YellowCorvette

Lego themes that we would like to happen

I'm actually really surprised that TLG hasn't taken up some sort of modern combat theme. Since most of the customiziation folks out there have already swooped in on that theme, maybe TLG thinks it will simply let them deal with the modern combat.

I would like to see mor historical themes:

- Ancient Rome

- Ancient Greece

- Medieva Ages (Castle, but more expanded)

- Industrial Age

- American Civil War

- Expanded LOTR Theme

- Perhaps a Van Helsing type of Steampunk

- More Superhero Themes (Suicide Squad, Daredevil, Arrow, etc.)

Tintin and Star Trek would be great licensed themes (although I'd worry that a Star Trek theme would overlook DS9).

As far as non-licensed themes go (and I'd much rather have new non-licensed themes than licensed ones), I'd love for Adventurers to return. There are many stock adventure situations that could still be explored, and a return of Johnny Thunder & co. would be great continuity (especially since he seems to be at least a kind of cult character--his appearance in the Lego Movie, the giant Johnny Thunder I saw at Legoland in 2011, and other appearances suggest that Lego hasn't forgotten about him).

I would really love to see some sort of Post-Apocalyptic LEGO theme, either it be Mad Max, Fallout, or even LEGO's own theme. There's lots of book and movies based on this theme and I would love to see it. Mad Max would be great because the movies were great, there is a video game, and there are plans for a new Mad Max movie too. Fallout would also be cool too because it's a bit wacky and it is great for overall sets. Fallout 4 is going to be a great hit in November, I can just tell, and I would really love to relive those old memories with LEGO's too.

Some may say this theme is pretty violent but so was Lord of the Rings. If LEGO can do a Castle theme, I don't see why they can't do this theme or even a Steampunk theme. I would still love that too. :thumbup:

It'd be interesting to see them bring back some sort of sports theme like the basketball or football (soccer) sets of the 90s (?)

I love tv series and cinema, so i would like to see more sets like Big bang theory, Ghostbusters, Wall-e, Doctor-who, Return to the future ecc...

I would really love to see some sort of Post-Apocalyptic LEGO theme, either it be Mad Max, Fallout, or even LEGO's own theme. There's lots of book and movies based on this theme and I would love to see it. Mad Max would be great because the movies were great, there is a video game, and there are plans for a new Mad Max movie too. Fallout would also be cool too because it's a bit wacky and it is great for overall sets. Fallout 4 is going to be a great hit in November, I can just tell, and I would really love to relive those old memories with LEGO's too.

Some may say this theme is pretty violent but so was Lord of the Rings. If LEGO can do a Castle theme, I don't see why they can't do this theme or even a Steampunk theme. I would still love that too. :thumbup:

I would love a Mad Max theme. Plenty of cool locations and vehicles to build, and some great minifigures. Sadly, I don't think they would ever touch the license.

Good idea,but if it actually happen,it may not sell well because of the high piece count that may cause the price been ridiculously expensive.The modular vehicles theme is already existed,called Speed Champions.

Thank you for your kind comment :classic: Yes the big sets will be very expensive,but it will be a non-licensed theme and I'm sure strong collectors(with big collections,who spend a lot of money in Lego bricks and sets) and of course the car lovers will buy these sets although I agree that the may not sell well.As for the modular vehicle theme,I mean a theme with reallistic and functional vehicles.In my opinion speed champions are toys for children,their sets are the least reallistic cars I've ever seen,I prefer diecast rather than them,except the ferrari truck and McLaren pitstop.They are also non functional...And I said that in the modular car theme,they will be idependant sets with side skirts,chrome packs,spoilers and other accessories that will be interchangable for all car(and other for trucks)set(that does not exist in the speed champions range) :wink: .

I'm with Wendy: it's time for a new Space theme, 100% Lego and not a license.

I'm with you and whoever Wendy is. Neo Classic Space all the way!

Neo Classic Space all the way!

Agreed. They got a good start on this with the Exo-Suit. Unfortunately, I don't think it sold very well, so the possibilities of a solid Neo-Classic Space theme may not be too good.

