YellowCorvette

Lego themes that we would like to happen

- A hard fanstasy styled theme, like D&D, LotR, Elder Scrolls, WoW, etc. but not licensed.

Yes...

A non-battle based animal theme with Chima style heads, but more of a modern City theme with houses and families and... basically Fabuland mark 2 please.

YES...

Also, a new space theme that isn't Star Wars. That would be nice too.

YES!!!!!

I'd love to see the return of Neo-classic Space and fantasy, but a lot more elaborate and dark, instead of the campy stuff we get in the castle theme. Something like the Elder Scrolls.

It could never happen, but warhammer 40k. Space marines, orks, and titans. It would be glorious.

Edited by kalioon

Lord of the Rings Return of the King Theme.

Minas Morgul.

Minas Tirith.

The Witch King and Eowen Battle.

The Mumak.

Grond.

Battle packs for :-

The Rangers of Ithilien

The Gondorian Guards

The Swan Knights of Prince Imrahil.

The Rohirrim

Battle Trolls in Armour.

Mordor Uruk-hai.

Mordor Orcs.

Mordor Goblins.

The Southrons.

The Easterlings.

The Nurnians.

The Corsairs of Umbar.

I would also like a Steam Punk Space or fantasy Castle theme. Lots of wooden and metal looking steam powered vehicles.

Agreed. :laugh::thumbup:

We need space theme. Last was Galaxy Squad and I thought they would continue making new space themes every 2 years. Mars Mission was in 2009, Alien Conquest was in 2011, Galaxy Squad 2013 etc.

Western, too.

A Train theme with new locomotives, track sets, and individually purchasable cars. Also maybe some track sets similar to the Thomas The Tank Engine, where it'd come with a track layout with some features and a building.

I would love to see them bring back sports. :)

Yeah that would be cool! Sadly I was 5 years old at the end of sports so i was never able to have a set.

Anything historic for me!

I dont think there will be another pirates wave - western isnt likely anytime soon - hopefully the upcoming castle theme won't be a disappointment.

Besides that I would like to see a sherlock holmes theme - victorian London steam punk style :) ! anything jules verne would be awesome as well... but I guess thats not what the kids nowadays are into...

Ancient greece would be cool, too.

Bringing back the vikings would be awesome as well, as it can be nicely implemented into the castle theme.

Speaking of western, both the war of independence and the civil war would be awesome themes -

Generally I would want lego to create more animals (friends animals dont really do the job for me), like birds, tigers etc. AND BRING BACK THE MONKEYS!!!!

BRING BACK THE MONKEYS!!!!

did lego have monkeys? *oh2* Edited by THERIZE

It is surprising that they didn't have the monkeys in this year's pirates but I guess they didn't want to update the mold and no longer make animals without printed eyes. Monkeys last appeared in 2009:

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=2550c01#T=C

However they aren't so rare and expensive like goats so they're available to those who want them.

Back on top: ANCIENT ROME, and also civilian oriented medieval and space themes.

Yes, they have and still do. He probably meant the old monkeys with the moveable arms and legs. They came with some pirate sets. The current monkeys are stiff as a lump of ABS plastic. :classic:

15314147938_9c363cabe3_n.jpgField Trip to the Jungle Zoo by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Yeah, those monkeys are really awkward - I dont really like those friends animals in general, some of them might be OK, though.

I generally wish lego would provide a wider variety of lego animals - and use them more often in sets - I am looking forward to finally getting a proper set with some farm animals - hopefully they will re-release the medieval market village

I'd like to see some sort of City Vintage theme, with sets placed in the 20's, the 30's or even the 40's

Great idea. But if they ever do something like that it will probably be an action theme.

I generally wish lego would provide a wider variety of lego animals - and use them more often in sets - I am looking forward to finally getting a proper set with some farm animals - hopefully they will re-release the medieval market village

I want a LEGO goat. :laugh: They are so rare. I didn't even know goat mold existed until last year. Hopefully we'll get it if City farm subheme comes back.

Edited by Cagast

I'd like to see some sort of City Vintage theme, with sets placed in the 20's, the 30's or even the 40's

It already exists. It's called Creator Expert: Modular Buildings.

I would like to see kind of a Cryptid Hunters type of thing, like how they did the Dino Island in Adventerurs and like monster fighters but with Cryptids instead, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Mothman, etc.

I believe a car models theme could probably be its own line... The F40 and Mini Cooper sized models aimed at scale modelling.

It already exists. It's called Creator Expert: Modular Buildings.

But I'd like better a whole theme, with buildings, vehicles and minifigures with new hair/head pieces and outfits from those decades, like this:

42bdc2b04bba8a3d0878b3be9a350dda.jpg

b4a737ba14e3acbaf86a8cd57e0da8d5.jpg

Yes,the animals variety in Lego need to been expanded.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

yes,the animals variety in Lego need to been expanded.

Agreed. It's astonishing, for example, that even though moulded animals have existed since the 1980s, TLG has never done a minifig-scale moulded lion.

Themes/sets I'd really like to see (all of which have already been mentioned in this thread but that I would like to endorse):

• Greek mythology
  • D&D/fantasy
  • Star Trek
  • 'Missing' LotR sets especially the Balrog vs Gandalf, and Witch King & Fellbeast vs Eowyn.

I realise that many of these are extremely unlikely as the licence is unavailable (Star Trek) and/or owned by a TLG competitor (D&D).

I also doubt we'll see a Greek mythology theme anytime soon. The inclusion of Greek mythological monsters such as the medusa and cyclops in the CMF line makes me suspect that TLG considers that theme already covered.