Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

Sand green?! Yeeeessss! Building a canon Artakha MOC suddenly becomes slightly more viable.

I can't see Jabba being done, he isn't popular enough as a character and I'm sure Disney (since they're the ones deciding the characters) knows that.

Yoda or Boba? Both are fan favourites. Boba would be more convenient for Lego, but it's Disney calling the shots here. From Lego perspective:

They'd need to make a new price point for Yoda alone (and they tend to not do that for smaller sets, ie Ekimu), not to mention a shorter lightsaber mould just for him (Kylo's special hilt issue was solved with a very generic and useful Technic piece). They can always go for a VS set (Yoda vs whom?) but I have the feeling Disney prefers separate figures.

Meanwhile Boba doesn't require new moulds and fits the estabilished price points.

Either of those two confirms the next wave isn't fully TFA themed. Perhaps 2 figures for each Trilogy?

Hoping we get a C3PO too. So that maybe, just maybe, we'd finally get those gold fists. And, as I said a while ago, some of the new gold recolours could be reused on Ekimu the Mask Maker.

Here's a hint towards a summer contraction build:

One of his main colors is sand green.

And...ahem, do you have any info about Bionicle? *genericcuteanimegirlface*

Just to let Australian fans know, the 2016 figures are making their way to shelves. I spotted 75118 Kylo Ren and 75119 Captain Phasma at a Myer. I didn't check Phasma's price, but Kylo is $40, so Obi-Wan's pricepoint. Also note that until the 24th, Myer has 20% of all toys, including LEGO, so it might be worth keeping an eye out if you go shopping tomorrow.

I picked up the only Kylo Ren on the shelf. Gonna wait until Christmas to open it though (it's a gift), but I'm pumped. :grin:

Edited by TFGuy89

Yeah, let's not make too many assumptions based on minifigure color, because minifigure color doesn't always correspond exactly to constraction set color. The Obi-Wan minifigure has Dark Orange hair, for instance, but the buildable figure has Medium Nougat (Medium Dark Flesh) hair. And the Finn minifigure has a Medium Nougat jacket, but the Finn buildable figure has a Sand Yellow (Dark Tan) jacket. The Rey minifigure has Medium Stone Grey (Light Bluish Gray) torso and sleeves, but the Rey buildable figure has a Sand Yellow torso and Brick Yellow (Tan) sleeves. The Poe Dameron minifigure has a Dark Orange flight suit, but the buildable figure has a Bright Orange one.

In general, if Sand Green is even an approximation of a character's color, then that character is a possibility. But I think Boba Fett and Yoda are by far the most plausible candidates. They're both major characters from multiple movies, one of whom could make use of an existing head mold.

By the way, I was down in Bristol and the Toys R Us there had these sets.

I got Rey and Kylo Ren. Rey is alright for the parts but due to having a more slender build it makes her arms and hands look silly. Kylo Ren is a very cool figure actually despite his seemingy generic black colour scheme. I have yet to try his cloth parts on Vader.

Sand green?! Yeeeessss! Building a canon Artakha MOC suddenly becomes slightly more viable.

And...ahem, do you have any info about Bionicle? *genericcuteanimegirlface*

I don't have any other info on constraction figures.

I don't know if anybody has know about this, but JangBricks's review of the new Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren constraction figure is already available at YouTube. Here's the link for the review videos.

Kylo Ren:

First Order Stormtrooper:

I picked up Kylo Ren, and I have to say, wow, I am very, very impressed with his construction! I love the new torso, and the new piece that wraps around the gearbox. The end result is a figure that has the gear functionality, but all nicely tucked away in a compact and enclosed torso. He looks spectacular. I can't wait to find Rey and Finn now.

For the record, no, I do not have these in hand for review, I'm not sure if we will be getting them or not.

I do want them all, (maybe not as much as the Hot Toys versions :grin: ). Right now the only ones I will be grabbing on the spot are Rey and Phasma, but these look really good, a good step above 2015's.

Maybe I can give it a try once I get my First Order Stormtrooper.

What I wonder is if anyone will put Luke's head on Poe's body and make Luke in his X wing outfit.

Anyone thinking of modding a First Order Stormtrooper into TR-8R? For fun?

This meem has never been fun to begin with.

Well, maybe a bit, but got old quickly.

Anyone thinking of modding a First Order Stormtrooper into TR-8R? For fun?

I gave it a try on LDD today but couldn't come up with a riot control staff that I was happy with. It's hard to recreate the shape and size while still keeping things relatively simple.

I do think different armaments for characters are a great MOCing opportunity, though, and I'll probably give it another go at some point.

While I don't know if I'll keep Rey together for long, I have to say her design is exemplary, and Bionicle would do well to emulate a lot of the design choices here, but perhaps without the strictly "human" proportions.

So, I picked up Rey and Phasma yesterday and I built them. I was quite impressed, especially since Phasma, who I thought was just going to be a silver recoloured FO Stormie with a cape, has quite a different build and a larger size to boot. I was also surprised to see that Phasma's cape is not printed - that red stripe is actually stitched onto the cape.

For those others who own Phasma, when you put her cape on according to the instructions (over the left shoulder, red stripe over the front), does the furry side of the cape face outwards? Mine does, and since usually the smooth side of capes face outwards from the character and furry side faces inwards, I'm wondering if I have one that's cut and stitched wrongly?

Just Poe and Finn left to go, but I think I might wait to pick those up, even though I want to see what Finn's head on the First Order Stormtrooper's body looks like...

I saw in the toy aisle of my local Tesco (Bangor, North Wales) the ultra-builds, but the smaller ones had a quid extra on top of the RRP and the larger ones were 2 quid more expensive. I wasn't going to pay ÂŁ22 for them so I'll wait. I might be going to a Smyths tomorrow so I'll mention if I see any with them.

Edit- I have now been to Smyths (Llandudno). They had large amounts of Finn and Phasma, a couple of Rey, a couple of Poe with no signs of the FO Stormtrooper or Kylo Ren. They also had a lot of Obi-Wans and some Luke's from the last wave.

Edited by Mutant Orc

Maybe there are not only 4 but 6 new buildable figures to come in the summer.

Edited by nrg

For those others who own Phasma, when you put her cape on according to the instructions (over the left shoulder, red stripe over the front), does the furry side of the cape face outwards? Mine does, and since usually the smooth side of capes face outwards from the character and furry side faces inwards, I'm wondering if I have one that's cut and stitched wrongly?

No? The "furry" side is the outside of all big figure capes? The smooth side is the backside that goes up against the figure?

No? The "furry" side is the outside of all big figure capes? The smooth side is the backside that goes up against the figure?

Really? I've always put the furry side on the inside, so I've been doing it wrong since Hero Factory ...