just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Planning on Picking up the Scarecrow set Wednesday. Builds are nice. Like the Minifigures. Planning on decorating my LEGO Town for Halloween and that set would be perfect.

Not so keen on the Killer Croc builds though.

I'm trying to talk myself into getting these two but can't seem to pull the trigger. Already picked up the five new Marvel and Rha's sets, but the builds for these two seem really weak to justify the $80 and $60 price tags. I do want the Blue Beetle and the three Squad figs though!

Someone tell me something positive about these sets so I can justify it in a twisted sort of way.

Someone tell me something positive about these sets so I can justify it in a twisted sort of way.

The box art is pretty? You can use the bricks for your own creations? I dunno.

No way I'll be buying them either.

I think both sets are great. Builds are fun. Figures are nice. Zero regrets.

Which one did you like better?

You see

I'm trying to talk myself into getting these two but can't seem to pull the trigger. Already picked up the five new Marvel and Rha's sets, but the builds for these two seem really weak to justify the $80 and $60 price tags. I do want the Blue Beetle and the three Squad figs though!

You seem to like Marvel. Get the Killer Croc set for the best Abomination big fig Lego will ever put out! (You asked for something positive!). I like the squad figs too and will regret the chompers as soon as they are out of the box.

Which one did you like better?

Tough call. The Croc set builds are slightly more intricate. I really like the Scarecrow set, though. I think it's partially inspired by a 1985 Super Powers Team (Super Friends show) that recounted Batman's origins (first time shown in a medium outside of comics). Tough to prove, and certainly Blue Beetle and Killer Moth weren't included, but the vibe and color of the Batcopter definitely match the Super Friends aesthetic (and the copter makes an appearance in the episode). I'd love to find out if that was a design influence for the set. Fun, nostalgic angle.

Would've liked $50 for the Harvest of fear, but I might for $60. I just don't like Vehicle heavy sets. Same thing with Croc. I'll wait for a sale or something. I refuse to pay $80 for a stylized tank and whatever kind of thing that Croc Vehicle Is.

Minifigs are great though.

It's probably just that picture that makes it look dark gray, but we'll have to keep our eyes peeled for a better look just in case.

At the very least, it seems to be the old style cape.

Edited by TheLegoExperience

New activity book for DC and it's batman... but at least it's new 52 batman. Is that a dark gray cape???

https://www.amazon.f...ag=amazon0f3-21

What's the deal with these activity books, will they release in the UK at all do you know? I've seen that there's another one with Superman. Looks identical to one we've already got (comic wise) and has a head with a grin one one side and red eyes on the other which we've had before on separate heads but not together on one head and it's been given a new number listing on BrickLink (sh300). Wondering if Bats may be along the same lines?

EDIT: Scrap that.. just found it on Amazon UK :grin: sorry!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Otherworldly-League-Lego-Super-Heroes/dp/1338047442

Edited by Captain Britain

Don't know if anyone has done this already, but I slapped Mr. Incredibles leg's onto Tim Drake Robin, and I think it looks even better. Just throwing it out there lol

Don't know if anyone has done this already, but I slapped Mr. Incredibles leg's onto Tim Drake Robin, and I think it looks even better. Just throwing it out there lol

I got the Spiderman legs from the Sandman set, changed the hips to red and put them onto the comic-book Superman... looks superb.

I got the Spiderman legs from the Sandman set, changed the hips to red and put them onto the comic-book Superman... looks superb.

Been wanting to do that forever, but I'm waiting til I see that set on clearance. I'd really like the Iron Spider that comes with it too.

Been wanting to do that forever, but I'm waiting til I see that set on clearance. I'd really like the Iron Spider that comes with it too.

The dual-molded legs are available on Bricks and Pieces. They're about $2 (US) per pair. I bought some extras for Superman, Captain America, and for unspecified future use.

Yeah, they look amazing.

28809763336_ce92d098d0_c.jpg

The dual-molded legs are available on Bricks and Pieces. They're about $2 (US) per pair. I bought some extras for Superman, Captain America, and for unspecified future use.

Yeah, they look amazing.

Yep, that's where I got mine from, also bought the dual-moulded legs for Batman and Superman from the BvS Batwing set... now if only we could get a set of dual-moulded legs for the Flash!

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures

Yep, that's where I got mine from, also bought the dual-moulded legs for Batman and Superman from the BvS Batwing set... now if only we could get a set of dual-moulded legs for the Flash!

Had no idea they were on Pick A Brick, definitely gonna have to snag a pair. I wish they'd make a Superman with the New52 design like in the recent DC Lego Movies. We've already got Wonder Woman and Batman, just let me finish my Trinity lol

Yup, the Flash seriously needs some dual molded legs. That stark red over the entire body looks out of place with the more recent super detailed minifigs that have been released more recently.

Is that ... Is that Kandor?

If so, are you willing to share how you made it?

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures

Is that ... Is that Kandor?

If so, are you willing to share how you made it?

It is!

And I am!

I'll snap some shots tomorrow and make a thread to post 'em in, in case anyone's interested. I've been meaning to take pics of it, but it's just a small piece of the Fortress of Solitude I'm working on, and that's been kind of stalled for a while, so I haven't. I'll edit this post with the link, so I don't clutter up this thread anymore.

EDIT: Hey hey, the link is in my sig!

Edited by rob-ot5000

I suggest you use the arms too. Make it look just like the "One Year Later" design from the mid 00's.

n4qt7dj.jpg

That Tim Drake looks amazing, good idea using Mr. incredibles arms and legs.

Thank you, it's one of my favorite figures that I did. When it comes to the Mr. Incredible fig, I tried to reuse every part of the figure. I ended up using the head on the Dick Grayson fig behind him. I wanted to have a more George Perez era Teen Titan Robin so I feel like it really suits em. I'm trying to figure how I'm gonna paint the hair and use it with the Red Hood I made.