Sign in to follow this  
Corvus

The Great Jelly Alien Spoof Contest!

Hello, all!

Having been inspired by Hinckley's whack-a-fig contest and Yoda's kill Jar-Jar contest, and now I have something that seems to be both of these together, chucked in Sinner's bucket, shaken, and spat back out, making this:

The Great Jelly Alien Spoof Contest!

Also featuring whack-an-alien!

First, the main point of this thread, the spoof:

The idea of this contest is to make a scene in one of your favorite movies(or least favorite, or in between...) and make it into an eight-by-eight vig, using Mar's Mission's very own infamous Jelly Aliens. Here's an example:

the_great_jelly_alien_spoof_contest_019.jpg

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!!-Spaceballs

Now, the whacking section:

The idea of this is just like *yoda*'s contest, with a few changes. You will use your own sig-fig to stab, impale, or otherwise whack a Mar's Mission alien on an eight-by-eight stud vig. Here's my take:

the_great_jelly_alien_spoof_contest_015.jpg

Got it? Here are the rules:

-Members may have one Spoof entry, and one Whack entry. Only one of each. or, you can do just the spoof or just the whacking, whatever you prefer!

-when doing a spoof, make sure to mention a quote from the movie, and the movie you are spoofing!

-vigs must be built on a eight-by-eight base.

-no non-lego support, such as holding a part of the vig, or string

-vigs must be lego only, except in a sig-fig

-no brick alteration, except in sig-figs

-Deadline: Deadline changed! Oct. 3rd!

-Prize: Fame & Glory, and fabulous titles (two, for the winners of the 2 divisions) that I will send to an admin!

Have fun! If you like the aliens, that's fine, you can do a spoof! ;-) Also, be sure to comment on your entry, and make a story if you wish!

This topic is COMMENTS ONLY! I WILL MAKE AN ENTRIES TOPIC SOON!

Also, if someone could pin this? ;-)

EDIT: Here is the link to the entry thread: link

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

Great idea! :-D :-D :-D This should be fun. However, now I need to buy one of those crappy sets to get some jelly aliens if I want to join. :-/ Don't attack me! It's only my opinion!

Anyway, I am a little confused. :-$ Sorry. Does each entry have to have two vigs to be eligible or can we just enter one category? Perhaps you should split the contests and do the spoof now and the whack later...

Now, the whacking section:

The idea of this is just like *yoda*'s contest, with a few changes. You will use your own sig-fig to stab, impale, or otherwise whack a Mar's Mission alien on an eight-by-eight stud vig. Here's my take:

*yoda* 's contest? That was my contest! >:-(

just kidding. no big deal :-D :-D :-D >:-(

btw, are the two jewels on the ground because he was spanked so hard? :-X :-D :-D :-D

Hehe I have an idea using Jellies also but different from this one

Look for it during the Fall!! ;-)

Can't wait to enter this one MM!! *sweet*

Piranha

Great idea! :-D :-D :-D This should be fun. However, now I need to buy one of those crappy sets to get some jelly aliens if I want to join. :-/ Don't attack me! It's only my opinion!

Anyway, I am a little confused. :-$ Sorry. Does each entry have to have two vigs to be eligible or can we just enter one category? Perhaps you should split the contests and do the spoof now and the whack later...

*yoda* 's contest? That was my contest! >:-(

I meant it in the "kill Jar-Jar" sort of way, maybe I should have made it "Kill Jelly"

You can do one entry in each. So, you could do the two entries, one for each, or just one. you pick!

btw, are the two jewels on the ground because he was spanked so hard? :-X :-D :-D :-D

X-O I forgot to put the story in! NO!!! He was bending down to examine the jewel (those guys are suckers for anything yellow and shiny!) and I snuck up and got the 'im! Classic (maybe a bit too literal, as that is actually a plank of wood) slapstick comedy! ;-)

Glad you clarified, that second pic made me think you'd whacked his jewels off ... 8-

No, the movie scene and the whack can be completely different.

No, the whack doesn't have to be from a movie.

Naw, no bonus points. I'll have everyone vote on this. How, I'm not sure, as I can't make polls. Whoops, I forgot to ask someone to make a poll for me later! X-O

At least one jelly in the spoof. I put headgear on mine to make them different. I think they look funnier that way. ;-)

Hope that helped!

