896gerard

Lego HoverTrack Luctor 544 with Schuitemaker Rapide 8400 RS forage wag

The Luctor is back! And it's back with a bang hitched to it. A €600, 2.5kg, 2500pcs, one year build-time bang. And the video is on YouTube. Check out a more elaborate review on http://www.mocpages....moc.php/414168.

To give you a hint: this is the first ever forage wagon made out of Lego bricks that can actually pick up grass and dispose it when the cargo is full.

It took over one year to build, the pickup system for the grass alone cost me a full-time week!

A picture says more than a thousand words, click here to see them all on brickshelf: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=556822

kijkenvergelijkzemocpagesmocpages.jpg

Watch the video here:

More about the Luctor itself (this video has already sometime ago been posted here)

Edited by 896gerard

This is an amazing creation: I love it! How did you make those animations of the functions? They look incredible and make it very easy to understand.

This machine and its video are incredible. I love that you got footage of the real one alongside the Lego model. Do you know someone who drives these things?

The pickup mechanism and the unloading function are great, too. Congratulations, it's truly a fantastic model.

Great model, It is nice to have actual footage of the real machine for reference, what program did you use to animate the collection device ?

This is an amazing creation: I love it! How did you make those animations of the functions? They look incredible and make it very easy to understand.

I used the rotate tool from SR 3D builder and a screen recorder program.

Amazing job and extremely realistic design. Well done and hat off for your perserverence with the model. A real jawdropper :thumbup:! I am a bit boggled by the grass picking mechanism. I thought that those rotating "grabbers" should rottate in opposite direction in order to suck in the grass. Isn't the upper one actually pushing the grass back towards outside?

Amazing job and extremely realistic design. Well done and hat off for your perserverence with the model. A real jawdropper :thumbup:! I am a bit boggled by the grass picking mechanism. I thought that those rotating "grabbers" should rottate in opposite direction in order to suck in the grass. Isn't the upper one actually pushing the grass back towards outside?

This is Schuitemakers unique 'trailing pickup' system. This means that the lower rotor is behind the upper rotor. ALL other forage wagons have the 'pushing pickup' system. This means that the lower rotor is in front of the upper rotor. In the 'pushing pickup' system, you are right on the lower rotor: that would change direction. But on the trailing pickup design: the lower rotor pushes it up (this happens only when it spins backwards), the upper rotor picks it up exactly where the lower rotor would loose it and takes the grass further up. This may sound complex, and I can confirm that it is complex. Building a working forage wagon has always been the 'mission impossible' of my Lego Technic building career just because of this difficult pickup.

Jaw dropping MOC - incredible in all aspects :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: - IMHO 100% HoF candidate...

Really cool I had to look again cause your picture of the moc looks so realistic you really did a good jobs with looks hear , like all the system bricks .

Simply amazing.

Every little detail and all the functions. Great job!

That is just awesome.

One year is not much time for a model like this. I have spent more that one year (okay, with many pauses and some other models) on just a simple crap telehandler, which would be dwarfed by this model both size and function-wise.

Edited by Lipko

Phenomenal build with great video & photography showing it at it's best.