Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

Yeah, capes are supposed to have the fuzzy side out- easiest way to see lego illustrate this is with Vezon, since he has an assymetrical cape you can see which side it instructs you to place against his back.

With that said, I have never actually done it that way as I prefer the opposite.

Yeah, capes are supposed to have the fuzzy side out- easiest way to see lego illustrate this is with Vezon, since he has an assymetrical cape you can see which side it instructs you to place against his back.

With that said, I have never actually done it that way as I prefer the opposite.

I actually didn't know that that's the way LEGO has the capes, suppose you learn something new every day (I don't think I even noticed Vezon's cape was asymmetrical). Even with Vezon, I placed the cape furry side inwards, because not only do I find it more aesthetically pleasing, the furry side seems to attract dust (my house gets a lot of dust, and I can see a lot of dust gathering on Phasma's cape already). It's annoying me that I can't do the same with Phasma's cape unless I have it draped over the wrong shoulder :look:

Interesting.. with system sets I never bothered sticking stickers or putting capes/ string/ rubber bands. But with constraction it seems that the cape is the final touch, without it everything looks bony.

I find the furry side outward looks best, because the other side is shinier and has a rougher texture, which doesn't result in as pure a color (if that makes any sense). It's especially noticeable on my Obi-Wan figure.

Edited by Aanchir

Furry side in, for me.

Anywho, still need to pick up some of these. Definitely getting Kylo. Maybe the Stormtrooper (probably the Stormtrooper?).

I would like to get Rey, but... I just wish she was in her non-desert attire. It'd be nice to get an updated figure in the summer, but I doubt that happening.

And I shall call her. Mini-ME

Looking at

I'm surprised nobody has done this yet. :tongue:

Looking at this, why did LEGO print the visor bit up so high? Looks weird.

Nice photo, though!

On an unrelated note, I can't wait for Lego to reveal their Jar-Jar Binks buildable figure for the summer wave.

What? Huh. The only rumors I heard was for the UCS life size Jar- Jar statue with commemorative solid platinum Jar-Jar min figures being hidden in different sets...

On a serious note, seems like every store I've been to (Lego store, Target, BnN) is sold out of Kylo Ren and Rey... Shame as those were the two I was most looking forward to. Got Phasma and Poe, though.

Built Rey today. Fantastic design. Can't wait to start trying out new ideas with the pieces. Random observation — the textile piece she uses makes a great Turaga cloak. :wink:

Built Rey today. Fantastic design. Can't wait to start trying out new ideas with the pieces. Random observation — the textile piece she uses makes a great Turaga cloak. :wink:

Yeah, me too! Can't wait to build her when she is coming with the mail!

Edited by Chimaninja454

Did they purposely make it so you can't pull the side blades out of Kylo Ren's lightsaber? It's impossible to pull them out. :wacko:

Did they purposely make it so you can't pull the side blades out of Kylo Ren's lightsaber? It's impossible to pull them out. :wacko:

I don't have such problem :look: . I even wish they made the holes deeper.

No problem here either. I took his lightsaber apart yesterday to borrow that cross piece for an MOC and the side blades came out easily :look:

While I haven't had problems with Kylo's Lightsaber, I do often have problems with minifig lightsaber rods getting stuck into holes (like the wrist holes of the Exo-Force robot arms). I think it has something to do with the plastic used for transparent parts, but I'm not sure what specifically (can someone inform me?).

While I haven't had problems with Kylo's Lightsaber, I do often have problems with minifig lightsaber rods getting stuck into holes (like the wrist holes of the Exo-Force robot arms). I think it has something to do with the plastic used for transparent parts, but I'm not sure what specifically (can someone inform me?).

You're spot-on. Transparent Lego parts (as well as most Technic parts) are made of Polycarbonate instead of ABS. Polycarbonate binds to itself readily, so inserting polycarbonate parts into other polycarbonate parts can create a very tight fit. It's not generally recommended by Lego (and is in fact considered an illegal connection, though there are cases where it's been done anyway), but in the case of new parts where it's expected (like that part), you would think they'd try to make the parts looser to compensate... then again, maybe they did, and CM4S just got a bad one.

I've been a constraction fan my whole life but with a limited budget. If I were to get two figures total, from each wave, one good guy, one bad guy which ones should I get and why??? Thanks, all!

I've been a constraction fan my whole life but with a limited budget. If I were to get two figures total, from each wave, one good guy, one bad guy which ones should I get and why??? Thanks, all!

Grievous and either Obi-Wan or Rey, I would say. Grievous is the best set released thus far and the Hero sets generally aren't as good as the villains, but Rey and Obi-Wan stand out somewhat.

Just ordered Kylo Ren and the First Order Stormtrooper. They should be here in about a week. Was going to get Phasma as well but I don't need extra silver parts or that cape. Maybe if she goes down in price I'll get her then.

I wish pick-a-brick didn't stink so I could order these new torsos and gearbox covers.

Well, you can always use LEGO Bricks & Pieces. You can usually find ANY piece there. However, the buying system, like every year, will not be operative again until February, but that's just in a week or so so no big deal.

I use it far more than pages like Bricklink. The shipping costs tend to be cheaper, and as I already said you can almost always find new pieces there. Last year there was an incident where all the new pieces from the 2015 BIONICLE summer sets appeared as "out of order", and in fact if you search for any of the new constraction sets their new pieces do not even appear. However I notified them of this via e-mail and I got a response saying they were surprised and sorry of hearing so, and that they would work on it.

Well, you can always use LEGO Bricks & Pieces. You can usually find ANY piece there. However, the buying system, like every year, will not be operative again until February, but that's just in a week or so so no big deal.

I use it far more than pages like Bricklink. The shipping costs tend to be cheaper, and as I already said you can almost always find new pieces there. Last year there was an incident where all the new pieces from the 2015 BIONICLE summer sets appeared as "out of order", and in fact if you search for any of the new constraction sets their new pieces do not even appear. However I notified them of this via e-mail and I got a response saying they were surprised and sorry of hearing so, and that they would work on it.

Yeah, I was about to warn that Bricks and Pieces is having issues. Good to see that the issue with the constraction pieces is being fixed. Another issue that I have noticed is that the inventories for the Winter 2016 sets where uploaded, but they contain no new pieces or recolors- not even including them with them being 'Out Of Stock'. Use it with caution for the time being.