YellowCorvette

Lego themes that we would like to happen

I believe someone else already has the license for World of Warcraft construction toys.

Since you mentioned Elder Scrolls (which would be awesome to see btw) I will bring up another never-gonna-happen license idea. Fallout.

Its far too violent for TLG but hey, a guy can dream (and maybe someone like BrickArms could do some Fallout stuff :)

This wouldn't be exactly a new lego theme, but I would like LEGO to produce more advent calendars than just Friends, City and SW

What about a classic space advent calendar? Or classic castle or classic pirates?

They could release one of those per year in 3-year cycles.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This wouldn't be exactly a new lego theme, but I would like LEGO to produce more advent calendars than just Friends, City and SW

What about a classic space advent calendar? Or classic castle or classic pirates?

Not sure just how well those would work. I can think of a few disadvantages those would have compared to sets based on current themes… they wouldn't be able to reuse parts and figures from other current sets as easily, and they wouldn't tie in with themes that kids already follow and collect. Mind you, there HAVE been Castle and Pirates chess sets in the past, but only based on the then-current incarnations of those themes.

However, it could be interesting to see advent calendars based on other current popular themes like Ninjago. Put Sensei Wu in a Santa suit and a red conical hat, and BAM! Santa Wu!

On 1/8/2017 at 7:11 AM, Robert8 said:

This could be really nice.

On 6/11/2015 at 9:43 AM, Blondie-Wan said:

I'm sure that would be neat, but there's essentially zero chance of it happening. Transformers is not just an entertainment property that happens to have toys, but a toy brand first and foremost, and it's owned by one of LEGO's top competitors (and one which has its own line of LEGO-like construction toys, at that). For LEGO to license Transformers from Hasbro would be like Volkswagen getting a license from Ford to make Mustangs. Neither company is interested in such a thing.

Since Hasbro owns both Transformers and Kre-O (their own line of LEGO-like construction sets), they can (and do) make Transformers Kre-O sets already. They have no interest in giving up their own rights to make their own construction toys from one of their other most popular properties in order to let their biggest competitor have the rights instead. And LEGO doesn't want to have a theme that promotes the products of one of its own major competitors.

Kre-O may have Transformer sets out, but if Lego did transformers they'd be better 'cuz while Kre-o transformers just rebuild into robots, Lego could actually create a vehicle that transforms into a robot. However you are exactly right in the fact that Lego cannot make transformers because they are owned by Hasbro, so I guess we'll just have to keep making good MOCs.

But how is Creator set #31007 not a rip-off of the Transformers G1 Springer!?

I don't know if this could be its own theme but I'd love something between the Architecture and the Landmark series. Like, make 150$ - 200$ priced buildings like the Emprie State, the Chrysler, the One World Trade Center, etc. Something that'll come out more often than Landmarks but that will be more eye-catching, more detailed and bigger than the Architecture sets.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:02 PM, Terrasher said:

I don't know if this could be its own theme but I'd love something between the Architecture and the Landmark series. Like, make 150$ - 200$ priced buildings like the Emprie State, the Chrysler, the One World Trade Center, etc. Something that'll come out more often than Landmarks but that will be more eye-catching, more detailed and bigger than the Architecture sets.

I think that is a fantastic idea.  The recent city Architecture sets are a bit tame for me. 

I've mentioned this in the action theme ideas thread, but I would like to see an aviator centric Adventures reboot theme inspired after the dieselpunk and sky-fi genres.

The name is Bond, Brick Bond...imagine the Austin Martin, the bond girls, a Jaws minifig...endless

On 9/18/2016 at 10:26 AM, Csc167 said:

I just got back from Disney and the animal kingdom park got me thinking about a safari series. You could have rangers protecting species from poachers and get a lot of sweet new animal molds

I know I'm quoting an older post here, but this person was close...  While its not exactly what he/she described and hoped for, the new City Jungle theme is the same basic idea.  Hopefully a future City Jungle set brings back the great elephant from the Orient Expedition series.  

On 11.11.2016 at 11:33 PM, ZlatanXVIGustaf said:

I would like a longlasting castle theme (3-4 years) with more than two factions.

That would be more than enough.

Personally, i have given up on hoping for a decent non licensed castle/fantasy theme again. So a standard Castle theme that doesn't consist of the typical sets and the usual conflict between two factions, would be more than enough for me.

On the other side, how about a collaboration between Lego and Bethesta to have a Elder Scrolls theme?

Two things I'd like to see. One is a civilian future theme - flying cars, space tourism etc.

The second is an adults-oriented line of some sort that would let them do sets like the original Shaun of the Dead set from early in Lego Cuusoo/Ideas, or Firefly, etc. Just an acknowledgement that we're out there and we have money!

57 minutes ago, Commander Turtle said:

Two things I'd like to see. One is a civilian future theme - flying cars, space tourism etc.

The second is an adults-oriented line of some sort that would let them do sets like the original Shaun of the Dead set from early in Lego Cuusoo/Ideas, or Firefly, etc. Just an acknowledgement that we're out there and we have money!