I love tv series and cinema, so i would like to see more sets like Big bang theory, Ghostbusters, Wall-e, Doctor-who, Return to the future ecc...

There is a lot of potential in these sets. I also want more trains.

How about a second sub-line, a mash-up of CMF and Speed Champions that revolves around MotoGP or World Superbike? Have them in CMF-sized blind bags, with one rider and one bike (with slicks, please, TLG, give us some proper slick tires) assemblies in one bag. Stickers, yes, but only for the bike body, so one can just choose not to apply them and have a stock Yamaha or Suzuki or Ducati or Aprilia or Honda superbike. Minifigs must be printed and come with separate hair pieces.

I'd love to see a KISS theme. It would have the full band, a stage and pyrotechnics, perhaps a cool tour bus. Maybe they'll bring them into Scooby Doo?

In my opinion speed champions are toys for children, their sets are the least reallistic cars I've ever seen. I prefer diecast rather than them, except the Ferrari truck and McLaren pitstop.

I don't have any problem with the design of the Speed Champions cars. You may think that the design of the Speed Champions cars are lackluster, but you need to know that AFOL like us are not the main target audience. I agree that some of the sets look very lackluster like the Mclaren P1, but some of the set like the Porsche 918 are beautiful design consider the limited parts palette. Speed Champions sets are mainly sold at children's and teenagers at 7-16 years old. You may think that TLC can just make a new bumper, new wing spoilers and new side skirts molds for every set, but the decisions for making new molds in every Speed Champion set will increase the costs and make the sets been too expensive for children's and teenagers at between 7 to 16 years old to buy.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I'm actually really surprised that TLG hasn't taken up some sort of modern combat theme. Since most of the customiziation folks out there have already swooped in on that theme, maybe TLG thinks it will simply let them deal with the modern combat.

I would like to see mor historical themes:

- Ancient Rome

- Ancient Greece

- Medieva Ages (Castle, but more expanded)

Hi !

Me too. I would like to see more historical themes.

Don't forget to add some Pirates (return of Islanders and return of the armada !) and why not some Aztec or Maya civ themes.

I think it would be great to have some Maya temple with some spanish treasure hunters who are trying to find the Eldorado, it could be an expansion of a Pirate armada revival.

But I don't think it would be possible as TLG never re released neither Islanders nor Armada. Does someone know why ? Did these themes sell well in the past ? I don't really know if it sell well because for me it seemed to work : I (made my parents...) bought a lot when I was a kid in the 90's :laugh: !

And I know if TLG re release some of those themes it would be an automatic buy for me !

Some antic sets could be great too, and obviously medieval or some castle expanded as you proposed. It would be great to find a place to put those CMF roman soldiers and centurion.

And please ! NO more licenced themes out of nowhere (squaresponge Bob, Simpson...) that are not in the spirit of Lego.

A minifig fairy tale, fable and 1001 Nights theme could be cool and would have a lot of inspirational sources to draw from, lots of stories involving some sort of conflict.

A minifig fairy tale, fable and 1001 Nights theme could be cool and would have a lot of inspirational sources to draw from, lots of stories involving some sort of conflict.

They could do something like a return to the Adventurers line, except this time going a little deeper into the folklore of the world.

I want an actual Doctor Who theme, not just an Ideas set. Fingers crossed this will happen like it did with Minecraft.

Here are my picks.

1. A futuristic, cyber-punk version of City. Think Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, etc.

2. A hard-fantasy theme similar to D&D. Mentioned by several others previously, it is a popular pick for a good reason. It wouldn't even have to be licensed either. Just bring back the AWESOME Fantasy Castle line from a few years ago. The Elves never got their due, and they could battle Lizardmen.

3. A good Steampunk theme. Yet another popular choice, it's never been done properly.

Disney Theme Parks. So much awesome potential for structures and vehicles...Come on, Disney and TLG, make it happen together!

I would like to see a Where's Wally theme (Waldo for the Americans) well not a theme, just a few minifigures because then he can wander around all my Lego and people can find him :-) :-) hours of fun!