Jim

[TC7] Technic Bandits vs Enforcers Contest - Postponed to 16th Aug

Bandits vs Enforcers  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• Bandits
    • Enforcers
    • Not sure yet

Just wanted to say that this contest is producing some great ideas and models. Please can there be another one next year so maybe I can enter.

H

I have closed the entry topic. Now I need some time to prepare the voting topic.

Two comments about the voting:

1. I will look at every contestant to see in which category they belong. This can mean that I assign a Pro tag if I feel that I forgot to do this in the past.
  2. Having two categories is meant to give non-pro builders a chance to win prize. When #1 and #2 are non-pro builders, they will both receive a prize. In other words; if a pro-builder isn't #1 or #2, he doesn't receive a prize.

I know I didn't communicate the last rule, but I think it's fair nonetheless. Would be strange if a pro builder receives a prize while his entry has less points than a non-pro builder.

Of the 63 voters, only 23 have managed to create an entry. I was hoping for more, but this contest is pretty difficult and I'm still amazed by some of the entries.

Here's the complete list:

1. Home Alone (Bandits) @ Milan (A)

2. Sea Screamer (Enforcers) @ Chade

3. The Mayhem (Bandits) @ LXF

4. Blightmaw (Bandits) @ Victor Imaginator

5. Stiletto (Enforcers) @ Seasider

6. Kill Bill (Bandits) @ Bedstefan

7. Snake Charmer (Enforcers) @ Bedstefan-jr

8. Death Falcon (Enforcers) @ MacKaiwer

9. Hellhound (Enforcers) @ Gzzig

10. VIP Transporter (Enforcers) @ Desert752 (A)

11. Van Heli-sing (Enforcers) @ D3K

12. The Beast (Bandits) @ GaBika

13. Valuable Transport (Enforcers) @ Erik Leppen (A)

14. Moby-Brick (Enforcers) @ JamesJT

15. Lights Out (Bandits) @ Jono.rocky

16. The Sandstormer (Bandits) @ MajklSpajkl (A)

17. Jurrasic Revenge (Bandits) @ Braker23

18. Swift Justice (Enforcers) @ BusterHaus

19. HelaRider (Bandits) @ Block_Smarts Lego Technic

20. Masticator (Enforcers) @ Tkel86

21. Excavatorux (Enforcers) @ Blaz62

22. Firehawk (Bandits) @ Lindr6

23. Bug Out (Bandits) @ Graydingo

Both sides have almost the same number of vehicles, so it will be a fair skirmish.

Bandits: 11

Enforcers: 12

There are 4 category A builders:

• Milan
  • Erik Leppen
  • MajklSpajkl
  • Desert752

I will try to get the voting topic up-and-running asap.

Jim - in terms of your superb final stats you give once the voting is over can you also work out which side one the battle as we're evenly matched?

Shame there's not a lot more pro builders, was looking forward to what some of the geniuses would create

Jim - in terms of your superb final stats you give once the voting is over can you also work out which side one the battle as we're evenly matched?

Exactly what I had in mind. Wonder if the Bandits can beat the Enforcers :classis:

Shame there's not a lot more pro builders, was looking forward to what some of the geniuses would create.

Same here.

Speaking of which; I'm missing Crowkiller's Shuriken?!

I was also hoping for more big fish to come swim in the pool, or at least more fish at all. Too bad Paul decided not to enter his masterpiece. And I hope Jeroen wasn't banned for real :-)))

I totaly agree on the prizes distribution. and hope that an obvious chance to loose against non-pros didn't turn some guys away from the competition...IMO reputation and quality of those masterbuilders is undisputed whether they are winning competitions or not...

As for me, it's true I won silver in TC5, but it's a long road ahead of me to become a "pro" builder, with or without the tag.

23 entries is really not bad. It's less than I expected when the compo was announced, but it's more than it looked like a week ago. Many great entries only came about quite recently. I'm going to think about a vote when I have time. I'm glad the multi-vote system is used again. I like how I can award multiple entries a vote.

For me, the contest is a winner anyway, because otherwise I wouldn't have built this MOC :)

I feel honored having been assigned the pro category. Not sure it's deserved, but I'll carry the tag with pride :)

I feel honored having been assigned the pro category. Not sure it's deserved, but I'll carry the tag with pride :)

You are automatically in the Pro category since you got that contest badge (from MT contest if I am not mistaken). But anyway, you have so much great models, that you are pro even without it :)

Edited by Milan

For me, the contest is a winner anyway, because otherwise I wouldn't have built this MOC :)

That's so true Erik :thumbup: This contest was so nice and welcome event to me also because, although I am not a young "boy" (over 40) anymore, I am quite newbie in Lego Technic and this contest gave me a great learning curve to create something own and learn to think out of the box :wink: Technic Lego gives you great moments and joy of solving problems. Many thanks EB and Jim for this nice TC7 :thumbup: Every contestant is a winner to me, congrats to all :sweet:

Edited by MacKaiwer

I was also hoping for more big fish to come swim in the pool, or at least more fish at all. Too bad Paul decided not to enter his masterpiece. And I hope Jeroen wasn't banned for real :-)))

I totaly agree on the prizes distribution. and hope that an obvious chance to loose against non-pros didn't turn some guys away from the competition...IMO reputation and quality of those masterbuilders is undisputed whether they are winning competitions or not...

As for me, it's true I won silver in TC5, but it's a long road ahead of me to become a "pro" builder, with or without the tag.

I would have loved to participate, unfortunately my holiday plans didn't gave me enough time to build an entry that would meet my quality standards. But next competition I'll be back... [insert Schwarzenegger accent].

I really wanted to enter this one, but with final exams two days before it was due... Maybe I'll build my idea anyways, then stash it away for a future opportunity. :devil:

Sorry if I missed this: is there a deadline for voting? Want to do so, but not sure when I'll be able to devote enough time to do it justice.

Voted

Thanks to all entries. It was great to see so many different takes on the rules.

I didn't vote on the experts, just because it wouldn't be fair and they would take away the points from the other good entries. They don't win prices, so.....

For the experts Erik leppen would have had my vote, very very closely followed by MajklSpajkl's Sandstormer. Erik just did it a bit more fro me, because of the smooth looking truck. It is a surprice what is going to happen and the very compact build appealed to me.

The voting was difficult, but JamesJT's Moby-Brick is the winner for me. In both forms very good and sleak looking vehicles. Very interesting PF powered conversion techniques and nice weaponry. I was a bit surpriced that James wasn't placed in the expert class??? O well.

Edited by barman

I didn't vote on the experts, just because it wouldn't be fair and they would take away the points from the other good entries. They don't win prices, so.....

That's exactly the reason we have two categories :tongue:

when does the voting stops?

Like always, the voting will be open for a week or so and I close it when I have time to tally up the votes and create the results topic.

Let's never ask this question again? :tongue:

If ya just post that in the 1st posts of the contest and voting thread, we wouldn't ask.

Point taken!

Voting topic closed.

Counting the votes...