Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

This looks really really awesome, I can't wait to see the rest. Especially the new Sith villian I want to see how lego makes the claymore style lightsaber!

it looks too much "robotic", legs especially, i mean human factor totally dismissed.. helmet is kind of cool though except those little respiration holes.. :wink:

it looks too much "robotic", legs especially, i mean human factor totally dismissed.. helmet is kind of cool though except those little respiration holes.. :wink:

I get what you mean and while I would like that the shells would look more filled in with bulkier bones, but it would allow for attaching the shell only from front and back, like in the old Bionicle sets. Because of the new system it's possible to attach the same shell from front, back and both sides.

Here's what I meant:

*snip*

Right connection but wrong piece unfortunately. It's actually this (the fact that the piece curves up as well as a down is a dead giveaway) :wink:

leg.png

Also, the slope you describe that's on the gun, I'm pretty sure it's this piece and not the curved slope you suggested :wink:

I will admit that I'm not sure if it' a 1x1 or 1x2 plate there, but given the ball joint collides with a 1x2 plate and results in an unstable connection, I'm inclined to think it's the 1x1 plate.

Maybe I'll try reverse-engineering the model in LDD.

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

2slow though I'm still unsure of the trigger and the mechanism behind it.

v4kwZYb.png?1

Right connection but wrong piece unfortunately. It's actually this (the fact that the piece curves up as well as a down is a dead giveaway) :wink:

leg.png

Also, the slope you describe that's on the gun, I'm pretty sure it's this piece and not the curved slope you suggested :wink:

I will admit that I'm not sure if it' a 1x1 or 1x2 plate there, but given the ball joint collides with a 1x2 plate and results in an unstable connection, I'm inclined to think it's the 1x1 plate.

Maybe I'll try reverse-engineering the model in LDD.

Oh, ok! That makes more sense. Not sure why I was thinking that slope.

2slow though I'm still unsure of the trigger and the mechanism behind it.

v4kwZYb.png?1

The 90 degree technic connector in the middle will swing up, which knocks the missile and shoots it.

What the f*ck! I'm only Technic orienting guy but this is something I want more than everything! So F'cking nice ;)

What the f*ck! I'm only Technic orienting guy but this is something I want more than everything! So F'cking nice ;)

Same goes for me !

According to an EB user, the next constraction figure wave (2016 jan) will be fully TFA based. I'm pretty sure one of them is Kylo which i'm gointo buy as fast as possible, and Phasma is possible too. If a Stormi will be released then a Resis Trooper should be against him. Right? I was wondering why we didn't hear or see any pic about Resistance Troopers.

According to an EB user, the next constraction figure wave (2016 jan) will be fully TFA based. I'm pretty sure one of them is Kylo which i'm gointo buy as fast as possible, and Phasma is possible too. If a Stormi will be released then a Resis Trooper should be against him. Right? I was wondering why we didn't hear or see any pic about Resistance Troopers.

Not a Star Wars expert but as I've seen it the new stormtroopper is the most teased across all media and has more iconic look because it's not an entirely new character. Not to say that they also revealed a bunch of other new-stormtroopper merchandise intentionally with other companies at the same time. It's a business thing. I'd guess we see one or two new models at SDCC and the rest at NY.

I'm honestly most interested in the idea of lightsaber crossguards in LEGO form. If those are two small pieces that attach to the sides of a main piece, I could see a lot of use for them as decorative spikes.

I'm honestly most interested in the idea of lightsaber crossguards in LEGO form. If those are two small pieces that attach to the sides of a main piece, I could see a lot of use for them as decorative spikes.

What sort of connector do you think that would use, out of curiosity? A part like this but with connections on all four sides would be pretty epic, I think. Though of course there are other solutions that wouldn't involve new parts.

What a great and reliable source.

Reliable? No. But it's certainly easy to predict thanks to the New-Stormie reveal that there will be other constraction sets for Force Awaken.

I think lewi's comment supposed to be sarcasm.

Guess it went over my head. I don't tolerate that kinda posts so much but it was me who fell for it so I guess I can't really blame him.

And just to get this thing back to rails.

Is it possible that they will reveal some of the new SW sets, constraction alike at SDCC?

TOV was right about the back of his legs. :grin:

Of course, I'm always right :tongue:

In all seriousness though, it looks like a pretty solid figure. Not sure what to think about that helmet now I've seen a real life shot of it.

Also, that's the only one that was shown? That's slightly disappointing, I was hoping to see some more :look:

Here's what I meant:

CuBM7dD.png?1

Surprised I haven't commented on this yet. Yet another show of how much good these SW figures are doing to CCBS. Integration with Technic has reached a fairly satisfying (while not yet perfect) point, System should be next logical step, especially since it flows with the smooth CCBS shells so well. I'm not asking for something on par with Brickthing's MOCs, but some bricks to fill out blank spaces would be cool.

Definitely hope to see more like this in future sets, bonkles included.

EDIT: Wrong quote lol.

Edited by Shakar

Also, that's the only one that was shown? That's slightly disappointing, I was hoping to see some more :look:

There are more pictures on the other Star Wars Constraction discussion thread.

Edit- Oh wait I realise what you mean, no that's the only 2016 we have pics of to my knowledge. It's Darth Vader, Luke and them on the other thread.

Edited by Mutant Orc