just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Keep in mind that the sets won't necessarily be movie accurate. Yes, Batmobiles and Wings seem inevitable, but they might not be based on a specific moment in the movie (of which we know, only like four from the trailer), or they might combine several scenes together to make a set more interesting than a generic truck exploding. There will probably be more interesting things in the movie than that, and if not, they'll make up a scenario because WB certainly won't want the movie to look boring. (But then again, the MoS sets were reasonably accurate and they kind of did that....)

Keep in mind that the sets won't necessarily be movie accurate. Yes, Batmobiles and Wings seem inevitable, but they might not be based on a specific moment in the movie (of which we know, only like four from the trailer), or they might combine several scenes together to make a set more interesting than a generic truck exploding. There will probably be more interesting things in the movie than that, and if not, they'll make up a scenario because WB certainly won't want the movie to look boring. (But then again, the MoS sets were reasonably accurate and they kind of did that....)

I definitely expect if they go that route with the Batwing set that there will be more to it than just an exploding truck.

There were rumors of an action scene being shot last year with Batman and a forty foot crane (not the Doctor) last summer. In the trailer, there is a brief glimpse of a crane in that scene, so maybe they'll put a crane in there with some play feature (with a super jumper perhaps, but hopefully not) as well.

It'll probably depend on how exciting and important that scene turns out being. I think though that as long as the set features Batman, it can be as boring as a box of nothing.

The Arsenal SDCC exclusive got me thinking what if they made CW Arrow and/or Flash sets I'm a big fan of both shows. Maybe that's why they made Arsenal do that he can remain exclusive as he is no longer on the show and they can make sets for Season 4!

P.S. I'm a new member

The Arsenal SDCC exclusive got me thinking what if they made CW Arrow and/or Flash sets I'm a big fan of both shows. Maybe that's why they made Arsenal do that he can remain exclusive as he is no longer on the show and they can make sets for Season 4!

P.S. I'm a new member

Welcome to the forums.

Whether or not we will get Arrow and Flash sets has been brought up repeatedly on these forums. I personally don't think the SDCC exculsive Arsenal is any indication that we'll be seeing any sets based on the shows, nor do I think the shows will have any sets based on them with the amount of movies coming out that DC will want the sets to tie into.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Welcome to the forums.

Whether or not we will get Arrow and Flash sets has been brought up repeatedly on these forums. I personally don't think the SDCC exculsive Arsenal is any indication that we'll be seeing any sets based on the shows, nor do I think the shows will have any sets based on them with the amount of movies coming out that DC will want the sets to tie into.

Flash and Arrow sets or not we should totally count on Suicide (excuse my language :head_back: ) Squad movie (or comic) based sets :sarcasm_smug:

Edited by Rookie875

Flash and Arrow sets or not we should totally count on Suicide (excuse my language :head_back: ) Squad movie (or comic) based sets :sarcasm_smug:

I would not be surprised if we got Suicide Squad movie based sets, at least not as surprised as I would be by Arrow or Flash based sets. As great as those shows are (Flash definitly is, never got into Arrow) and as faithful as their fan bases may be, they just don't have a large enough audience or the right target audeince for Lego to produce sets based on them. Suicide Squad should have a large enough audience, so if it gets a PG-13 rating or DC thinks it will anyway, then it would be an ideal canidate for sets. Plus, Suicide Squad will have Joker, Harely Quinn, and Batman, all of whom are much better known to the general population than anyone in Flash or Arrow. About the best chance Arrow and the Flash have of getting sets, Imo, is if some of their projects on Ideas start getting votes in the thousands - that would tell Lego that there are enough fans of Lego and these shows out there to make sets based on them.

