Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

Leaked images have been out for a while.

Leaked images.You can found them on google. :classic::wacko:

Yes yes I've seen them too but I thought he saw the actual figures.

No :cry_sad:

I think they will be revealed at Comic Con.

Most likely, I'd say. Seems like a good time to do so.

And I hope this is the case as well. Comic Con is in less than a month!

Most likely, I'd say. Seems like a good time to do so.

And I hope this is the case as well. Comic Con is in less than a month!

I think it's fair to bet on a Comic Con reveal, but they might not show all of them. It is very likely that Boba is among the yet unknown figures but Disney is yet to reveal how much he has to do with the movie outside from speculations and might be left out due to that among possibly some others.

Even in the leak not only the image was cropped the bottom half was edited out raising questions why?

My theory is that it is Boba Fett and had the leaker shown it Disney would had been... well really unhappy and really tried to hunt the guy down.

Well they were very secretive about the TFA sets last year. They only showed the Battle Figures that were based off the previous six movies at Comic Con. I don't think we'll be seeing the Rogue One merchandise that soon, but I also don't think they'll wait again till Force Friday to 'reveal' the sets 'for the first time' to the public.

I don't really like the new thigh shells that much from these pictures, but it's nice that they have more connection points than just the ball snap. Jyn's new torso shell seems well-proportioned and could probably be used effectively with different printing in the future, even though its connections and printing seem just as limiting as the previous Star Wars torso shell.

I'm still disappointed that they gave Jyn a hat — I'm sure she wears it at some point in the movie, so it's probably not inaccurate, but her head piece would be a lot more versatile without headgear. On the bright side, as with Rey, it doesn't appear that the choice was made for the purpose of hiding her gender, which I was genuinely afraid they'd do with Rey since they could have easily had her mask covering her face. The face sculpt is high quality, and as with previous head sculpts, it matches the CCBS's distinctive blend of smooth curves and angular, well-defined contours. I'd say her gun is the most creative build yet to use that blaster housing.

The Death Trooper uses some creative techniques for their gun and munitions, but monochrome figures like that tend to sort of bore me, particularly on a generic trooper physique. That's part of why I haven't ended up picking up Phasma, the First Order Stormtrooper, or Kylo Ren yet. K-2SO is even more monochrome, but has an incredibly creative build that helps redeem it somewhat. It feels very robotic, but in this case it's supposed to, and it's neat to see that yes, droids can translate well into Star Wars buildable figures. It has a weirdly cute face considering its spooky-looking physique and color scheme.

Overall, Jyn appeals to me most out of the new figures, but perhaps not as much as Rey did with her brighter color palette and interesting combination of basic shells and textiles.

K-2SO is definitely my fav. Pass on the others. Something just feels... Off about them.

Can't say I'll get K-2SO, though. Haven't really been collecting the SW Constraction sets. But I will say the pieces are neat. Thigh armor, Death Trooper's shoulder armor, and the Piston add-on in black! Pretty cool.

I guess this is obvious to most, but still: keep in mind that those prices are Amazon's, and way higher than the official prices. Always happens when they're up earlier than the supposed release date. So the sets are going to hit the official prices (25 Euro?) once they're out.

Anyway, these pics don't reveal much more compared to the leaked pics, but it's cool to see clearer shots of the sets. K-2SO really is the only one I might get, since it's the only one with a potentially interesting build. But the other 2 do have some interesting parts, like the dark tan hands, and whatever piece(s?) Death Trooper wears on the neck (does that ammo belt allow for stud connections?). But the new panel shell and the piston add-on in black are by far what I'm interested in the most.

I may get K-2SO if/when he goes on sale; his build intrigues me.

The rest are an easy pass. I love the in-universe Death Trooper design, but like Aanchir said, monochrome CCBS figures tend to be quite bland.

These don't seem to be particularly innovative, which is disappointing. They're all nice figures, but not much we haven't seen. Death Trooper, even though he's all black, seems like he's got a lot of cool add-ons, though, so I'll probably go for him.

I like the droid, but these have got to be some of the blandest and dullest looking construction figures I've ever seen. They're like the LEGO version of those brown and grey gritty military shooters everyone makes fun of. Say what you will about Bionicle's reboot, but at least that brought some life and color back to the lego aisle. These are just, boring and dull. (Here's hoping kids don't like them and lego tries something a bit more colorful in the construction line next. :wink: ) (Still gonna buy that droid and maybe the trooper though though, they've got some interesting thins going for them.)

Honestly won't be surprised if these flop. Not into them to begin with but they just look so bland and uninteresting even if it's true to the source material. They just don't pop, I can't see them standing out much on store shelves, especially considering the apparently shaky status of constraction at the moment.

I really don't have that much interest in these to be honest, but I like the black piston add on that comes with the Droid. Maybe if I make some bricklink orders, I'll get a few.

As far as star wars goes, I'm still waiting for a darth maul to be made.

As per LEGO's request, images have been pulled.

I actually got around to watching TFA last night, and rebuilt Rey and Finn while doing so. Watching the film really made me want figures of more of the characters, like Maz, Chewie and Han.

Well, hopefully they've improved on the function's design. It was neat, but the execution left floppy arms on Skull Basher.

So instead of a gearbox, K-2SO apparently has a function like Skull Basher's! That's nice.

I'm surprised that all three figures are $25, though. Would've expected Jyn to cost $20 like Rey did, since she has more or less the same proportions. But I guess her gun and whatever that is built onto her back add to the cost.

That's a nice surprise! I might get it if the function is executed well enough.

Whoa are these really due for September 30th? I legit thought they got a January 2017 release like the TFA figures. Really curious about the 2017 sets now.

Anyway, as I said before, I find Jyn and Death Trooper to be overpriced, but man I really want K-2SO. Cool looking figure, cool build that incorporates a potentially cool function, a new shell, that delicious piston shell in black AND 4 lightsaber handles in black? 100% gonna buy, though not at 27 Euro.

Edited by Shakar

The sets are now on the official Lego store page. More pictures are included which offer better looks at certain pieces and functions.

Jyn: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sergeant-Jyn-Erso-75119?fromListing=listing

Death Trooper: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/K-2SO-75120?fromListing=listing

K-S2O:http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Imperial-Death-Trooper-75121?fromListing=listing