just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I'm real bummed out because 250-270 US will be maybe 300-350 here in AUS (judging by the Helicarrier and other sets around those marks), which really is ridiculous. I know the currencies are worth different amounts but 1 is 1, no matter the value. So 300+ is 300+, again no matter the value.

It's funny how we got pretty much every 66 minifigure from LB3 and even the same Batmobile design, but not Batgirl.

The price is a bit offputting, but I've got some VIP points that will soften the blow. I'm definitely going to get this, though. I think they really succeeded in capturing the essence of the show's batcave, and especially the vehicles and the Wayne Manor bit look just fantastic. And I'm sure I can think of something more creative to put on the big studded wall (which I bet is there to hide the costume-switching mechanism).

I'm real bummed out because 250-270 US will be maybe 300-350 here in AUS (judging by the Helicarrier and other sets around those marks), which really is ridiculous. I know the currencies are worth different amounts but 1 is 1, no matter the value. So 300+ is 300+, again no matter the value.

No matter the value? Value is the only thing that matters about currency. You wouldn't expect it to only be 270 Yen if you lived in Japan, would you? $270 USD is currently $380 AUD - anything you pay less than 380 is a discount!

No matter the value? Value is the only thing that matters about currency. You wouldn't expect it to only be 270 Yen if you lived in Japan, would you? $270 USD is currently $380 AUD - anything you pay less than 380 is a discount!

I've noticed LEGO in US especially doesn't equal what it should here in AUS (e.g. $20 sets like the Green Lantern set should be $28ish. Those sets are always priced $40+ here. The $10 US sets like the Iron Man drone set is $20 here instead of $14ish. etc.). We do end up paying more than you guys regardless. And what I meant by"no matter the value" was if a woman on the street asked you for $1. That's $1. The value maybe more in some places but he is still asking for the one dollar. If a woman asked for $300 again the value would vary depending on where you are but that is still 300x that 1 dollar.

Most people don't tend to think of value but rather the quantity of what they have. If in some weird universe where all currencies where accepted anywhere the same woman asked you for one dollar you wouldn't go "Ahhh I only have USD on me, is 75 cents alright?". You would give her one wether you had AUD or USD, because he asked for one dollar. When I pay for something I don't go "Oh America has a stronger dollar so it averages out" or whatever. No, I think of how I will have x amount less than I did.

And you are right I didn't fact check those prices and was way off, but now I think on it 270ish there is about 380ish here. Plus whatever that extra bit LEGO makes us pay it will be beyond expensive, and it sucks. Hard. Which was basically what I was trying to say in my post haha. Sorry for the confusion.

Enough with rants about prices! Either you can or you can't afford the set - but that's your issue. No one else cares, we're not buying it for you!

Anyway, ever noticed that with leaked pictures the quality is always so poor? Isn't that strange in an era where we all carry hi-tech cameras with us 24/7? Isn't it always convenient that these pictures are bad enough to scupper attempts by Chinese crooks to release knockoffs - but not so bad that we can't get a pretty good idea of the set? There's a game being played here.

Enough with rants about prices! Either you can or you can't afford the set - but that's your issue. No one else cares, we're not buying it for you!

Anyway, ever noticed that with leaked pictures the quality is always so poor? Isn't that strange in an era where we all carry hi-tech cameras with us 24/7? Isn't it always convenient that these pictures are bad enough to scupper attempts by Chinese crooks to release knockoffs - but not so bad that we can't get a pretty good idea of the set? There's a game being played here.

Yeah, the moaning is unbelievable – it was obviously going to be so expensive... looks amazing by the way, and at last a proper Robin costume.

Am i the only one simultaneously happy and sad to get a new Alfred after 10 years only for him to not be comic based

What did you expect... have you not seen the TV series?

Edited by dario2739

The price is a bit offputting, but I've got some VIP points that will soften the blow. I'm definitely going to get this, though. I think they really succeeded in capturing the essence of the show's batcave, and especially the vehicles and the Wayne Manor bit look just fantastic. And I'm sure I can think of something more creative to put on the big studded wall (which I bet is there to hide the costume-switching mechanism).

