just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I hope we get a 1966 Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and Joker in a set next year! :D

I guess 76052 Batman could be 1966 inspired (personally though, I'd rather get a comic inspired set with a new bat-villain).

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I think they'll wait closer to the film's release before giving us Suicide Squad based minifigures (assuming we get some, instead of comic based ones). I'm thinking we'll either get the comic book vaients we already have or racing suit variants (think Racing-Suit Riddler).

Wait...it is popular opinion that Suicide Squad will have sets based upon it? I wouldn't hold my breath for one second on that. I know they've done sets based upon PG-13 movies before, but this one is really quite dark. And then there's the actual title..."Suicide" Squad...in a children's toy. I'm just not seeing, but I would love it.

Are kids really clammoring for an 'X-Wing Pilot #6822' minifigure? The racers line is full of figures even less desirable for kids than Green Arrow.

Wait...it is popular opinion that Suicide Squad will have sets based upon it? I wouldn't hold my breath for one second on that. I know they've done sets based upon PG-13 movies before, but this one is really quite dark. And then there's the actual title..."Suicide" Squad...in a children's toy. I'm just not seeing, but I would love it.

WB says that any merchandising for Suicide Squad is going to be more "adult" oriented anyway. No Legos, but Hot Topic's gonna be painted with the shit. The general consensus seems to be that Lego will probably want to find a way to do the new Joker and maybe Harley since he's an easy sell, and the fact that he has his own car makes that all the more tempting since Lego loves their vehicle v vehicle sets.

No, but alot of us are thinking they'll throw comic based (or movie based) Harley and Deadshot (and I'm hoping for Boomer) in a set (or 2, 3, 4, 5..) sometime next year to tie into the movie without actually basing sets on the film itself.

Unless I'm mistaken, IGN did report we'd get sets based on the movie, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Are kids really clammoring for an 'X-Wing Pilot #6822' minifigure? The racers line is full of figures even less desirable for kids than Green Arrow.

WB says that any merchandising for Suicide Squad is going to be more "adult" oriented anyway. No Legos, but Hot Topic's gonna be painted with the shit. The general consensus seems to be that Lego will probably want to find a way to do the new Joker and maybe Harley since he's an easy sell, and the fact that he has his own car makes that all the more tempting since Lego loves their vehicle v vehicle sets.

You have a good point; however, it's not the figure that sells the X-Wing set, but rather the vehicle. The X-Wing is an iconic vehicle and people will likely buy it because it is the X-Wing - the pilot is just a bonus. The Arrow-car is less recognizable than Green Arrow, who is rather unknown, so there's not a very strong chance it would sell well. It definitely would not sell as well as sets featuring Batman and his enemies, anyway.

I really want that Leto-mobile and could see it appearing with Suicide Squad versions of Joker and Harley as a generic Batman set.

I think we might get a Catwoman for the racer sets. Seeing catwoman hasn't been released for a long time. And in each set she came in in the past she was on a motorcycle.

I think we might get a Catwoman for the racer sets. Seeing catwoman hasn't been released for a long time. And in each set she came in in the past she was on a motorcycle.

Nor have we seen Two-Face in long time also

We've only gotten multiple variations of Joker, the Penguin, the Riddler, and Harley. Everyone else would be most welcome with new versions. Here are some possibilities:

Catwoman: '66, it's obviously going to happen.

Two-Face: Black and white suit?

Scarecrow: B:TAS version using Wacky Witch hat to give him straw hair.

Mr. Freeze: Classic dome-helmet version or The Batman version using the Infearno headgear in trans-blue.

Bane: Bigfig, or different mask design.

Poison Ivy: Green skin or New 52 look with tattoos.

There's plenty they could do, so perhaps a couple of these will be in the Racers sets or future waves.

I feel like those wishing for variants with these racers will be pretty disappointed. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

I feel like those wishing for variants with these racers will be pretty disappointed. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why not? If it's not new variations, it's at least the uncommon characters so the aftermarket value for them will drop. I don't see why they'd release boring older versions with these cars, as minifigures are a huge incentive toward buying sets, especially since the vehicles won't be as iconic as the Microfighters. If anything, Joker needs a new variant, as he's long overdue for one and he can be gotten cheaply in the Bumper Car.

Why not? If it's not new variations, it's at least the uncommon characters so the aftermarket value for them will drop. I don't see why they'd release boring older versions with these cars, as minifigures are a huge incentive toward buying sets, especially since the vehicles won't be as iconic as the Microfighters. If anything, Joker needs a new variant, as he's long overdue for one and he can be gotten cheaply in the Bumper Car.

I could see Batman having a new variant but I just have this feeling we'll be disappointed. Not saying it's unlikely or anything but usually when something is "the perfect opportunity" for lego to introduce something, they don't.

I could see Batman having a new variant but I just have this feeling we'll be disappointed. Not saying it's unlikely or anything but usually when something is "the perfect opportunity" for lego to introduce something, they don't.

I could see them doing Batman, Joker, and one other Batvilain (Penguin, Riddler, or Two Face seem the most obvious) all with (useless and likely hideous) racing suits.

I'm thinking, with DC's whole girl-thing, maybe the $20 Batman set (76052) will include Batgirl and Harley Quinn (Just2Good hinted at a pigtail-haired variant, unless I'm mistaken).

I could see them doing Batman, Joker, and one other Batvilain (Penguin, Riddler, or Two Face seem the most obvious) all with (useless and likely hideous) racing suits.

I'm thinking, with DC's whole girl-thing, maybe the $20 Batman set (76052) will include Batgirl and Harley Quinn (Just2Good hinted at a pigtail-haired variant, unless I'm mistaken).

O boy, hopefully they don't give them racing suits :sick: That'd ruin those sets real quick

O boy, hopefully they don't give them racing suits :sick: That'd ruin those sets real quick

Oh man, don't even think of that. :cry_sad:

I think it will be like Microfighters though with just miniature versions of the characters' vehicles and maybe a few variant characters. Not much more to it than that. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh man, don't even think of that. :cry_sad:

I think it will be like Microfighters though with just miniature versions of the characters' vehicles and maybe a few variant characters. Not much more to it than that. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm just thinking with Just2Good's racer hint that these won't be Microvehicles but actually racers with some sort of racing function. What would be "better" to go with racers than racing variants of our favorite characters?

I'm just thinking with Just2Good's racer hint that these won't be Microvehicles but actually racers with some sort of racing function. What would be "better" to go with racers than racing variants of our favorite characters?

Yeah i do think the same indeed. A bit like what Chima had. Some playfeature for kids that we dont need haha.

Yeah i do think the same indeed. A bit like what Chima had. Some playfeature for kids that we dont need haha.

Or like the Super Jumpers :sick:.

Now this is sounding like Super Hero Speedorz. :sick:

Except instead of racing through some obstacle to collect the Chi, you have to collect all the cars to race them against each other.

I really hope not. I'm still holding my breath for Microfighters though. But I guess we'll see soon enough.

I don't know anything official, but I'm guessing not all of them will be race CARS. More like Microfighters, as said before, like a mini Helicarrier or something.

I don't know anything official, but I'm guessing not all of them will be race CARS. More like Microfighters, as said before, like a mini Helicarrier or something.

But, if they were going to be micro-vehicles, wouldn't Just2Good have hinted at that instead of Racers? I don't know, just my interpretation of the little information we have.

Perhaps it includes some sort of pullback mechanism?

That would make sense. If so, I hope it'll work better than the Super Jumpers :grin:.