Glad you clarified, that second pic made me think you'd whacked his jewels off ... 8-

Hater and a Haole

Figures..............

Attack not so innocent person ON!!!

:-P :-D

I have plenty of Aliens to be whacked >:-)

Now to think of the most violent peaceful way to whack one or them........

Piranha

Edited by Piranha

I should be in this one... if I can think of a good idea. 8-|

What I did was buy 7695 just so I had a copy of both figures. (Aside from that I really want 7699. *wub*)

Anyone mind loaning me a Jellie so I can participate? :P

dont worry about that all i'm going to do is buy the smallest mars set (which is only

Well, it looks like this is going to be a great contest! 8-

I'll enter that one hehe !!

And I'll do a whacking vig with a spoof quote :-D 2 in 1 so to speak !! Minimum wage On !!

And topic pinned !!

*yoda*

I'll have everyone vote on this. How, I'm not sure, as I can't make polls. Whoops, I forgot to ask someone to make a poll for me later! X-O

No probs at all, I'll make it for you ;-)

We'll see the entries first and then decide on what to do accordingly, but I got you covered for the poll ;-)

And mine will be a weird one to categorize !!

Imagine this: a great quote from movie A, a kind of setting and idea from movie B + a severe killing/whacking at the same time X-D

So I'm not sure if that vig would fit the requirements of that spoof entry ? I wanted a entry fitting all hehe

*yoda*

No probs at all, I'll make it for you ;-)

We'll see the entries first and then decide on what to do accordingly, but I got you covered for the poll ;-)

And mine will be a weird one to categorize !!

Imagine this: a great quote from movie A, a kind of setting and idea from movie B + a severe killing/whacking at the same time X-D

So I'm not sure if that vig would fit the requirements of that spoof entry ? I wanted a entry fitting all hehe

*yoda*

I supppose that'll work... It'll be interesting at least!

I owe you a double thank you- For pinning the topic and *eventually* making the poll!

Also, don't worry, the entry thread will come very soon- I haven't been able to make it yet because I was busy. |-/

This is an awesome idea for a contest! *y* *y* *y* I made my spoof, which I'll post tomarrow, but I'm still having builder's block about the whacking. Oh well, I'll think of something.

And Mr. M., in the first post 'May the Shwartz be with you', Shwartz should be spelled "Schwartz" just so you know. (I'd know, 'cause its my last name! :-D ;-) )

Edited by SirNadroj

D'oh! Of course! I thought it was spelled wrong... Thanks!

Okie, so this morning I wrote the story of my only vig and its really based on 2 movies (2 I consider as classical each in their respective genres :-P )

And instead of using 1 puny quote, I wrote a small dialogue comprising 4 different quotes :-P

Now onto building this baby tonight hehe !!

I like entering those fun contests :-D

*yoda*

I supppose that'll work... It'll be interesting at least!

I owe you a double thank you- For pinning the topic and *eventually* making the poll!

Also, don't worry, the entry thread will come very soon- I haven't been able to make it yet because I was busy. |-/

You are only 70 posts away from being able to make a poll. I bet by the time the contest starts you will be able to do it! BTW, I bought a weird jelly alien today, set #7694 >:-) I plan on entering a combo!!

Okie, so this morning I wrote the story of my only vig and its really based on 2 movies (2 I consider as classical each in their respective genres :-P )

And instead of using 1 puny quote, I wrote a small dialogue comprising 4 different quotes :-P

Now onto building this baby tonight hehe !!

I like entering those fun contests :-D

*yoda*

8-

OK, my entries are officially DONE! :-) So if you could make an entry thread asap, I'll post the pics! Thanks a bunch! :-D

And I see you edited Schwartz. ;-)

OK, my entries are officially DONE! :-) So if you could make an entry thread asap, I'll post the pics! Thanks a bunch! :-D

Good! There is an entry thread; it just hasn't been pinned yet. You'll have to scroll down a bit, thought I need to link it to here.

Its pinned now and my entry has been added ;-)

So enjoy that Martian Stew >:-) Hummmmm, stew !! (Homer style)

Excellent contest hehe, I cannot wait to see the other enrtries X-D

Cool Entries SirNadroj

Run pirate run X-D

Oh that poor K3-PO !! We need a medic fast now X-D

*yoda*

Great entry, SirNadroj! Excellent pirate you have there. ;-)

[beginning of tape footage]

Croc: As God is my witness, I