Bandits vs Enforcers  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• Bandits
    • Enforcers
    • Not sure yet

18143820903_11e8a9e318_b.jpg

TECHNIC BANDITS VS ENFORCERS CONTEST

Bandits are roaming the wastelands, driving custom battle vehicles, making life miserable, hatching plots against humanity and what not. Things would have gone from bad to worse if it weren't for the Enforcers, trying to maintain peace and calm. This ongoing conflict needs to end once and for all.

DESCRIPTION

Build a Technic Vechicle with two modes, one normal mode and a battle mode. The vehicle needs to be able to switch/transform between the two modes. In normal mode the vehicle needs to look like a normal vehicle, without visible weapons, armor, etc. In battle mode all bets are off. No restrictions here, use your imagination. Weapons popping out, armor plating sliding out, whatever. You and your vehicle need to survive, so you need to outsmart your rivals.

For example:

• A vehicle with wheels (a car, a motorbike) that turns into a vehicle that doesn't need wheels (a plane, a helicopter, a boat, a submersible).
  • A truck that transforms into a rocket launch site
  • A helicopter that turns into a jet plane

TRANSFORMATION

The single most important aspect of this contest is that the vehicle (that is the chassis or bodywork) needs to have some sort of transformation, which makes it possible to turn the normal vehicle into the battle vehicle. Essentially, it needs to transform into another type of vehicle, or the same vehicle with sufficient transformation.

For example; You can create a vehicle where the bodywork rises and can turn like a tank. This doesn't really make it a different vehicle, but there is a proper transformation.

CHOOSE SIDES

Before you start building, you need to choose a side! Will you ride with the Bandits and wreak havoc or will you uphold the law and roll with the Enforcers. The choice is yours! In order to distinguish the two sides, there's a mandatory color scheme to be used. The Enforcers roll in Black & White (optional), while the Bandits use any other color combination they can get their hands on (Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, a mix of colors, whatever). Both sides can use Grey as a supporting color (as long as it's not predominant). Both sides can use any color in the chassis, as long as the bodywork is mainly the color of the chosen sides Both sides can use grey in the chassis. Colored pins and bushes are allowed, but please try to avoid using colored connectors, clearly visible from the outside.

NAME YOUR VEHICLE

What would a bad megablocks vehicle be without a bad megablocks name?! Exactly! So each vehicle needs to have a cool name, designating the vehicle in the pack.

DEADLINE

Since this is a summer contest and some of you might enjoy a well earned holiday, the allotted time for this contest is 8 weeks.

Deadline date is August 16th, 2015. Contest will be closed on Monday the 17th OR LATER.

Disclaimer: I will close the contest when I see fit and when I have the time to process the results. This can be later than the 10th of August. Please don't complain about this not being fair and all.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

The following section describes the contest specific and general rules and regulations. But before that, please take notice of a simple motto regarding the Eurobricks Contests:

CONTESTS ARE FOR FUN!

Of course there's competition, but at the end of the day, LEGO is just a hobby and the main goal for each of us is to have fun!

CATEGORIES

In order to make it a bit more interesting for everyone to enter the contest, we are trying something new. Instead of having a single list of participants with Jeroen winning :wink: , this contest consists of two categories (A and B). One for Pro builders (designated by the Pro tag) and the previous contest medalists. The second category is for everyone else.

Updated category rules (thanks to Lipkop for the suggestion):

The two categories aren't strictly separated. Voters will not be forced to vote in both categories, and the ranking will still be announced as a single list, not just the separated A and B lists. So basically everything will be as it was before, but the first pro/non-pro in the list also gets a prize and gets attention. The winner of the non pro category might get promoted tho the pro list :wink:

Disclaimer: Not all Pro builders have a Pro tag. When I see a Pro builder entering the contest, I retain the right to grant him the Pro builder tag and promote him to category A (no questions asked).