Looks like a whole lot of wasted/lost space used to hide the mechanism in Bruce's desk/office (Floor goes down to the batcave and/or rotates maybe?). A big compromise if the model is used for display.

Something I'm not too keen on is the colour - but the Wayne Manor in the TV show did have a lot of red/brown bricks. Prefer the grey/dark colours used for earlier Batcaves and Arkhams.

What did you expect... have you not seen the TV series?

A bit of it, I just meant they should hare rereleased a comic one by now, this one is great though!

A bit of it, I just meant they should hare rereleased a comic one by now, this one is great though!

I do agree that a comic book Alfred should have been released, using the hairpiece of the Grandpa minifigure.

Looks like a whole lot of wasted/lost space used to hide the mechanism in Bruce's desk/office (Floor goes down to the batcave and/or rotates maybe?). A big compromise if the model is used for display.

Something I'm not too keen on is the colour - but the Wayne Manor in the TV show did have a lot of red/brown bricks. Prefer the grey/dark colours used for earlier Batcaves and Arkhams.

The way I look at it, I think the building front is more representative of the buildings Batman and Robin walk up with their ropes... where the guest stars appeared at the windows,

I was born in 1973 so while it was originally shown 5 years before my birth my Saturday mornings as a kid in the UK involved the reruns of the show so yeah... I do remember this as a kid. You only have to look at the success of the Batman '66 comic book to know that there's still a big interest in that era of Batman in all it's camp glory.

I personally think it's a pretty good set and still hovers around the 10c per piece ratio so while it'll probably be between £229 and £249 over here I actually think we get quite a bit... we were told that it would be more than just the cave... and it's exactly that. I don't think having Bruce and Dick is a lazy choice or a waste of figure spaces... they spent a lot of time in their civvies in the programme and I think there is definitely a 'changing' area on the poles which will be a good play feature. We're only missing a batboat for their full '66 vehicle roster aren't we? That's pretty comprehensive. If we had Batgirl and Gordon it would be a full house... maybe there's still room for a small batboat set but despite any small reservations it's a winner for me. I'm also not going to be too concerned about the positioning of the poles in relation to the reactor etc.

First post on EB but been reading this and the Marvel threads for a while now. I have been waiting for this set image for AGES and I have to be honest, whilst I agree the blank brick wall is a bit bare, I am super hyped about this set. I was thinking of doing my own MOC of a Wayne Manor over the Batcave and this totally fits the bill.

Price seems super high and will be interesting to see what it comes in at as I may have to wait for birthday or Xmas again for it... still The blank stud wall can be used for lining up bat suits maybe as mini fig wall, or you can cover it in bricks for a more rocky look.

The thought of paying £250 for a set containing pretty much all figures I already have is daunting to say the least. But the bat pole and what looks to be a costume change play feature with spinning Batman and Robing flying out the other side of the hidden bookcase is too good to pass up.

I hate the fact that Lego is allowing crazy price speculation with their mini-figures.

I understand their bussines model to put some more exclusive figures in bigger sets, but I do not onderstand the exclusive comiccon or package deal etc. figures.

After a month orso they should be available through normal channels. Hell they'd even make money off it. Now they are playing into the hands off the chinese knock-off companies and crazy re-sellers.

Also some bricklink sellers seem to have insane amounts of licensed minifigures sometimes up to 50+, where do they get these?

I wonder why they don't adress this more.

Edited by Cobb

I hate the fact that Lego is allowing crazy price speculation with their mini-figures.

I understand their bussines model to put some more exclusive figures in bigger sets, but I do not onderstand the exclusive comiccon or package deal etc. figures.

After a month orso they should be available through normal channels. Hell they'd even make money off it. Now they are playing into the hands off the chinese knock-off companies and crazy re-sellers.

Also some bricklink sellers seem to have insane amounts of licensed minifigures sometimes up to 50+, where do they get these?

yes these threads are full of AFOLs wanting exclusive, specific versions of each character, and annoyed when figures are re-released!

yes these threads are full of AFOLs wanting exclusive, specific versions of each character, and annoyed when figures are re-released!

The figures don't have to be identical though... take the Green Arrow SDCC figure for example - we got Green Arrow in the Justice League set too. I know there are lots of AFOL, but let's be honest here - Lego is a toy for kids and you try telling my 8yr old son why I can't get him a Captain Marvel minifigure or Speedy to complete his collection!

