Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

The sets are now on the official Lego store page. More pictures are included which offer better looks at certain pieces and functions.

Jyn: http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

Death Trooper: http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

K-S2O:http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

I'm not seeing additional pictures. For that matter, the images for K-2SO and the Death Trooper seem to be swapped.

EDIT: I did find them by going to where the pictures themselves are hosted in Lego's cache. They look nice!

Edited by Lyichir

I'm not seeing additional pictures. For that matter, the images for K-2SO and the Death Trooper seem to be swapped.

EDIT: I did find them by going to where the pictures themselves are hosted in Lego's cache. They look nice!

Where would I find the cache pictures?

Where would I find the cache pictures?

http://cache.lego.co...1&fmt=png-alpha

For the other sets, swap the five-digit set number (75119) in the URL for the number of the set you want to see. For the alternate pics, add "_alt1", "_alt2", and so forth (without quote marks) after the five-digit set number. This is generally the easiest way to get the biggest versions of set pics, in some cases even before they're visible on the Lego shop itself.

Edited by Lyichir

I like that the Italian description of the sets translates Star Wars into Guerre Stellari (which is something distributors, marketers and the like haven't done in decades) but keep stuff that should be translated like Sergeant in English. :drunk:

But on the good side, there's K-2SO's torso which looks very well designed. If it manages to look as good in person as it does in the pictures while leaving room for a smooth battle function, I'm going to give mad props to the designer. I'm actually thinking of buying the set for the parts and incorporate the torso in a MOC.

I really want K-250. It looks brilliant, includes the 2015 Piston shell in black, and uses a lot of traditional Technic to form the skinny legs. I want it.

The fact that K-250 and Jyn have functions makes me happy. The fact that Jyn's of a higher pricepoint however makes me sad.

Oh, yay. More intrusive gimmicks.

As said by the wise TJOmega, "intrusive gimmicks are evil".

Thanks LEGO, now I have to get more parts to lock-out the arms.

Who knows maybe they fixed the problem with Skull Basher's gimmick with it being wobbly.

I'd barely consider it "intrusive". In fact, the set would be much less appealing to me if it DIDN'T contain any sort of function, considering the lack of any sort of weaponry or other accessories. Instead, the set includes what seems to be an improvement upon Skull Basher's function, which I'd still consider one of the neatest functions in Bionicle G2.

As for modding the set, I don't think it'd take many parts to lock the arms in place if you're truly determined to remove a huge part of what makes the set special.

I'd barely consider it "intrusive". In fact, the set would be much less appealing to me if it DIDN'T contain any sort of function, considering the lack of any sort of weaponry or other accessories. Instead, the set includes what seems to be an improvement upon Skull Basher's function, which I'd still consider one of the neatest functions in Bionicle G2.

As for modding the set, I don't think it'd take many parts to lock the arms in place if you're truly determined to remove a huge part of what makes the set special.

I imagine some people would rather want the set for display than for the functions.

I imagine some people would rather want the set for display than for the functions.

Count me in for that. I value articulation above all else.

I mean, functions are neat, but if it limits a figure's articulation or anything else, I'd consider it a problem. Bionicle did a good job of finding the right balance. Hopefully they've improved upon Skull Basher's function for K-2SO, otherwise I'll definitely be locking the arms.

Count me in for that. I value articulation above all else.

I mean, functions are neat, but if it limits a figure's articulation or anything else, I'd consider it a problem. Bionicle did a good job of finding the right balance. Hopefully they've improved upon Skull Basher's function for K-2SO, otherwise I'll definitely be locking the arms.

Now that you mention it, I do remember the Ent's throwing gimmick bothered me because it allows for less poseability. You raise a valid point!

Remember those leaks about a set with sand green as the main color.

What was that about

That's a Boba Fett figure... him and two others got pushed to January for some reason.

I guess I should mention that I have hated the gear functions in constraction sets since Bionicle first started. I don't care how much they improve. If it has one, it's gone.

The only good gear function for me so far are the waist joints.

Weird, I consider the geared waist torsos to be one of the most intrusive and annoying gear functions I've ever seen implemented. It's one of the many many reasons the Uniters ended up so bad.

How can you find that intrusive? It add adds articulation where there wasn't any to begin with. That's actually a good thing.

Arm functions are intrusive because they clash with the already existing articulation in the arms. They cause problems.

A waist joint doesn't cause problems.

Edited by Jetrax99

Jangbricks has gotten  K-250 early. He did a speedbuild video. Once his review is up we can see if they improved on Skull Basher's gimmick.