YellowCorvette

Lego themes that we would like to happen

Just now, Merlict said:

I just don't think 'realistic' sitcoms and dramas make very fun sets. There a lots of things like this on Lego Ideas, it really needs an iconic location like the Friends Central Perk to work

What better iconic location than the main setting itself of Degrassi high?

2 hours ago, pooda said:

Who wants to see a set based on Degrassi: The Next Generation? The one with the original characters like Jimmy, Paige, Marco, Spinner, etc. 

I'd prefer to see a set based on the spin-off, Degrassi: Deep Space Nine :grin:

Just now, Pdaitabird said:

I'd prefer to see a set based on the spin-off, Degrassi: Deep Space Nine :grin:

Each to their own. I think it could work for display purpose. 

I'd personally prefer anything Castle/Pirates/Space that's non-licensed.

But any other playtheme/buildings like Adventurers, Aquazone, Western etc would be welcome, or a return of the Creator Houses, Modular buildings are NOT the same.

32 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

But any other playtheme/buildings like Adventurers, Aquazone, Western etc would be welcome, or a return of the Creator Houses, Modular buildings are NOT the same.

I agree. Those are always welcomed. 

I’m a big fan of the new She-Ra series on Netflix. I’d love to see sets based on the locations and characters. Either traditional minifigs or minidolls would work.

i could see it as a successor to Elves-style sets, but mixing some techie styles with the magic locations.

8 minutes ago, MandyNeko said:

I’m a big fan of the new She-Ra series on Netflix. I’d love to see sets based on the locations and characters. Either traditional minifigs or minidolls would work.

i could see it as a successor to Elves-style sets, but mixing some techie styles with the magic locations.

That has potential! It could include fantasy structures, sci-fi structures and vehicles, and a wide variety of natural settings.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, MandyNeko said:

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Mattel retains the toy rights to the series just as they do for its parent series Masters of the Universe.

I also am not sure how well mini-dolls would work. Even as a fan of them, I have to admit that one of their greatest weaknesses is that they really only offer a couple different body types. I'm not sure it would do the series justice to have She-Ra be the same height and build as the shorter, more heavyset Glimmer. Minifigures' greater variety (with three standard leg lengths currently) and increased level of abstraction (with differences in body type usually printed on the figure rather than made explicit in their molding) would at least help to gloss over those disparities a bit.

22 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I also am not sure how well mini-dolls would work. Even as a fan of them, I have to admit that one of their greatest weaknesses is that they really only offer a couple different body types. I'm not sure it would do the series justice to have She-Ra be the same height and build as the shorter, more heavyset Glimmer.

That's a good point. I have the same misgiving about a hypothetical Steven Universe line.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:21 AM, Lyichir said:

I also am not sure how well mini-dolls would work. Even as a fan of them, I have to admit that one of their greatest weaknesses is that they really only offer a couple different body types. I'm not sure it would do the series justice to have She-Ra be the same height and build as the shorter, more heavyset Glimmer. Minifigures' greater variety (with three standard leg lengths currently) and increased level of abstraction (with differences in body type usually printed on the figure rather than made explicit in their molding) would at least help to gloss over those disparities a bit.

It would be cool if that line were a reason for some new minidoll molds. Still disappointed that little sis Sophie in Elves was as tall as everyone else. I’d love to see more diversely-built Friends.

Edited by MandyNeko

On 12/30/2019 at 1:39 PM, TeriXeri said:

Agreed, especially on the houses. We are overdue more family homes for minifigs. 

Now, this being an Olympic year, I would like to see some paralympians. You see, the Olympics are really just the warm up. The Paralympics are where it's really happening!

On 6/12/2015 at 1:32 PM, Phoxtane said:

Mobile Suit Gundam, for sure - although I think Megablocks may have the license. According to Amazon, you can get a couple of Megablocks-branded kits, though they seem to be in short supply and relatively expensive. There's also a couple of one-offs from other brick-building companies, like Nanoblock.

I second the mobile site suit gundam.... with erupting,  burning,  fingers.

The whole "Masters of the Universe" line (including He-Man and She-Ra) was created by (and last I checked is still owned by) Mattel. So LEGO sets for that are out of the question.

48 minutes ago, gyromuff said:

And now that we have 70676 Lloyd’s Titan Mech(which is basically a Gundam without a full head), we know that they could really knock a Gundam theme out of the park. I was so excited to get that set when I saw it because I instantly thought Gundam. 

16 hours ago, gyromuff said:

I'd favor more of a Twin Drive System myself...

I’d like to see a Ducktales theme. They’ve already made most of the characters in the CMF,  but they need some cool adventuring locales. Maybe a few like the video game featured: jungle temple, diamond mine, even the moon! Or some inspired by real places, like a South American temple, Egyptian pyramids, etc.

Edited by MandyNeko

9 hours ago, MandyNeko said:

I’d like to see a Ducktales theme. They’ve already made most of the characters in the CMF,  but they need some cool adventuring locales. Maybe a few like the video game featured: jungle temple, diamond mine, even the moon! Or some inspired by real places, like a South American temple, Egyptian pyramids, etc.

I´d definitly buy some of the figures on bricklink. Would be a great opportunity to get the Ducks with dual mouldet medium sized legs like they should have been in the beginnig.

City 16+ 

It would be in between City and Modulars, but they would be sold for reasonable prices. This version of Lego City would be for a TFOL age range and would focus more on town planning than vehicles - though vehicles would still be included and the characters would remain unnamed. 

I was initially going to call it Town Planners, but I figured that it would be better and cheaper to use a popular name that already exists. 

Railway Heroes - a spin off of Speed Champions. This would showcase real trains like Speed Champions does real cars. 

Now Lego has done real trains in the past. This would be a chance to bring those back or even bring new ones like an Amtrak or something like that. These would be geared towards older audiences though. Like 12+. 

Now that Lego have a thing with Nintendo I doubt this would happen, but I'd love it if they did some kind of line with Sony and their game developers. I'd be most interested in something related to Horizon Zero Dawn (preferably more than just "robot dinosaurs"), but other games like Uncharted, The Last of Us, and God of War would also make for some awesome adventure-oriented sets, along with games that would provide a very different feel (and could target a very different demographic) like the Spyro franchise. 

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Railway Heroes - a spin off of Speed Champions. This would showcase real trains like Speed Champions does real cars. 

Now Lego has done real trains in the past. This would be a chance to bring those back or even bring new ones like an Amtrak or something like that. These would be geared towards older audiences though. Like 12+. 

Love it! Plus, unlike speed champions, they might be able to get around licensing difficulties by producing historical models from well-known but now defunct railways. For example, a GNR single or a New York Central streamliner.