YellowCorvette

Lego themes that we would like to happen

Some sort of museum theme would be nice. The architecture would appeal to AFOLs, modular dinosaur skeletons and reconstructions (to save on the number of new molds) would appeal to everyone. A small baseplate, a few walls and maybe a roof would cost about $10 or $20 in the case of really big sets, which would mean a lot of money left over for the actual items displayed inside. Also Rock Raiders 2.0.

Edited by DraikNova

As far as animals are concerned I would really appreciate a variety of farm animals! and common animals like rabbits, foxes etc.

they would really come in handy for all kinds of mocs... other animals are welcome as well :)

But I'd like better a whole theme, with buildings, vehicles and minifigures with new hair/head pieces and outfits from those decades, like this:

The fire truck you quoted was included in set 10197. The Palace Cinema included a vehicle from the period too.

I want a library or bookstore! And I know they have a deal with Disney so this might not work, but I think my stepson would go nuts if they did anything Minions.

While I'm interested in a lot of the ideas that people have already proposed - Wild West, Mythological, Wildlife Park (rather than Zoo) in particular - I love the idea of a school/college theme. You could have some interesting sets - not just classrooms, but a library, a gym/sports event, school mascot (for a small box or polybag), school bus, school parade float, day trip/field trip sets, all sorts of things. The truth, though, is that I'm not certain whether it would appeal to children, and it would have to, of course, for TLG to produce it. Another theme that would be interesting is a modern archaeological theme, which could incorporate a couple of elements from the school/college them, such as a library. Sets could include a museum, a few different digs, of course, as well as some Greek/Roman ruins, or maybe Mesoamerican (which would allow for some jungle bits too). Because TLG love producing vehicles, you could have a couple of different off-road vehicles, a recovery vehicle, heavy vehicles for digging and so on, and of course lots of different minifigs, and maybe some animals too (or dinosaur bones, as somebody has already suggested). I'd buy everything in a theme like that! (for my son, of course....)

I have been playing a lot of Destiny lately and I think that game would make for a decent Lego theme. Destiny is already pretty similar to Halo, which Mega Bloks unfortunately has the license for, so it would be a good alternative for Lego to snatch up.

Lego already has several molds that would work for the different races in Destiny too with just some slight modifications, like the Vex using the SW Battle Droid bodies, the 4-armed Fallen possibly using Lord Garmadon piece, etc.

There are tons of ships and locations that could be used as well. For instance the Sparrow would make for a great $9.99-12.99 set and include a Warlock, Hunter, or Titan guardian with a few Hive. The jump ship would be a good $24.99-29.99 set, a walker or tank around 50, drop ships around 80-100, etc. Of course there are tons of iconic locations as well that could be done.

I've always wanted a large, modular Zoo sub theme for Lego City, it would appeal to a wide variety of fans of all ages, it has the collectibility of the animals, not to mention a large number of exclusive molds, a lot of sets would have a nice amount of landscaping pieces, some nice minifigs of staff and tourists too. We've already got a lot of different molds covered but there is still quite a few we need, the only problem I see is that the new molds, which would be a lot, would make doing these sets really expensive for TLG, but would it be worth it? I can think of dozens of different sets that Lego could do over the course of 2-3 years, to name a few you have the basics, Entrance, Cafe, Gift Shop, Tour Bus, then you've got the large animal enclosures, smaller enclosures for birds, mammals, reptiles, insects, etc, there could be a side line aquarium with water shows, look at all the animals Lego has made and then look at how many more they could do, dozens and dozens, with the 3D printers they have it probably isn't as expensive as it use to be, but still is entirely possible.

A modular zoo could be pretty great if they did it right. 8x16 modules for smaller aquariums/terrariums, with things like fish, spiders, and snakes, 16x16 for medium sized cages, for larger animals, and then a few 32x2 ones for BIG animals, like elephants or bears, and a entrance way with ticket booths and a gift shop.

We've already got a lot of different molds covered but there is still quite a few we need

Yup, we have alligators, bears, camels, ostriches, chickens, frogs, snakes, horses, pigs, cows, rats, monkeys, sharks (a few kind), and husky dogs that could easily serve as wolves(?), just to name a few. Of course there are more, like elephants, but I think some like those would require new molds as the old ones are getting pretty out dated by now. I know some other companies like Playmobile use to have zoo themed sets and I used to love them as a kid. I really wish Lego would do the same.

I think kids would eat them up for the animals alone, but adults could get a lot of use out of them as well. Imagine the farm part of a zoo having tons of farm animals. It would be great for people wanting more animals, people wanting to have official farms, even Lego history fans wanting to MOC something medieval and using it as a base. Lego wouldn't even need that many new molds if they were smart about it. Their existing horses could serve as Zebras, the husky dogs might work as wolves, etc. About the only new molds I think they would really need are something for lions (with a mane) or tigers, giraffes, and a new elephant one? Other than that it seems they already have most of the big zoo attractions covered.

