just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

There are so many opinions I have on this set, all I can say is that new tile is nice. The one with shameless bat-logo on it. I think that's new. And I like it!

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It looks pretty cool to me and it's probably as detailed/accurate as it can be at this scale, at least for an official set. I really like the new windshield, especially since it can open like the real thing. True, the exclusion of the front wheel armor is a bit strange and makes it look a bit like a buggy, but that should be an easy mod.

The minifig doesn't seem too different from the one from the Jokerland set, but at least it will be much more affordable. And I'm surprised no one has pointed this out yet, but we FINALLY get a new batarang color! This is something I've been wanting since wave 1 and I'm surprised it has taken them this long to make a variation of that piece. Hopefully we will get more colors in the future, like silver or trans. light blue.

I'm guessing the other two figs will be either Superman or Lex Luthor (considering there is another vehicle included) and a secondary character. I really hope we get Alfred in this wave. I would prefer a classic comic version over the Jeremy Irons version, but I'll take what I can get.

Hope the other sets are better than this, very disappointing.

Hope the other sets are better than this, very disappointing.

I'm not going to pass judgement until I see the rest of the set. :shrug_oh_well:

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It looks pretty cool to me and it's probably as detailed/accurate as it can be at this scale, at least for an official set. I really like the new windshield, especially since it can open like the real thing. True, the exclusion of the front wheel armor is a bit strange and makes it look a bit like a buggy, but that should be an easy mod.

The minifig doesn't seem too different from the one from the Jokerland set, but at least it will be much more affordable. And I'm surprised no one has pointed this out yet, but we FINALLY get a new batarang color! This is something I've been wanting since wave 1 and I'm surprised it has taken them this long to make a variation of that piece. Hopefully we will get more colors in the future, like silver or trans. light blue.

I'm guessing the other two figs will be either Superman or Lex Luthor (considering there is another vehicle included) and a secondary character. I really hope we get Alfred in this wave. I would prefer a classic comic version over the Jeremy Irons version, but I'll take what I can get.

Wait, isn't the Batarang in this set silver?

I wouldn't count on Lex or Superman being in this set, otherwise they would have shown them. It's probably something DC wants to keep under wraps until the movie arrives. (Speculation, maybe spoilers)

I have a feeling it's some Lexcorp androids and somesort of Lexcorp hovercraft, all made with Metallo (the fictional element, not the character).

I'm not going to pass judgement until I see the rest of the set. :shrug_oh_well:

We'll probably see the rest of the Batmobile at SDCC next week; as far as the unknown vehicle and characters, we might be waiting a few months.

I do really want to get a back view of the Batmobile, the rest looks fine to me. It is admittedly inaccurate in quite a few places but for the scale it's acceptable IMO. I also really hope Lego will display the BvS Superman at SDCC alongside Batman and the Batmobile.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Yep thought I said that but it was on brickset :classic:.

I wouldn't count on Lex or Superman being in this set, otherwise they would have shown them. It's probably something DC wants to keep under wraps until the movie arrives. (Speculation, maybe spoilers)

I have a feeling it's some Lexcorp androids and somesort of Lexcorp hovercraft, all made with Metallo (the fictional element, not the character).

It looks light gray to me, but if the final piece is indeed silver, it would be even better.

I don't think there would be enough reason for people to buy the set if it only included one main character. The last movie based wave had both Supes and Zod in every set, even the $10 one, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same for BvS, although there is a much wider variety of characters to choose from this time.

Has there been any confirmation of Lexbots or Metallo being in the movie or is that just wild guessing on your part?

It looks light gray to me, but if the final piece is indeed silver, it would be even better.

I don't think there would be enough reason for people to buy the set if it only included one main character. The last movie based wave had both Supes and Zod in every set, even the $10 one, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same for BvS, although there is a much wider variety of characters to choose from this time.

Has there been any confirmation of Lexbots or Metallo being in the movie or is that just wild guessing on your part?

Good point, although maybe Batman will be enough. If it does include another main character, my guesses are that's it someone who hasn't been confirmed yet (why else keep the rest of the set under wraps so to speak). I'm thinking

the first is either Blue Beatle, who DC wouldn't let him the CW-verse use because they had other plans for him, or Robin, who Jena Melone is rumored to be playing, either one of which will be exclusive to this set. The second i'm thinking is either Metallo, a Lexcorp android, Bizzaro, Doomsday, or Lex Luthor in a battle suit - all of which have been rumored. The vehicle could belong to any of the characters I mentioned.

