YellowCorvette

Lego themes that we would like to happen

Stargate! No competitor has the license to that yet; that would be a fantastic addition to the Lego Licensed Themes.

But it was picked up for Dimensions, which means that future sets are a possibility. I wouldn't mind that. Playing the Portal areas of Dimensions actually has me interested in playing the Portal games.

The Portal games are fantastic. They are pretty cheap on Steam!

Stargate is totally the wrong brand fit for LEGO.

Its got a lot of violence (some of it fairly graphic from memory).

Plus it has some themes that dont fit well with LEGO (like the whole slavery thing and possibly all that god worship)

Heck, the climax of the movie ends with the bad guy being blown up with a nuclear bomb.

And it would fall foul of the LEGO prohibition on making "modern military" stuff (the main characters in Stargate are military officers who wander around carrying assault rifles).

Even Indiana Jones doesn't have any "modern military" stuff (its all WW2 or soon-after-WW2 stuff)

1: A reboot of classic space.

2:A reboot of classic castle

3:Blade Runner/Blade runner style city sets

4:Retro futurist city sets

5:A realistic "pirates" theme ie. Napoleonic wars stuff wit large ships and LEGO finally putting Redcoats as marines and Bluecoats as navy on one ship (Grrr)

6: Dr. Who at least one set for each doctor based on an important episode

7. James bond or realistic spies (no ultra agents)

8.(Never going to happen) Red Dwarf

9: A theme with realistic castles and period buildings

10: Dad's Army, This could actually happen with the release of the new movie!

11.Star Trek

Columbus

Edited by Columbus019

I'd like to see a City Divers theme more focused in marine biodiversity than ships or submarines

Maybe each set could have an exclusive animal mold, like

Jellyfish

Squid

Sea Turtle

Whale

And the biggest set could be a huge coral reef :classic:

My apologies if this has allready been mentioned, but I'd like to see a Roman Empire theme.

Mainly because I missed out on the CMFs, but I think the architecture lends itself well for a Lego theme.

1: A reboot of classic space.

2: A reboot of classic castle

3: Blade Runner/Blade runner style city sets

4: Retro futurist city sets

5: A realistic "pirates" theme ie. Napoleonic wars stuff wit large ships and LEGO finally putting Redcoats as marines and Bluecoats as navy on one ship (Grrr)

6: Dr. Who at least one set for each doctor based on an important episode

7. James bond or realistic spies (no ultra agents)

8. (Never going to happen) Red Dwarf

9: A theme with realistic castles and period buildings

10: Dad's Army, This could actually happen with the release of the new movie!

11. Star Trek

1: as in 'the re-use of the CS logo and colour scheme for the theme', or like 'simple and diverse spacecraft, not attached to a story of any kind'?

2: I can't really see how this would look. A regular castle theme like Kingdoms, but with Falcons and Fright Knights? That'd be nice, imo. :classic:

10: Some time ago in this thread, I ranted that something like this could be a sub-catagory of Creator, with two sets a year in the €50+ range, for example.

3, 4: Once again, I don't quite get the concept, but I do think it would be nice to have regular (not modular) buildings that are more architecturally inspiring.

I'd like to see a City Divers theme more focused in marine biodiversity than ships or submarines

Maybe each set could have an exclusive animal mold, like

Jellyfish

Squid

Sea Turtle

Whale

And the biggest set could be a huge coral reef :classic:

I don't think it could be marketed as a whole theme, but a City Aquarium set could work, I think.

My apologies if this has allready been mentioned, but I'd like to see a Roman Empire theme.

Mainly because I missed out on the CMFs, but I think the architecture lends itself well for a Lego theme.

Haha, no you are certainly not the only one who said this! :wink: Romans and Greek mythology prove to be very popular here, but maybe it's too much of a risk to release a theme on this? It would be very nice to have a theme like that around.

I would say Steven Universe would make a fantastic licensed theme! There are lots of characters to make into minifigs and the Gem fusions and monsters would make great buildable sets.

I would say Steven Universe would make a fantastic licensed theme! There are lots of characters to make into minifigs and the Gem fusions and monsters would make great buildable sets.

Steven Universe is one of my favorite shows, but I don't know how well-suited it'd be for a full theme. There are plenty of monsters and things that would be interesting builds, but a large part of the series is also about celebrating the quaintness of Beach City and humans in general—far more mundane subject matter than you generally see in your typical licensed theme. Also, the amazing diversity of body types in the series might make figures difficult—I can't really picture a rail-thin character like Pearl as a short and stocky minifigure, and conversely, mini-dolls don't have enough variety for shorter or bulkier characters like Amethyst and Steven.