I do think Lego is missing a trick here, they've already done plenty of duplo animals, they've done deer, duck, giraffe, hippo, leopard, lion, orca whale, panda, panther, penguin, seal, sheep, tiger, turtle and zebra. I also thought about another kind of wildlife line which would have most of these animals but in wild settings rather than a zoo, you could have a team of documenters & researchers filming a pack of wolves in the woods or a group of penguins in the Antarctic, this could cover most of the world, travelling across the African savanna with a safari kind of vibe, to the outback of Australia, to the Siberian tundra, etc. To add to duplo's list what I'd like to see in Lego, anaconda, antelope, ant eater, armadillo, birds of paradise, capuchin, cassowary, chimpanzee, coyote, eagle, flamingo, fox, gazelle, gorilla, honey badger, hyena, kangaroo, kiwi, koala, komodo dragon, lemur, llama, different lizards, meerkat, moose, orangutan, peacock, pelican, porcupine, rattlesnake, red panda, reindeer, rhino, tarantula, toucan, turtle & tortoise, vulture & warthog/boar, leaving some more obscure animals that kids probably wouldn't know about out.

That's what I was thinking, CptMugWash - more like animal parks/safari parks than a zoo. It would offer up more possibilities for sets, as you point out - particularly your idea of animal researchers in the wild. As for what we will actually get in 2016 - who knows?

It would be nice for people seeking landscape parts if they just had a line of wildlife sets where it was an animal, perhaps a group/family, on some kind of landscaped base.

E.g.

- 3 monkeys in the upper part of a tree.

- a tiger in a small jungle build, perhaps with a bit of a stream and some bamboo.

- a zebra on some grassland.

- a hippo in a swamp.

These wouldn't have to be huge sets. I'd try and make the terrain more realisitc builds, NOT like the Friends jungle rescue stuff, no story or play features even except what kids normally do with animal toys.

It would be nice for people seeking landscape parts if they just had a line of wildlife sets where it was an animal, perhaps a group/family, on some kind of landscaped base.

E.g.

- 3 monkeys in the upper part of a tree.

- a tiger in a small jungle build, perhaps with a bit of a stream and some bamboo.

- a zebra on some grassland.

- a hippo in a swamp.

These wouldn't have to be huge sets. I'd try and make the terrain more realisitc builds, NOT like the Friends jungle rescue stuff, no story or play features even except what kids normally do with animal toys.

Exactly! Lego should put animals into affordable sets that you can buy multiples if you need a specific type of animal. Actually they should bring out animals with every suitable theme!

What classic themes I would like to see revived:

Adventurers, Exo Force

What license I would love to see in Lego that is never going to happen:

James Bond, Mass Effect

What new theme I would love to see:

Space (size and quality like SW ships), History (Romans, Greeks etc.)

I don't think we've ever gotten a really good steampunk theme, and the unique construction associated with that theme could open up a lot of possibilities. Some new bricks and molds could be introduced and other new minifigure parts. An overarching history release of sets would be awesome; going from Napleon-era engagements to Roman encounters. Lots of potential.

In terms of rebooting themes, i'd love to see a redo of classic Blacktron and an updated western series.

Steampunk, Greek/Roman Mythology, a new Wild West theme, a new Space theme...

I'd also like to see a non-LOTR style fantasy theme with elves and dwarves... Kind of like Elder Scrolls in the sense that there's a large number of races.

Maybe a Mage theme with multiple kinds of spellcasters (Wizards, Sorcerers, Necromancers, Elementalists, Illusionists, Shamans)?

I just hope there are more new themes that aren't licensed. I'm someone who prefers my human figures to be yellow as opposed to flesh tones...

I like the idea of new animals. I also want new musical instruments :P

Yes, Mass Effect!

I'd like Macross but a good transforming plane is difficult when it is based on a specific license. Too obscure a license too for most of the world.

How about Elder Scrolls?

Wouldnt this be the perfect castle line?

An endless amount of lore, minifigs, creatures, buildings and locations?

How about Elder Scrolls?

Wouldnt this be the perfect castle line?

An endless amount of lore, minifigs, creatures, buildings and locations?

Yeah, and there'd be a play feature where you put a bucket over everyone's head so you could steal everything without getting caught!

Fallout would make an epic theme. Come on, who here would say no to a theme based on the best post-apoc/sci-fi RPG series of all time?

Fallout would make an epic theme. Come on, who here would say no to a theme based on the best post-apoc/sci-fi RPG series of all time?

Would be cool! but is as unlikely to happen as elder scrolls :)

besides, I think the atmosphere of the game is rather grimm and the humour rather dark - so the lego group wont bother... :)