That would be great!

Though this is more of a reboot request as opposed to a new theme request, I really think Lego should bring back the Racers theme.

Speed Champions is great, but the course it has set is a theme composed of six wide, minifigure scale licensed sports cars. This is something that has not been seen in a theme before, but being such a specific theme limits its evergreeness, something that Racers did not have a problem with, since it had many subthemes to keep the theme fresh if one subtheme maybe didn't fly.

Racers had the 4 wide Tiny Turbos subtheme, the outdoor RC subtheme, the air propelled Power Racers subtheme, the Ferrari and Lamborghini subthemes, the RC subtheme, and others which illustrate the broadness of the theme. 

Now many of the original subthemes I'm not really fond of, but conceptually so much can be done with a revamped Racers theme, such as...

1. A Mario Kart like subtheme composed of $20 great vehicle sets featuring one minifigure and their characterized race vehicle, made up of original characters or licensed and non- licensed characters from current and past themes. This perhaps could be sold with a accompanying TT Games Racers 3 sequel resembling Mario Kart.

2. An annual expert series subtheme of various current model licensed sport cars, since so far, many of the Creator Expert series cars we've seen are based on classic models.

3. A new 4 wide car subtheme as entry level priced sets sitting around the $5-$7 price range. I would hope though that this successor would not feature is many stickers.

4. A new RC subtheme, which perhaps may utilize current PF motors and units, but maybe we could hope introduce new PF RC units.

Please add any ideas for other possible subthemes or suggestions regarding the opinions presented here!

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I would appreciate anything related to some serious fantasy and castles. The legend of zelda could be a great thing for lego as its got many fans and lots of stuff that could be turned into lego sets.

The current elf in the cmf line reminds me of princess zelda.

Edited by Brick-of-the-Wild

30 minutes ago, Brick-of-the-Wild said:

The legend of zelda could be a great thing for lego as its got many fans and lots of stuff that could be turned into lego sets.

I can't emphasize enough how true this is.

On 11/19/2016 at 7:27 AM, Crazy Packers Fan said:

I'd like to see a "Stadiums" theme. Famous sports stadiums from around the world, not just the USA, though the USA would have the most to choose from. The question is, what size? More likely would be an Architecture size, but I'd like to see some around the scale of the Tower Bridge set. Obviously not minifigure scale, that's impossible. But such a theme would hook both AFOLs and kids alike.

A big obstacle would be licensing - not just that LEGO would need a license, but also that most American sports are licensed by a company called Oyo. I know it's blasphemous, but I own a few of the Oyo toys, and while I appreciate the effort put into them, I think the difference in quality is rather obvious.

Now, if I could make a list of stadiums I'd like to see LEGO tackle, here's what I'd go with:

• Rose Bowl (Pasadena, CA, USA)
  • Wembley Stadium (London, England)
  • Beijing National Stadium "Bird's Nest" (Beijing, China)
  • Wrigley Field (Chicago, IL, USA)
  • Fenway Park (Boston, MA, USA)

Shocked to not see Lambeau first on your list... But that would be something cool for the Architecture line to get. I don't think other scales would make them doable, in respect to detail & price. 

With all the different places City has been going lately (Swamp, Arctic, Deep Ocean, Outer Space, Jungle, Forrest, Volcano etc) I would love to see City head to the Australian outback. Kangaroos. Camels. Caves full of cave paintings. Desert landscapes. So much potential here IMO.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

With all the different places City has been going lately (Swamp, Arctic, Deep Ocean, Outer Space, Jungle, Forrest, Volcano etc) I would love to see City head to the Australian outback. Kangaroos. Camels. Caves full of cave paintings. Desert landscapes. So much potential here IMO.

I'd be interested in that, if only for the kangaroos!

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Well, Town did have a Outback theme composed of 5 sets back in 1997, though they weren't at all anything really exciting.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Town/subtheme-Outback

But yes, Outback could be a potential City exploration subtheme in the near future, and along with kangaroos, we could get a nice koala mold also.

11 hours ago, jonwil said:

Sign me up! :grin:

On 4/6/2017 at 0:21 AM, jonwil said:

Camels in Australia? Really? That's a new one for me.

7 hours ago, AntiKragle said:

Camels in Australia? Really? That's a new one for me.

Did you know there is a theory that camels developed in the Arctic region of North America. (I believe they found camel fossils on North America to support the theory.) So camels being in Australia is not the strangest thing. And I guess someone could of imported camels to Australia. 

Camels came into Australia alongside Afghan Cameleers (and those from other countries) in the mid 1800s in the hope they would be useful as a mode of transport in the great inland desert of the country and are now considered a pest in some parts of the outback.

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Camels came into Australia alongside Afghan Cameleers (and those from other countries) in the mid 1800s in the hope they would be useful as a mode of transport in the great inland desert of the country and are now considered a pest in some parts of the outback.

Wow, thanks! - it's great to acquire new non-Lego related knowledge. It may help my pub quiz performances.