Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

More detailing?

Less. Phasma has a very plain armor, which is awesome so the printing doesn't ruin it.

In my opinion, I can see Rey being masked, and Poe wearing his helmet for the sake having less-human molds. Finn will probably be the only human face mold (since we can't have three FO Stormies in one wave... I suppose).

I'm also curious how they are going to handle Kylo Ren. Will they make a fabric cape/hood combo, a molded hood with a fabric cape, or helmet only mold with fabric cape?

Rats. I was hoping for a Jar-Jar. :tongue:

To be fair, that would be a perfect excuse to get some more tan parts, and maybe some dark red ones as well.

In my opinion, I can see Rey being masked, and Poe wearing his helmet for the sake having less-human molds. Finn will probably be the only human face mold (since we can't have three FO Stormies in one wave... I suppose).

I'm also curious how they are going to handle Kylo Ren. Will they make a fabric cape/hood combo, a molded hood with a fabric cape, or helmet only mold with fabric cape?

A cape with hood would be awesome, but they can still find an easy way out by making his head mold fused with the hood and just giving him Darth Vader's cape. Hope not, but..

As for the other characters...

*Knows little to nothing about The Force Awakens*

*Googles the names*

Oh. Lots of (maskless) humans, but they could have some neat recolours (tan?). Phasma could be a cool figure on her own.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and ORANGE! They really limited its use after 2012, but they have no excuse here.

Edited by Shakar

Weren't we all hoping for Jar-Jar ? :grin:

I can see Rey being masked

Ah, yes, that would be a good idea.

This lineup isn't too surprising. I'm wondering if Poe's suit will be regular orange or dark orange, like his minifig counterpart. Also, unless they give him black gloves, we should see reddish brown hands on Finn.

I'd personally prefer if Rey weren't masked, just by virtue of giving us a female human head element to use in MOCs. I have little use for the many helmet and mask elements from the Star Wars constraction sets, but the human head elements are generally generic enough that they could be used to create original, non–Star Wars characters.

I'm very much looking forward to these sets, partly because I bet the trooper and Cpt. Phasma will look cool, partly because of parts I've been wanting:

• Reddish brown hands from Finn
  • New tan parts from Rey
  • Orange parts from Poe
  • Cape and hood(?) from Kylo

Here's waiting for pictures! :tongue:

Kylo Ren, as expected.

Phasma, eh? Hope she's unique enough from the Stormtrooper. Though I'll probably get 'em both, anyway.

Actually I would not mind a Jar Jar. :tongue: I could use the head for a really fun Gungan character.

Edited by TFGuy89

The Lineup sounds pretty good, we get Rey which means finally a proper female torso! (I hope so...)

Edited by Dosenbrot

I forgot to post on here, but i've known this for a good amount of time, I've heard very strong rumors on a Kylo Ren Ultra build for 2016. Those who want a perfect Rey, it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. :def_shrug: Those who want a female face for an ultrabuild, your'e out of luck.

Rey with her head gear, Finn will be just like Luke and look funny. Phasma and the storm trooper use the same mold so that saves Lego money. It'll be interesting to see Poe.

Told you guys this would happen. Rey will be having her mask.

Now the set list is already out for the 2016 Star Wars ultrabuild sets, but i have still has some question about the 2016 constraction sets.

1. What colour did Phasma's armor will been? The same colour like on Phasma's minifig counterpart or the Titanum Metalic?

2. Will there been a summer wave release of the Star Wars ultrabuild?

3. How Kylo's hood willl been handle?

Seeing them make a fabric hood piece would make the most sense if they're ever going to be doing more characters like Jedi from the previous films as they could get use out of the design in multiple sets/

Kylo Ren, as expected.

Phasma, eh? Hope she's unique enough from the Stormtrooper. Though I'll probably get 'em both, anyway.

My guess is that she's going to be similar to Obi Wan: fairly simple like the smaller figures (so no Vader/Grievous level build), but with added height, armour and a cape.

Same for Kylo Ren.

It would be, if the SW board's denizens weren't so adamant in their distaste towards the constraction figures.

I wonder if the general attitude has changed now that they are out. In hand reactions, at least from my experience, have seemed pretty positive. I still think it should be better to keep them here though, with people who are used to CCBS. If anything, they should include a link in the Star Wars forum linking to this topic.

I've read (not just here) a suprising amount of positive impressions about DV and Grievous from System-only fans, especially the latter. The smaller figures, meanwhile, have left most largerly unimpressed.

I wonder how they will make Rey's legs....

It will surely look bad, I know....

Edited by Kaanere

I wonder how they will make Rey's legs....

It will surely look bad, I know....

How so? Legs are far from the hardest part of a figure to make, and based on what I can tell from a quick Google search, she seems to have a cloth "skirt" that could help to obscure imperfections. The hardest part would be the fact that her bare shins are partly exposed, and that could be fixed by either lengthening either her boots or her leggings. And all of that's assuming there won't be any new parts (like this year's shin pieces) that could potentially provide a better resemblance.

Unless the good guys don't have a new mold on legs, they are going to look pretty terrible with the one we have now because they have jeans, pilotsuit and bare legs. It just... doesn't work. It somehow only on some degree works on Luke because the black helps to fade the textures and he has long boots, rest of the figures are supposed to already have calf armor.

Unless the designers make these based on some material not released to the public that takes place later on the film.