I'm just basing everything on rumors.

I think it looks good!

(Thank God I'm not a superheroes fan.... I'd be ruined by now :laugh:)

As I said in the 2015 thread (where it technically didn't belong), I really like this set! It's such a cool, fast-looking vehicle, and if the cockpit opens on hinges, it's even better! There's a bit too much exposed studs for my liking, but I don't really mind the buggyish look, which is emphasized by the photo angle.

The silver Batarang is nice even if Batman's not that unique, but I hadn't noticed the pentagon-shaped area with the Batsymbol. Is that a new piece?

I hope we see the rest of the set at SDCC.

Edited by 8BrickMario

As I said in the 2015 thread (where it technically didn't belong), I really like this set! It's such a cool, fast-looking vehicle, and if the cockpit opens on hinges, it's even better! There's a bit too much exposed studs for my liking, but I don't really mind the buggyish look, which is emphasized by the photo angle.

The silver Batarang is nice even if Batman's not that unique, but I hadn't noticed the pentagon-shaped area with the Batsymbol. Is that a new piece?

I hope we see the rest of the set at SDCC.

I'm assuming it opens on hinges since the article did say the doors opened.

That pentagon shaped piece is indeed a new piece.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about seeing the rest of the set at SDCC. The reason they may not have revealed the whole set could be that the rest of the set contains spoilers in which case we may be waiting until release to see them.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this set. I think they did great on this scale. My biggest gripe lies with the minifigure. That belt is way too bright. The New 52 Batman's belt wasn't even that bright. It should be closer to the Dark Knight figure. Other than that, I'm happy with it. Besides, they can always correct that in future sets. I can't wait to see what the other parts of the set are.

enhanced-buzz-16174-1347928290-0.jpg

Are you screaming because we could be getting a Blue Beetle, or because if we do get him the BvS set he'll probably end up looking more like Grey Beetle? :grin:

19116169169_62c1b647ab_h1_zpscs4rciom.jpg

This one is an unofficial MOC by Simple1DEA. I think the lego official one will not look bad.

I will definitely change the lego batmobile with these big wheels and may be also the windscreen.

It was a reference to the Beetle/Beatle typo. Those people are excited fans of the Beatles.

:laugh: I didn't even notice the typo, good one. :laugh:

I'm actually impressed by the new Bat-mobile, though I wonder what else comes in the set ?

Two unnamed characters and an additional vehicle. :grin:

I noticed they gave batman the bright yellow belt even though in the movie it doesn't look like he has a yellow belt. Well it seems like this action figure of the new batman saw the same concept art lego did. And hopefully they give superman the dark blue pants with dark red boots.:

1-495b64d4e9.jpg

And also check out this wonder woman action figure, we can expect her to have a shield and sword as accesories:

3-d41f3c005b.jpg

Really dislike this look for batman, logo is way too big and like the black look much better.

I noticed they gave batman the bright yellow belt even though in the movie it doesn't look like he has a yellow belt. Well it seems like this action figure of the new batman saw the same concept art lego did. And hopefully they give superman the dark blue pants with dark red boots.:

And also check out this wonder woman action figure, we can expect her to have a shield and sword as accesories:

His belt in the movie looks to be dull gold, so I guess either the concpet art must have had it being yellow or it actually is yellow and the just looks dull gold in the movie.

I do wonder how Lego is going to do those boots on Wonder Woman justice.

His belt in the movie looks to be dull gold, so I guess either the concept art must have had it being yellow or it actually is yellow and the just looks dull gold in the movie.

Yeah this is what his belt color actually is:

batman-v-superman_dawn-of-justice_imax-poster_color_textless.jpg?w=640&h=915

For anyone disappointed with the front wheels of the BvS batmobile (basically everyone), I might have a solution:

It would only require 6 extra parts, all which I am pretty sure exist in the right colors and are easily available, and should still allow the wheels to turn without falling off. Thoughts?

^ I think that just looks messy and it doesent convey wahts there in the movie.

I think the car looks better with 3-long fins insetad of 4-long tho.

256e06q.png