[TC7] Technic Bandits vs Enforcers Contest - Postponed to 16th Aug

Bandits vs Enforcers  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• Bandits
    • Enforcers
    • Not sure yet

Why not both?

I would imagine it (ok, some movie influence) as a mostly dry, dirt covered, mainly flat land, with some hills around. Clear sky. Few trading/scrapyard posts and maybe two or three small towns, where Enforcers have their bases, and outside the towns Bandits rules. Roads are not paved, nor are highways. Outside of the town, everyone is on its own. Vehicles are your means of transportation, shelter, your tool and your best friends. Everyone uses what is available, so motorcycles, cars, trucks, planes or choppers (and boats?) are maybe rusty, use old parts, or parts that are unusual for these kind of vehicle. Bandits needs materials and equipment also, so they need to come to the towns and acquire it, so their vehicles has to be "normal" looking and not drawn attention.

But there are regular conflicts between Enforcers and Bandits. There is still lots of working technology, so vehicles do get very cool, and everyone has its own ideas how to take advantage over the other side, while in the "battle" mode.

Of course, I tried to imagine the wasteland that would fit to the Jim's idea of contest.

Edited by Milan

This is how I picture it: The bandits live in the wasteland, the only place the bandits can escape from the enforcers.

I would imagine a way around. Enforces are in towns and local trading posts, protecting what is left of the normal-wealthier citizens. Bandits are everywhere else. And mainly they are on hunt. And there is no battle zone. Battle is wherever they meet and recognize as a treat.

I was wondering if we could use a MiniZip styled connector so a 9v battery could be used as a battery box. Buggy motor problems :(

The way i see this is like in Red faction Gerilla but then that the cars stransform

in the game the player, which would be a bandit, is always seen when he meets the EDF, which would be the enforcers.

and about the way the civil would notice the the enforcers. i think that wont happen because a lot of people own white, black and grey cars

Jim. Are non 'Lego' rubber bands allowed and what about the color grey for exhausts, air cleaners and grill on a truck would that be OK or which ones not?

Jim. Are non 'Lego' rubber bands allowed and what about the color grey for exhausts, air cleaners and grill on a truck would that be OK or which ones not?

Yup, rubber bands are cool. I've added it to the rules, thanks.

Grey is allowed on both sides, in the chassis or bodywork. Basically, you can't go wrong with grey :classic:

Yup, rubber bands are cool. I've added it to the rules, thanks.

Grey is allowed on both sides, in the chassis or bodywork. Basically, you can't go wrong with grey :classic:

Awesome stuff. A little more freedom with grey panels is going to go a long way. Thanks.

Awesome stuff. A little more freedom with grey panels is going to go a long way. Thanks.

No problem. Just don't overdo it.

I have just realized that I have a green screen at disposal. So, can it be used to create wasteland background in the video and photos? I dont know much about it, so results wont be special, but it could give a nice touch.

It would be great if you can format your TC7 topic like this:

[TC7] Bandits - Vechicle Name or [TC7] Enforcers - Vechicle Name.

Is it possible for user to edit topic name?

Nope.

I can do that for you.

It would be great if you can format your TC7 topic like this:

[TC7] Bandits - Vechicle Name or [TC7] Enforcers - Vechicle Name.

Hi Jim,

Do you want to have the pro in the title as well?

Something like [TC7 PRO] or [TC7] PRO

Hi Jim,

Do you want to have the pro in the title as well?

Something like [TC7 PRO] or [TC7] PRO

That's a good idea.

What about simply (A) and (B) at the end?!

That's a good idea.

How about just PRO's put PRO in the title, non-pros put nothing? But to make sure that everybody doesn't forget to put proper title, i guess A and B is better.

What about my greenscreen question from few post back?

Edited by Milan

That's a good idea.

But which one is the pro then? (I assume A... Using pro makes it foolproof, non-pro's don't have to add anything unless they choose to battle the pros :)

So fair enough, some basic wasteland-ready equipment is okay. As long as normal mode, stil looks like a pretty normal vehicle (no Mad Max style).

Will buggy outlook be considered as "normala vehicle"?

But which one is the pro then? (I assume A... Using pro makes it foolproof, non-pro's don't have to add anything unless they choose to battle the pros :)

Tecnically there is no Pro category. It's category A and B. A is for Pro builders and Contest medalists. B is for everyone else.

Will buggy outlook be considered as "normala vehicle"?

A buggy is fine!

that was my idea

There can be two buggy's :wink:

There will probably be more duplicate models.

The main idea is not in normal oulook, but in that - how and to what can it change.