That said, brick-built characters could be a good candidate for an Ideas project, and Lego Dimensions might even offer an avenue to get minifigure characters!

I'd love to see a theme based on the CW DC Superheroes TV shows, especially a theme or at least a single set for the Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Even Arrow would be nice. Lego's already forayed into this universe with the LB3 and the Arrow DLC so I could imagine sets being a real possibility!

A Steampunk theme would be amazing. I would also like a revival of the monster fighters who came and went sadly shortly before I got back into Lego. So yeah, why not combine both. The league of the extraordinary Minifigs or something like that :wink:

Planet of The Apes

Beneath The Planet of The Apes

Escape From The Planet of The Apes

Conquest of The Planet of The Apes

Battle For The Planet of The Apes

Rise of The Planet of The Apes

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes

War of The Planet of The Apes (coming soon)

Would be fun. I would buy the sets, granted they looked good.

General retail themes i'd like to see:

Ancient Rome ! ( baffles my mind why we don't already have this )

Steampunk

Adventurers reboot

Paradisa reboot ( this is basically a Miami/summer theme )

Western reboot

Indiana Jones (to accompany new movie)

Fantastic Beasts (to accompany new movie)

POTC (to accompany new movie)

Kong: Skull Island (to accompany new movie)

Knights of the roundtable (to accompany new movie)

AFOL / 'exclusive' themes or sets i'd love to see:

Modular Castle

Modular gothic victorian house

Furniture theme ( some furniture with a minifig or two )

Mid-sized modular buildings

Castle theme (one amazing set per year ala modular buildings/winter village)

Anything ancient really

A classic car theme would really help. Being offside from Creator, it would be the perfect match to all who love to display big items.

Wont happen thanks to Harmony Gold but I would love a Macross line in LEGO. Those Valkyries and Zentradi mecha would be so cool with a mix of Bionicle parts and other sic-fi bits. Plus a massive in SDF-1 in LEGO form would be epic!

That being an impossible dream I would like Gainax's Aim for the Top (the first one) in LEGO as well. Having minifigs of that entire cast would be awesome.

And finally a Metroid line would rock. Every Samus ever in minifig form with those space ships and metroids would rock. Plus space pirates too! Ridley would be awesome!

A Samus constraction figure that could fold up into a maru mari would be amazing.

Probably can't happen due to K'nex having an existing license relationship with Nintendo, though.

I wonder right now if the success (at least in China) of the Warcraft movie will tempt TLG to get the license for it. I suspect though that they are still weary of the fail of their LOTR/Hobbit series and don't want to get into another medieval-fantasy adventure anytime soon. Also the success of the Nexo Knights speaks against that too.

Of course I would happily buy any decent medieval fantasy set, regardless the license. Issues like that can easily be MOCed away :wink:

Anyway, my speculation time is over for now.

Something along the lines of Paradisa that is not Friends/minidolls. :(

I would buy all the sets with horses, those were my dream.

And then, steampunk.

Something along the lines of Paradisa that is not Friends/minidolls. :(

I would buy all the sets with horses, those were my dream.

And then, steampunk.

Why not combine the two, get Kate Beaton onboard as a consultant, and call it... STEAMPINK.

Why not combine the two, get Kate Beaton onboard as a consultant, and call it... STEAMPINK.

No, that's the Friends steampunk subtheme... :laugh:

(from where my elves would commandeer all the airships)

Edited by Arlene

A Samus constraction figure that could fold up into a maru mari would be amazing.

Probably can't happen due to K'nex having an existing license relationship with Nintendo, though.

Aww Well what a downer >< Still a build able figure of Samus would be interesting.

I'm suggesting a subtheme: the World Rally Championship.

Speed Champions releases 8-10 cars per wave, so I reckon it's relatively easy to coddle up different rally cars from different years. LEGO can also dare to raise the price by a about $5 to introduce a wheel bearing that has bouncy suspension and new tire patterns, for added realism.

For singles sets, which come with two figures and alternate hubcaps:

1. Ford Fiesta RS WRC M-Sport (with tools)
  2. Toyota Yaris WRC (with timing board)
  3. Hyundai i20 WRC (with 2 spare wheels)
  4. Audi Sport Quattro S1 (with swappable front and rear bodywork)

For the bigger sets:

1. Citroen DS 3 WRC Team Hauler (one DS 3 WRC car, team big rig with furnishings, starting plinth, 8 figs)
  2. Volkswagen Polo R WRC Service Park (two cars, surroundings look like this, 10 figs)

Edited by XAxles