I would not be surprised if we got Suicide Squad movie based sets, at least not as surprised as I would be by Arrow or Flash based sets. As great as those shows are (Flash definitly is, never got into Arrow) and as faithful as their fan bases may be, they just don't have a large enough audience or the right target audeince for Lego to produce sets based on them. Suicide Squad should have a large enough audience, so if it gets a PG-13 rating or DC thinks it will anyway, then it would be an ideal canidate for sets. Plus, Suicide Squad will have Joker, Harely Quinn, and Batman, all of whom are much better known to the general population than anyone in Flash or Arrow. About the best chance Arrow and the Flash have of getting sets, Imo, is if some of their projects on Ideas start getting votes in the thousands - that would tell Lego that there are enough fans of Lego and these shows out there to make sets based on them.

The Flash is one of the best shows on television!! And that's a fact. And even if we don't get sets a guy can dream...

Edited by Rookie875

Everyone seems to be talking about The Batman VS. Superman sets, but is it a high possibility that we may get sets for the a Lego Batman film next year ? We always see a massive range of characters in the Lego films so it could be a chance for us to add some new DC figures to the collection :)

For sure we would be getting a bunch of sets for the Lego Batman movie, which doesn't come out until 2017 by the way. I'm betting that would be the perfect time to introduce many new characters we've been lacking for years--like an updated Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Ra's, etc...really we all just want Killer Moth anyways! :grin:

Lego will most likely be making tons of sets, as they did for the Lego Movie, whenever one of their films come out--such as when the Ninjago film comes out next year. Hopefully this will give us all some comic colored relief from those grey and boring Synder sets that we'll only be getting for years...not looking forward to that. I shutter to think that we'll be getting wave after wave of sets just like those MoS ones...

The Flash is one of the best shows on television!! And that's a fact. And even if we don't get sets a guy can dream...

I know, right? My wife HATES comic books, comic book based movies, comic based cartoons the kids and I watch. Yet, she loves The Flash. Win! I WISH Lego would release a set or two based on the show.

Edited by Colossus

Here it is! :wink:

BN-JD616_batmob_G_20150629135824.jpg

It will be displayed at SDCC but consumers can only purchase it starting Jan. 1, 2016, at mass retailers.

The Lego DC Super Heroes New Batmobile set includes 306 pieces, two “stud shooters” and opening doors, a new Batman outfit deco, two additional unnamed characters and an additional vehicle. It will retail for $29.99.

Looks alright in my opinion--a lot smaller than I thought it would be. The windshield is a surprise...as are those stud shooters...

I do think it's funny that we basically already have that Batman figure though--he's so similar to the 52 one.

Here it is! :wink:

Looks alright in my opinion--a lot smaller than I thought it would be. The windshield is a surprise...as are those stud shooters...

I do think it's funny that we basically already have that Batman figure though--he's so similar to the 52 one.

Nice! Although it is a tad small.

It looks good! It may be a little small, but at least it's in scale. :thumbup: I do like the Batman figure though.

2016 I'm gonna go bankrupt

I'm already bankrupt! I wanna get all sorts of stuff this summer, but no money! :tongue:

I'm already bankrupt! I wanna get all sorts of stuff this summer, but no money! :tongue:

Agreed. With AoU, Justice League Wave, Episode VII, Jurassic World, and Dimensions? 2016 will have a lot, sure, but it'll be considered breathing room for my wallet. :tongue:

As someone who isn't such a big fan of the new Batmobile design, I really like the look of this set. It's nice to have a Batmobile in scale for once.

Batman himself is okay. I might like him more than the New 52 version. It's nice that he has boots, but I would have liked a more grunged face, or one with black eyes (though they missed that chance when they remolded the cowl and kept the eyes too high...). Maybe the flesh printing will at least be decent this time.

I was only planning on getting whatever set Wonder Woman is in, but I might get this too....

The new B>S Batmobile looks great, much better than I thought Lego would do at that scale. I wonder what the additional vehicle and characters are.

Now, does anyone know how I could get my hands on a Lego Infiniti G35 Coupe with the Vaydor G35 bodykit in bright pink and gold, or am I just going to have to hold out hope for Suicide(less) Squad sets?