The exclusives won't ever make everyone happy. But these days, LEGO's tended to make obscure characters or variations that nobody but the most hardcore fans would be angry about missing. They also don't tie in with current sets to avoid making you feel like you're missing a part of your collection, so by that logic, comics Alfred and '66 Batgirl wouldn't be exclusives.

Yes there are some die hard enthusiasts that love the exclusivity of figs and will either go to SDCC or pay $299 for one fig or set from it on the secondary market and that is annoying for someone like you or I who miss out. But Lego are playing a bigger game here. Exclusive figures at SDCC and with higher priced or D2C sets helps make the brand "cool". It creates desire and ultimately demand for the brand as a whole despite them not making a direct profit from it. It's a long term strategy that helps develop the brand which it can be argued has come on massive leaps and bounds over the past 10/15 years from things like this.

Lego never seem to put key characters as SDCC exclusives or in high price D2C sets. I mean look at Simpsons, the two sets are high priced but they make a minifigs line so everyone can get involved.They play both sides and do it well. Look at the Microfighters and now Mighty Micros... Kids don't give a shit about having the exclusive 111th variant of Batman, they just want batman to smash into the Joker and have fun.

They also don't tie in with current sets to avoid making you feel like you're missing a part of your collection, so by that logic, comics Alfred and '66 Batgirl wouldn't be exclusives.

That's true enough. There have been figures such as Azog and Bard that were released at SDCC but weren't exclusive... they were just previews. Shame about the Collector though as he was a decent part of GOTG (yes I know we're dabbling in Marvel territory here) so to have him not available was probably a bit of a shame to some kids who will have seen him in The Dark World too. I hope that's not something that happens further down the line with the DCCU.

Edited by Robianco

The figures don't have to be identical though... take the Green Arrow SDCC figure for example - we got Green Arrow in the Justice League set too. I know there are lots of AFOL, but let's be honest here - Lego is a toy for kids and you try telling my 8yr old son why I can't get him a Captain Marvel minifigure or Speedy to complete his collection!

Captain Marvel is now in the Avenjet set.. same way as Green Arrow and even Iron Man was before it.

The exclusives won't ever make everyone happy. But these days, LEGO's tended to make obscure characters or variations that nobody but the most hardcore fans would be angry about missing. They also don't tie in with current sets to avoid making you feel like you're missing a part of your collection, so by that logic, comics Alfred and '66 Batgirl wouldn't be exclusives.

Totally agree. Lego do a good job of this IMO. The only SDCC exclusives I really wanted is the Batman Zur-En-Arrh and Phoenix which I have as bootlegs and I don't really care about that (don't shoot me purists but I always get bootlegs of the figs I can't afford or can't get)

I wish LEGO didn't do SDCC exclusives on such desirable characters.

Well, we were just talking about how the past years have had less desirable characters as exclusives. If anything, they've gotten much better.

Well, we were just talking about how the past years have had less desirable characters as exclusives. If anything, they've gotten much better.

Yeah, they have gotten worse, but the first great ones are still mocking me on ebay.

Captain Marvel is now in the Avenjet set.. same way as Green Arrow and even Iron Man was before it.

Totally agree. Lego do a good job of this IMO. The only SDCC exclusives I really wanted is the Batman Zur-En-Arrh and Phoenix which I have as bootlegs and I don't really care about that (don't shoot me purists but I always get bootlegs of the figs I can't afford or can't get)

Different Captain Marvel I think - I believe the SDCC figure in question is Shazam, from DC, who used to be known as Captain Marvel. (Yes it's confusing)

Looks like it has great play features. If I was 8 years old I would be in heaven.

As an adult collector it leaves me a little cold. The set looks like a jumbled mess. I feel like they compromised too much to include the Batpole feature (I assume you send Bruce and Dick down and they switch to Batman and Robin). I do like the minifigures but I am a little bummed there is no Batgirl. Hopefully we get her in the future. Anyways I will be buying this day one. It's a freaking 66 Batman set!

he meant Shazam, the artist formerly known as Captain Marvel. Still annoyed that was a SDCC minifigure. He's an A lister!