the same vehicle with sufficient transformation.

For example; You can create a vehicle where the bodywork rises and can turn like a tank. This doesn't really make it a different vehicle, but there is a proper transformation.

Here are two examples of what we're looking for:

kenner_mask_venom_manta_nissan_300zx_assult_plane_1987_series_3_large.jpg

raven1.jpg

raven.jpg

What about changing from a vehicle into a robot looking battle-mode, a la Transformers?

What about changing from a vehicle into a robot looking battle-mode, a la Transformers?

I guess that's enough transformation :wink:

So yes, sure!

Is it possible, that transformation is done manually, just pulling something (some 4 things or more sepr\erately) out by hand, so that transformation is not done by some mechanisms turning one knob etc.?

A few questions:

• Is it correct to assume that, next to gray, dark gray is also allowed as a support colour (for Enforcers)?
  • How much gray (and dark gray) is allowed? For my current build I am making all the internals in gray. Most of it will be hidden in vehicle mode, but it all exposes in deployed mode.
  • I assume there's no problem when Enforcer vehicles show normal lights (white, red, orange) in vehicle mode. Correct?
  • How much studded detailing is allowed? I have used lots of slopes and tiles to achieve some nice details difficult to do studless, and I might opt for bricks/plates/tiles to avoid "beam-stacking" for large surfaces (I don't have enough panels).

Anyhow, my entry is coming along nicely. When I have an idea what to do as a weapon (because I'm still figuring that out) I will open a topic. I do have to say it's pretty boring to build everything in shades of gray. Makes me all the more happy with the blue pins, tan gears and red axles :P I know I could have chosen bandits, but black does best suit the type of vehicle.

Well well well.. What a coincidence...

Hasbro Reveals That They Are Working On M. A. S. K.

I was about to post this link here, because I saw your post on FB :thumbup::classic:

can an enforcer in normal mode look like a pimped car? in black and white though

What do you mean by pimped? Like a lowrider or something?

Can we add police lights to an Enforcers Vehicle, or it´s too flagrant?