CONTEST SPECIFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS

• Each vehicle needs to have a cool name (no name, no entry).
  • Each contestant needs to chose a side (Bandits or Enforcers).
  • Bodywork of an Enforcer needs to be Black & White (optional) as supporting color (grey as supporting color is allowed).
  • Bodywork of a Bandit needs to be Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, ... (any color, or a mix of colors), as long as it's not Black or White (grey as supporting color is allowed).
  • Pneumatics are permitted.
  • LEDs are permitted.
  • 3rd party strings, hoses and rubber bands are permitted.
  • Electronics (PF elements, SBricks and Mindstorms) are permitted.

GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS

• The contest is open to all EB members (also new members).
  • Members who joined EB after the start of the contest can be banned from voting (when vote rigging is suspected).
  • Voting rules will be explained later in the voting topic.
  • One entry per member.
  • Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously).
  • Only physical builds, so no LDD or other virtual entry.
  • If you have any doubts about the suitability of your entry contact me.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • No cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in the entry topic in this forum.
  • Entries not in the entry topic are not eligible for voting.
  • The entry post may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • The contest might be closed later than the deadline. Don't complain about this not being fair.
  • You have enough time to build. Don't ask for more time.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
  • These rules can be changed whenever we see fit to ensure that people follow the intent of the contest.
  • Staff members are not eligible for winning prizes.

WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER?

All participant need to create a discussion topic and create a post in the entry topic.

REMEMBER TO GIVE YOUR VEHICLE A BAD megablocks NAME!

DISCUSSION TOPIC

• A discussion topic starting with [TC7] Bandits - Vechicle Name or [TC7] Enforcers - Vechicle Name.

ENTRY POST

The entry post in the entry topic should contain:

• Entry name
  • Short summary of the functions.
  • One or more images
  • Video (mandatory)
  • Link to the discussion topic

PRIZES

I'm proud to announce these great prizes for 3 of our contestants :wub:

Special thanks to Vengit, the company that brought you SBrick, for making this possible! :thumbup:

Winner Category A (Pro Builders and Contest Medalists)

Call dibs on one of these sets.

18578391479_ab6a53a440_n.jpg15510303966_9618a23a3b_m.jpg

Winner Category B (All other Contestants)

Get's the set Winner A didn't choose.

Raffle Bonus Prize (Every contestant has a chance)

This set will be raffled among the non prize winners.

18141917194_6fabcafdcd_m.jpg

Thanks again to the Vengit for making this generous prize pool possible :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

To find out more about SBrick, click here or on the image below.

18574206048_42386c8a3f_o.png

I know it's lot of information, but please read carefully before you ask. I hope it's all there. If not, don't hesitate to ask.

For the enforcers, does it always need to be black and white, or only in battle mode (or the other way around)?

Edited by Jovssen

Can we use Mindstorms components (motors, sensors, controller brick)?

Yup (added to the rules)

For the enforcers, does it always need to be black and white, or only in battle mode (or the other way around)?

Always Black and White (of course minor details like flashing lights can be colored, but other than that, it needs to be Black and White).

What about size, are there size limitations to the vehicle ?

No limitations.

Fixed scale would be nice, but it's hard with motorbikes etc. So go nuts!

What about colored parts (I mean wheels) and custom stickers?

Custom stickers are cool.

Colored wheels (as in rims) are for Bandits. Enforcers use Black, White or Grey rims.

I just built a nice 4x4 chassis, might be a good idea to use it as a base!

Sure, why not :thumbup:

Jim,

I really the idea for this contest. I have absolutely no idea what to build. I also applaud having pro and amateur divisions. It might take a little while to figure out who should be in what. Can I suggest that those in the hall of fame might nominally be in the pro division.

One question: is manual attaching of things (with pins) permitted as part of the transformation?

Will the categories be completely separated or will non-pros have a chance to beat the pros?

Maybe I would not separate the two strictly. For example voters should not be forced to vote in both categories, and the ranking would be announced as also as one list, not just the separated A and B lists. So basically everything would be as it was before, but the first pro/non-pro in the list also gets a prize and gets attention.

Edited by Lipko

I second Lipko's suggestion! I also have one Q regarding the transformation: can it be done by also adding some elements manually or should everything pop out from the non battle mode model. Oh, and is it necessary that the transformation is motorised/automated or can it be done just by hands?

