Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

On September 4, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Lyichir said:

Where would I find the cache pictures?

http://cache.lego.co...1&fmt=png-alpha

For the other sets, swap the five-digit set number (75119) in the URL for the number of the set you want to see. For the alternate pics, add "_alt1", "_alt2", and so forth (without quote marks) after the five-digit set number. This is generally the easiest way to get the biggest versions of set pics, in some cases even before they're visible on the Lego shop itself.

Thanks for the help.

I was hoping that the arm mechanism would be something new, but it appears it's just a copy of Skull Basher's build, sans the awful red button.

Still, K-250's build looks really fun and pretty inspiring. But it's also a goldmine of parts. So many good recolours, and then there's a gearbox cover! Also, the new panel shells aren't completely smooth like I thought, but have two holes like the average CCBS shell. Good!

To whom it may concern, it's K-2SO, not K-250.

Sorry, that's been bugging me...

Anywho, it's a shame it appears they made no improvement on Skull Basher's gimmick. It's a neat idea, but it's still flawed with its looseness. I'll probably still get him. Haven't decided. 

Wouldn't fixing the looseness be as simple as replacing the tan pins with blue friction pins? I mean, that would impede the function somewhat, but if you'd rather just have a posable model it seems to me that seems like the simplest solution. Anyhow, I think it does make one considerable improvement on Skull Basher, which is that the button doesn't stick so far off the back.

On 9/28/2016 at 6:36 AM, Aethersprite said:

Could it be that the looseness was intended, so that you can manuvre his arms around more easily?

Almost certainly. Being able to hold a pose is a far greater consideration for adult fans than for kids, who often tend to prefer models that DO something (hence the inclusion of functions in the first place). Additionally, another advantage of the looseness in Skull Basher's build, at least, was to allow the pressure from the corrugated pipe to more reliably return his arms to their original position after engaging the function (something that friction pins would have hindered).

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Almost certainly. Being able to hold a pose is a far greater consideration for adult fans than for kids, who often tend to prefer models that DO something (hence the inclusion of functions in the first place). Additionally, another advantage of the looseness in Skull Basher's build, at least, was to allow the pressure from the corrugated pipe to more reliably return his arms to their original position after engaging the function (something that friction pins would have hindered).

Yeap, my thoughts exactly! I just might pick up K-2SO if the price drops.

On another note, something just looks off on the Death Trooper to me. Is it just me, or are the legs too long? I can't figure out what's so off about the figure. One main problem is its bulk - the legs should be wider when looked at head-on, but that's just a consequence of using the CCBS system. Are its limbs disproportionate? The legs just seem a bit too lanky to me.

I just got K-2SO and I have to wonder. Why are there four red axles in his arms when all the other 2 length axles in the build are black? The character model doesn't appear to have any red detail in the arms.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4991/K2SO.jpg

Not only that but the set has a hunch when the model doesn't seem to have one.

As for the function. Its not as loose as Basher's was probably due to the fact that the arms are lighter without the axes. But I do have a plan to mod it to be more solid.

Edit. Tried the mod I had in mind but it won't work for K-2SO's build. I'll try it on a uniter torso sometime later to see if its viable. If it works it should not flop around like Basher/K-2SO's function.

Edited by Takanuinuva

9 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

I just got K-2SO and I have to wonder. Why are there four red axles in his arms when all the other 2 length axles in the build are black? The character model doesn't appear to have any red detail in the arms.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4991/K2SO.jpg

Not only that but the set has a hunch when the model doesn't seem to have one.

As for the function. Its not as loose as Basher's was probably due to the fact that the arms are lighter without the axes. But I do have a plan to mod it to be more solid.

They do that a lot. Usually it's to enable easier building. I personally really hate it. The UCS R2 looks like a rainbow from the inside.

Got K-2SO today. Wow he's tall! The function is a little jerky and weird but the build overall was very intricate and detailed. 

I got all of them today and I have to agree with the rest about K2-s function, but it's not that disturbing. Other than that he is fantastic, I think he even looks taller than Grievous and paired up with Jyn Erso they both looks great.

Jyn turned out to be surprisingly good IMO, the new torso piece is a useful addition and it does it's job, making the figure more feminine. Also she is a wonderful parts pack and I like how she can store the batons on the back, I was missing that kind of function for Rey.

The death trooper is almost flawless in my eyes, but the only thing that's bothering me is easily noticeable, the oversized legs. Compared to the body his legs are way too long, I left out the reinforced joint on the ankle and it somewhat solved it,

Also all 3 figures use the B Ball/cup beam for the upper arms, while almost all of the previous ones (except Phasma) used the A ball/cup beam, and I don't understand why they changed this, because the A beam gives more space for articulating the arm. I replaced it for Jyn (for the rest, they are not too limiting) and it's much better now.

So summarising, none of them are perfect but IMO they are all good, especially K2SO. He is my favourite since I first saw the blurry images and he doesn't disappoint, for me he is really close to the Grievous/Vader quality level despite the lousy play-feature. Oh and the outstanding job they did bysculpting ang painting of the headpiece makes you wonder, why they cannot make decent human faces. :D

One more thing, I don't know what those who got the sets think about the new thigh armour, but for me, it is too chubby and for a shorter figure, like Jyn it restricts the posability, because of it's size.

Does anyone have a picture of the Death Trooper without the friction-adders on the ankles? I wonder how much it'll improve its proportions.

5 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Does anyone have a picture of the Death Trooper without the friction-adders on the ankles? I wonder how much it'll improve its proportions.

I've just finished building him, so there you go :

29507830184_3a6bc2e631_z.jpg

:wink:

6 hours ago, Leewan said:

Thanks! :) He looks slightly better, but I think the problem with him (and other Death Trooper figures, like Hasbro's) is that they just lack... Bulk. It's more apparent in the legs because the upper body is fleshed out by the pauldron.

On 9/20/2016 at 5:20 PM, PicnicBasketSam said:

That's a Boba Fett figure... him and two others got pushed to January for some reason.

Wait WHAT? Were is this coming from? I thought we were getting more RO figures. Has this rumor bean disproved already? Can you please elaborate?

There will be three RO figures in January. We might still get more OT characters later, though.

What confuses me is that a previous report talked about the three figures being a Sand Trooper and two from Jyn's group (Blind Guy with Staff™ and Guy with Red Armour and Gun™). If those 3 and Boba belong to the same wave, it seems weird they'd make a wave of 4 sets since they seem to follow a 6 sets plan (usually 3 heroes and 3 bad guys).

I hope they make one of the figs a Shoretroper, they are so gorgeous!

3 hours ago, Shakar said:

(Blind Guy with Staff™ and Guy with Red Armour and Gun™)

:laugh:

8 hours ago, Csacsa234 said:

I hope they make one of the figs a Shoretroper, they are so gorgeous!

:laugh:

Rumours say that we are getting a Shoretrooper!

On 05/10/2016 at 7:58 PM, Leewan said:

*snip* 

That's a little bit glorious. 

Edited by Leewan
Removed quoted picture