Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

Unfortunately it appears to be in a brown color. It annoys me so much when modern axles are in a color other than black, dark grey or light grey. The tan 5m axles with stoppers were bearable but having the 3m version be brown is going to make them stick out so much. (They could have easily made them black as they no longer make black 3m axles)

They can only stick out but so much, considering most of us hadn't even noticed them! Dark Brown is a pretty subtle color, and in most situations where the part would be visible in the first place, you'll still be able to continue choosing between the type with the stud on the end and the new type (since the new type is only really necessary in situations where you need clearance for another part that would cover it up in some positions).

Not to mention the fact that color coding is hugely important for this part. The 3M pin/axle category is CROWDED. You have 3M pins (Brick Yellow), 3M friction pins (Bright Blue) 1M pin/2M axle pin-axles (Black), 2M pin/1M axle pin-axles (Dark Stone Grey), 3M axles (Medium Stone Grey and as of next year, Bright Yellow as well) 3M pins with end stop and stud (Sand Yellow), and now these new 3M pins with end stop (Dark Brown). In a set that features a bunch of varieties of these (like a large Technic set), the color coding will be a huge boon to help ease confusion.

I can tell you, the Main Character Tax being applied to Luke in the UK made Luke an absolute flop in the UK. While most retailers stock Jango, Cody and Obi-Wan (and some bigger supermarkets stock Vader as well), and they sell pretty well, I have not seen Luke anywhere outside dedicated retailers, and where I have seen Luke stocked, he's always warmed the shelf while all the other Battle Figures simply fly off the shelves. I get the impression most UK retailers don't even WANT to stock Luke.

If they do the same with Finn, LEGO have obviously not learned their lesson from ^ yet... applying main character tax to a sub-par model isn't always going to work :sceptic:

Not surprising, Luke is quite probably the blandest of the 2015 figures. I don't know what they were excepting..

Now, Finn is definitely a better set, but he's not worth that price.

And that 3M axle looks pretty useful! And the Dark Brown isn't that bad.

Edited by Shakar

Huh. So according to the latest Technic reviews, that 3M axle with end stop is Reddish Brown, not Dark Brown. Oh well. I had been a little worried about how much difference a Dark Brown axle would make in identifying parts anyway, since in a lot of lighting it's hard to distinguish from black.

I was thinking..

Since the new torso doesn't have any neck built-in, wouldn't it be possible to attach a ball socket and keept it stable with some Technic tricks?

That way, you could mount a Toa Metru head, and build Bionicle G2 characters wearing the old masks.

Russian. Got. Capitan Phasma.

That torso piece looks like one of the most generic from the Star Wars ultra builds so far. I like it.

I don't understand a word of Russian (actually I know about 4..but that's besides the point)... but judging from your tone of voice and what you were pointing to, were you saying her cape is of low quality?

I don't understand a word of Russian (actually I know about 4..but that's besides the point)... but judging from your tone of voice and what you were pointing to, were you saying her cape is of low quality?

He was admiring the quality of its edging.

Was he? Good then. He sounded a bit disappointed/disgusted but I guess it was just my feeling, silly me. :laugh:

Very reliable source has told me there will be 4 more buildable figures this summer/fall! I dunno what they are though.

Very reliable source has told me there will be 4 more buildable figures this summer/fall! I dunno what they are though.

4 seem kinda odd, it's most likely more SW FA sets since I'd expect 6 for a full other Star Wars line.

The second option is BvS, three main guys and Lex Luthor as a big bad doesn't sound that far off either.

And for people saying "we already got Batman", yeah but it was only Batman.

Start placing your bets folks! Will it be Star Wars Rebels sets? Or just more famous movie characters? Maybe even more TFA characters that didn't make the first cut? Is it even guaranteed to be more Star Wars constraction? Find out after 4 months of whining about lack of leaks!

(personally I want Maul, but I don't know how feasible that is)

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

Hm... any chance of a co-pack, akin to 71311 Kopaka and Melum Unity Set in the Bionicle range? I don't know what chance there is of that... but it might help explain a smaller wave, and could be a nice chance to get figures of smaller characters like Yoda or R2-D2.

Yep! set numbers are just after the first TFA constraction figures coming out.

They are:

Hm... any chance of a co-pack, akin to 71311 Kopaka and Melum Unity Set in the Bionicle range? I don't know what chance there is of that... but it might help explain a smaller wave, and could be a nice chance to get figures of smaller characters like Yoda or R2-D2.

EP 3 Chewbacca and Yoda could be cool.

Well if they are directly after the TFA sets it seems likely they are from Star Wars. But I wouldn't get my hopes on stuff from other episodes at this point since TFA will be quite pusher even still. The idea that these sets are from rebels instead of the past two trilogies makes more sense to me.

For the possible lineup I would take Han-Solo, Chewbacca, maybe Luke and R2D2 & C3-PO combo pack.

Crossing my fingers for Boba Fett and Rex. The former shouldn't be too hard given that the Mandalorian helmet mold already exists, and I'm convinced Lego can pull off a nice kama for the latter after seeing what they've done with capes for the upcoming TFA sets.

So it looks like Kylo Ren does have another new torso piece. Its very similar to the one the Toa Uniters have just without a neck ball and the normal leg connections in place of the gear. Finn and Rey should also come with this piece though I'm not sure if Poe will as well as I think he might have the one that Phasma and the FO Stormie have.