I have an idea, but I want to confirm that the model merely has to be comprised primarily of Technic, but not necessarily motorized... transformation OR drive.

Great theme! Though I suppose there will be many more bandits than enforcers. I won't be joining (other people can use the prizes better than me) but I might just build a cop car anyway.

So if I understand correctly, you have to make something that drives (everything covered up) and when you for example open the hood or something it exposes 2 competition cannons?

It needs to be a little more than that. Cannons popping out is only part of the battle mode. The vehicle itself needs to have some sort of transformation as well.

Can I suggest that those in the hall of fame might nominally be in the pro division.

I will look into this.

One question: is manual attaching of things (with pins) permitted as part of the transformation?

Nope, manually attaching things is not possible. That will result in endless strange possibilities. I'd rather see everything present in the vehicle.

Will the categories be completely separated or will non-pros have a chance to beat the pros?

Maybe I would not separate the two strictly. For example voters should not be forced to vote in both categories, and the ranking would be announced as also as one list, not just the separated A and B lists. So basically everything would be as it was before, but the first pro/non-pro in the list also gets a prize and gets attention.

This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. Was struggling with the A and B category and I think you have the answer. Still a single list, which will result in the same voting procedure. Everything will stay the same, except for the prizes and attention. This will more or less solve my Category B medals predicament as well. Thanks for the suggestion big guy :excited:

(I have updated the rules)

I second Lipko's suggestion! I also have one Q regarding the transformation: can it be done by also adding some elements manually or should everything pop out from the non battle mode model. Oh, and is it necessary that the transformation is motorised/automated or can it be done just by hands?

See the answer to veryrusty. I think manual attachment ruin the fun.

The transformation can be done manually or motorised. That's up to you. Motorised is cool, but manual operation can be equally cool, if not cooler.

I have an idea, but I want to confirm that the model merely has to be comprised primarily of Technic, but not necessarily motorized... transformation OR drive.

Primarily Technic indeed, although you can use regular bricks for a Model Team style bodywork. Motorisation is absolutely not mandatory :thumbup:

Great theme! Though I suppose there will be many more bandits than enforcers. I won't be joining (other people can use the prizes better than me) but I might just build a cop car anyway.

Sure you won't enter?! I'd like to see you build something! And if you are worried about stealing the prizes, you can always donate your prize to a fellow contestant :laugh::wink:

Like doors working as wings? I'm working on an enforcer 4x4, i have drive added with XL motor connected to a V10 :)

Excuse me for all my questions, this is the first competition I'm entering

Doors for wings is indeed a great example.

The contest is based on the oldskool series M.A.S.K.

Check out this video, starting at 9:30. One of the vehicles is actually a car with doors as wings.

Just saw Lego Ninjago cartoon on CN. There are also "transformers".

i like the theme but as an enforcer does it has to be black and white or can it be just black?

2 Q: can i use as a bandid like yellow and a little black for like racing stripes?

thanks

i like the theme but as an enforcer does it has to be black and white or can it be just black?

2 Q: can i use as a bandid like yellow and a little black for like racing stripes?

thanks

Only Black is cool! And you can use a bit of Black for decals/stripes for the Bandits :thumbup:

What about manually rellocating pieces/group of pieces?

I mean you already stated that everything should be on the model but, can you detach one/several pieces from somewhere in the model and atach them elsewhere (without adding or removing anything)?

For example detaching wheels from the sides and ataching them to the back to serve as propulsors

Does the vehicle have to be totally original (including a cool name) or can we try to make one of the MASK cars?

Edited by JamesJT

heh.. figured it was MASK, when I saw the first post.. although I'll admit, it has a bit of 'Mad Max' feel to it.. esp the names 'Bandit' and 'Enforcer

I loved that show when I was a kid.. pretty sure I recreated most of the vehicles (transforming of course), out of Lego :D

Interesting competition. If I don't enter then I will take this opportunity to wish you all good luck and I look forward to seeing your models.

H :thumbup: