Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

Yeah, wouldn't want to use something with mechnical details on something organic. I mean, just look at the Bionicle pieces used on the Vikings sets from 2005, they stick out like a sore thumb painted gold.

Oh, yeah, nothing about these in the catalog other than a 'New buildable figures coming soon!' so I'm guessing we won't see anything for a while.

What if the new armour piece coming in 2016, the one that looks like Strakk's armour, is going to be used for a CCBS Chew set? I guess it could be mimicking fur quiet well.

...Or they could just use the Hero Factory/Chima fur add-on.

Yeah, wouldn't want to use something with mechnical details on something organic. I mean, just look at the Bionicle pieces used on the Vikings sets from 2005, they stick out like a sore thumb painted gold.

It's a bit hard to tell if that's sarcasm or not but I do think that they looked awful on the Vikings creatures. Some parts made some sense, like Bohrok arms which didn't have any mechanical detailing, but the Fenrir Wolf was an abomination.

But yeah, using the HF/Chima fur is a much more logical choice for a Chewy set. Although I would assume he would have hair details in his headsculpt which could look very disjointed with hair armor shells (and lets not forget the torso shell would be very odd if it were smooth)

He seems like a good choice for a big character, but I really don't think an entirely hairy being would be my first choice of something to translate to CCBS.

I would still be willing to bet that we will see C-3PO at some point. I know many have said he would be lacking in accessories because of a relatively simple build and no weapons- but what about spare limbs? I certainly wouldn't mind if we got a fully gold figure, and then got a silver leg and red arm to match his on-screen visual changes. Clearly scavenging parts is something he actively does being such an old Protocol droid, so I think it's as fitting of a feature as any.

It's a bit hard to tell if that's sarcasm or not but I do think that they looked awful on the Vikings creatures. Some parts made some sense, like Bohrok arms which didn't have any mechanical detailing, but the Fenrir Wolf was an abomination.

Which is funny, because Fenrir Wolf didn't even use Bionicle pieces.

The Fenris Wolf had an odd kind of charm. Ironically enough, I think it gave off the biomechanical vibe far better than any Bionicle set. Also, a fully gold C3PO with interchangeable limbs would be very nice.

...Or they could just use the Hero Factory/Chima fur add-on.

My worry about that is that the texture is just too "extreme" compared to, say, the hair on Luke and Obi-Wan, which is very subtly textured. I doubt the Chima fur piece would be all that convincing at all.

Of course, part of me worries that Chewbacca would just never get made in the first place. I mean, he's even bigger than Darth Vader, which forces his price point up, and to be honest I don't know if he's a popular enough character to justify a price point that high.

Also, a fully gold C3PO with interchangeable limbs would be very nice.

I doubt they will do that, mainly because the inclusion of interchangeable limb in a set will increase the price tag.

I doubt they will do that, mainly because the inclusion of interchangeable limb in a set will increase the price tag.

Or if you read my post, as I noted C3PO doesn't have any additional add-ONS like a backpack or weapon, interchangeable limbs would be the only way to put him into the standard pricing range as others.

We're not getting C3PO this wave, sorry guys. :sad:

Then, what we get at this wave? B1 Battle Droid?

Or if you read my post, as I noted C3PO doesn't have any additional add-ONS like a backpack or weapon, interchangeable limbs would be the only way to put him into the standard pricing range as others.

But what's the point of interchangeable limbs? I prefer to have C-3P0 has a custom torso build like Vader instead of interchangeable limbs.

Then, what we get at this wave? B1 Battle Droid?

But what's the point of interchangeable limbs? I prefer to have C-3P0 has a custom torso build like Vader instead of interchangeable limbs.

They're all gonna be based on TFA I presume. So, Kylo Ren, Phasma, maybe.

Why would he need a custom torso? He's not a large character, and his torso can easily be emulated with the torso shell piece. There are far more characters that could sensibly use a custom torso.

As for the interchangeable limbs, because that's one of the few things about him that actually makes him interesting as a character? Story wise, his silver leg was because his leg was blown off by a bomb and it was replaced wiht the only one they could find, and of course a comic is being made to explain how he has a new red arm in TFA. It's not like we are throwing them in there for no purpose, he is literally a decaying droid that is slowly replacing himself with mismatched parts. And while they could just release him with the red arm and silver leg and ignore his all-gold form, again, there is no way he would reasonably need a price tag higher than that of Cody/Jango/Luke.

Why would he need a custom torso? He's not a large character, and his torso can easily be emulated with the torso shell piece. There are far more characters that could sensibly use a custom torso.

As for the interchangeable limbs, because that's one of the few things about him that actually makes him interesting as a character? Story wise, his silver leg was because his leg was blown off by a bomb and it was replaced wiht the only one they could find, and of course a comic is being made to explain how he has a new red arm in TFA. It's not like we are throwing them in there for no purpose, he is literally a decaying droid that is slowly replacing himself with mismatched parts. And while they could just release him with the red arm and silver leg and ignore his all-gold form, again, there is no way he would reasonably need a price tag higher than that of Cody/Jango/Luke.

Yes, but the current torso shells and frame doesn't feel right on C-3P0. The Breakout torso shells can't have any printings on the abdomen section, the 2.0 torso shells are too muscle-ish for a skinny character like C-3P0. Plus, he's much more shorter than Luke that already released as a set, and this may cause him to have lacking in detailing. But however, the idea of interchangeable limbs has already grown on me and I'll see how well it can be executed.

Yes, but the current torso shells and frame doesn't feel right on C-3P0. The Breakout torso shells can't have any printings on the abdomen section, the 2.0 torso shells are too muscle-ish for a skinny character like C-3P0. Plus, he's much more shorter than Luke that already released as a set, and this may cause him to have lacking in detailing. But however, the idea of interchangeable limbs has already grown on me and I'll see how well it can be executed.

C-3PO shorter than Luke? If anything he's just a tad taller. I don't see why height would result in loss of detail regardless, HF and Bionicle have figures at plenty of sizes with fine detailing.

Looks like there'll be 6 Star Wars ultrabuild sets next year. I want to know what the sets looks like so badly right now.

This and their prices has been known for quite a while, there are no titans, all of them are of the regular size with some price differences, can't tell you what exactly, it got removed already last time.

Alright guys.

Kylo

Phasma

Stormtrooper

Rey

Finn

Poe

That's the lineup. :classic:

Awesome, thanks J2G. I wonder hat their big cartoony heads will look like.

Alright guys.

Kylo

Phasma

Stormtrooper

Rey

Finn

Poe

Interesting. Now I just hope that TLG will design Poe's, Rey's and Finn's head better than Luke Ultrabuild from this year.

Alright guys.

Kylo

Phasma

Stormtrooper

Rey

Finn

Poe

You made my day, J2G! Thanks :) Told you guys we'd see Kylo and Phasma! Those are definite purchases for me.

Now I'm just wondering how they'll make the Stormtrooper and Phasma unique from each other, besides color. Cloth piece for shoulder pauldron?

Edited by Puffle Pal26