Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

[MOC] Queen Amidala Overlooks

After getting a good deal to get her almost two years ago, was able to build this iconic scene from the movie within the week and took preliminary pics. However wasn't satisfied with the initial build and somehow lost track/forgot all about it. Going through the drives recently, clearing out some space from another PC suddenly found her pics.

The whole external structure was also built for this but sadly didn't take any pics of it. There's not much left, but better than nothing and will hopefully rebuild the vignette in the future to get better pics and/or possibly a much bigger diorama truly fit for a queen.

Just remembered that I wanted to make a chandelier to hang in the middle of the room to complete the scene.

18712842585_136fb9a335_c.jpg

Very nicely done and beautifully lit for shadows. And nice use of the arms for scroll-work (?) in the ceiling.

Great use of minifig arms on the columns and I love the sand green and maroon used on the floor tiling. That was always a nice pairing in my opinion. The tan is not overbearing and everything is well distributed. However, I do agree, a chandelier would complete the scene, making it even better than it is now.

Great work my friend which is always expected from you. I really do love it when I see that ACPin has something new on the Eurobricks homepage. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow, looks amazing with the light coming in through the windows shining on the tiles. The ventilation grills.

Soooo beautiful. It makes even more sad that we never got a Theed Palace set for this fantastic minifig. (Since I cannot build such a great MOC).

Great lighting. It sets the atmosphere very well.

Really like the top of the columns.

Great work AC, the lighting is absolutely perfect :wub: I'm not sure that I could do that to my minifigures though!

Thanks all for your comments and to think that it's still unfinished/almost lost it. All the more now that I've decided to rebuild it so that I can bring it to the shows.

AC

Yes...nice pic with that light and shadows. Like the details at the top of the columns.

divine.. i love the lighting..

There's actually just one light source used for this and had to move it around to get the shadows right.

AC

What a great photograph. I love how you created a very special mood and atmosphere through the use of light.

(The build itself is obviously good, too.)

What a great photograph. I love how you created a very special mood and atmosphere through the use of light.

(The build itself is obviously good, too.)

What a lovely scene. Can't wait for updated pictures!

Thanks and will post updated pics once it's rebuilt.

AC

The lighting here is beautiful, and it captures the scene perfectly. It has been quite a long time scince I have seen your MOCs and I really miss your builds. Thanks for sharing this one, it looks so nice. :thumbup:

The lighting here is beautiful, and it captures the scene perfectly. It has been quite a long time scince I have seen your MOCs and I really miss your builds. Thanks for sharing this one, it looks so nice. :thumbup:

Though haven't done much in SW, there's so much more done in other themes in the past couple of years. Please check them out if you haven't and still planning to do more SW MOCs in the future.

AC

Awesome scene AC! Glad you did share this one and that it was not just lost.