YellowCorvette

Lego themes that we would like to happen

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not really a fan of such adult-oriented franchises coming under Lego's umbrella

I wasn't either at one point. But then I realized that these sets were targeted towards adults. Same with that Friends tv show set. If adult related themes like this can show us that Lego cares about its adult fanbase, I'm willing to adapt. :classic:

Edited by pooda

If LEGO ever does anything that's even vaguely connected to The Lion King, shut up and take my money please.

Just now, jonwil said:

If LEGO ever does anything that's even vaguely connected to The Lion King, shut up and take my money please.

That would epic if they did do something with The Lion King. Would it sell though is the question. 

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

If that were the case, it would probably be Duplo...

Another one I want to see real bad is a bus drivers ubtheme for City. I mean buses sell just as well as police sets cars, fire trucks, garbage trucks and ambulances. In this theme, the buses and the terminal are yellow and green. 

60281 Bus Terminal - This acts as the base set for the subtheme. Includes a yellow and green terminal building and a yellow and green 35 foot bus. 

60282 Cycle N Ride - This is basically a re-release of set number 60154 Bus Station. Thought I'd rename it "Cycle N Ride" since there wasn't really a station in there. Includes a bus stop and a yellow and green 40 feet bus. 

60283 Downtown Bus Ride - Includes the first ever articulated bus. Its yellow and green with a bendy piece in between it. 

60284 Shuttle Service - Includes green and yellow shuttle bus with a handicapped elderly man. 

17 hours ago, Lego David said:

If that were the case, it would probably be Duplo...

Duplo Lion King product would be the exception to the "shut up and take my money" thing.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, pooda said:

I wasn't either at one point. But then I realized that these sets were targeted towards adults. Same with that Friends tv show set. If adult related themes like this can show us that Lego cares about its adult fanbase, I'm willing to adapt. :classic:

Even then, they might still be great parts sets.

Just now, pooda said:

What do you mean, chap? :classic:

Useful for parts rather than display. Like there's a bunch of parts you might need for a MOC in that set and instead of showcasing the official set, you divide it up into the bins (of organization or not) and use the pieces for whatever you want.

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

Useful for parts rather than display. Like there's a bunch of parts you might need for a MOC in that set and instead of showcasing the official set, you divide it up into the bins (of organization or not) and use the pieces for whatever you want.

Ah. But you're not against adult themes either Lego, are you? 

Edited by pooda

7 hours ago, pooda said:

Even then, they might still be great parts sets.

Not really... most of those types of themes we had so far were made out of pretty generic parts that weren't all that useful...

Just now, Lego David said:

Not really... most of those types of themes we had so far were made out of pretty generic parts that weren't all that useful...

Generic parts are always useful, my friend! :wink:

If they had a (non-boring) history theme with all under $30 sets featuring 3 to 4 unique minifigures each, I would buy everyone. Every Last One. Roman Soldiers, Cavemen, Samurai, Egyptian, Conquistadors. This is a no-brainer.

12 hours ago, pooda said:

Ah. But you're not against adult themes either Lego, are you? 

No, as long as we don't get full blown themes of Friends, Big Bang Theory, etc. One and done sets (even two) ar eperfectly fine in my opinion, but I don't think LEGO should stretch itself too thin over licenses if possible.

Just now, KotZ said:

No, as long as we don't get full blown themes of Friends, Big Bang Theory, etc. One and done sets (even two) ar eperfectly fine in my opinion, but I don't think LEGO should stretch itself too thin over licenses if possible.

That would be a smart idea. I did at one point recommend that Lego should stick to generic content. But then I realized how dumb that sounded. I wish Eurobricks allowed us to delete our comments. 

The theme that we need is anything NOT high concept. Just bring back a normal theme that lets the consumer fill in the blanks. Anything that's castle, space, monster, Egyptian, Roman, pirates would be great.

We need a new constraction theme. Something new and interesting, like Bionicle was at it's beginning. Or just reboot Slizer.

With the Bobs Burgers movie coming out next year and the show being in season 10. Now is the time.  My family would buy every set made.  

Also, 2 Dune movies and a live action TV show are on the way.  Just take my money.

Edited by lego the hutt

2 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

With the Bobs Burgers movie coming out next year and the show being in season 10. Now is the time.  My family would buy every set made.  

This would be the time when Lego should take advantage of that. 

Who wants to see a set based on Degrassi: The Next Generation? The one with the original characters like Jimmy, Paige, Marco, Spinner, etc. 

On 9/24/2019 at 8:47 AM, lego the hutt said:

With the Bobs Burgers movie coming out next year and the show being in season 10

I'm not against it but it would really all fit into one set. Apart from the burger store and the main cast there isn't enough for a whole range

1 hour ago, pooda said:

Who wants to see a set based on Degrassi: The Next Generation?

Can't think of anything I'd like less tbh lol

4 minutes ago, pooda said:

Bad idea, huh? 

I just don't think 'realistic' sitcoms and dramas make very fun sets. There a lots of things like this on Lego Ideas, it really needs an iconic location like the Friends Central Perk to work