just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Who in the world said that? Not all of that would fit into a $30 set, haha.

It's less than was in Hulkbuster:

Iron Man, Hulkbuster, the Hulk bigfig, Scarlet Witch, Ultron and Hulk containment unit. It sounds bigger than it is.

The BvS Batmobile is pretty small, so a bigfig and a couple dozen parts to suggest a ruined building wouldn't necessarily put it over the $30 line. On the other hand, it would have been weird to include Doomsday in the only set without a hero that poses a serious physical threat to him.

If I remember correctly, though this is unconfirmed, it was rumoured Doomsday evolves quite rapidly during the fight scene rather than over the span of multiple films. So by the end of the film Doomsday should be the rocky and more menacing beast he is in the comics and games. For example it was reported Wonder Woman either cut off or rip off an arm of Doomsday's, but he just grew one back only it was more boney and had his signature shards almost resembling a claw. I'm not sure if there is truth to that rumour but if it turns out to be true a big-fig of Doomsday wouldn't be something to pass on. I think the chances more sets come out are slim but indeed possible and again if we were given more sets this would also give us an early chance to get an Aquaman and any other rumoured but unconfirmed characters (Flash and Cyborg etc.) and as someone said Knightmare Batman as a variant maybe?

It seems strange to have a Batman set without an actual threat. Like Iron Man vs Ultron drones or Captain America vs Chitauri is one thing. But Batman and a Batmobile against henchmen with a forklift seems real silly.

Edited by Coca-Cola

There's a picture of an Aquaman action figure from BvS circulating, which makes me wonder if we will, in fact, see Aquaman in the movie and perhaps in the summer wave?

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

It is strange Doomsday wasn't included, but then again these movie sets have always been hit or miss on including the important elements of the movie.

On the plus side even if we don't get a movie version of him in some surprise summer set we'll probably get a comic/cartoon version at some point in the future. Just like how when they didn't give us a movie Green Goblin for Spiderman they gave us a crappy cartoon one (Though in this case Doomsday's design has been pretty consistent, so we probably would get something decent).

Anyone know when we might hear more about the D2C Batcave? That's what I'm really itching for...

Anyone know when we might hear more about the D2C Batcave? That's what I'm really itching for...

I might be wrong but it might come out later in summer.

If I buy the batwing in spring I might leave some stickers out.

Do you guys think the BvS had to much spoilers?

I believe March.

March we believe. Hopefully it's going to be one of those sets with quite a number of figs, probably the heroes and Alfred, with maybe Catwoman, Penguin, The Riddler and of couse The Joker. Not really an exciting set for me, but hey ho.

Is there any chance we will see supergirl again in a set next year?

Did you miss out on the Brainiac attack set? It's on sale in a lot of places.

Did you miss out on the Brainiac attack set? It's on sale in a lot of places.

Only place I see it is on Lego shop. Just the supergirl figure. She seems rare.

I've asked around, nothing much has been heard, we should see it around January though. It'll be about $150-$200.

I've asked around, nothing much has been heard, we should see it around January though. It'll be about $150-$200.

I'm pretty sure it's March ;)

If I were you I'd definitely get the Brainiac set. Why? Great figures are included, perhaps 1 or 2 that wn't be seen again at all or for a few years, like Martian Manhunter and Supergirl. The set itself is pretty cool, well constructed with flick missile, that nice trans-green roof and the super-jumper centred cannon. Also it's gonna be rare. Like sets from 06-08 with Batman, so of these sets are going to be exceptionally hard to come by in a few years. Nobody will want to seel anything in this set other than maybe the Superman figure, and that's only because you can get him in other sets. You might even want to hold on to him, as I can see N52 Superman being the standard Superman variant from now on.

All in all, for £25 it is a great set, a fun build with great figs and rarity in the coming years. If you like to sell LEGO on for profit, then this set is a must in preperation for a few years time.

I love it, I just wish they wouldn't give us stud shooters instead of normal weapons :(

I agree, I don't use them that often for fear of losing the studs. I'm missing those original Batman tommy guns and pistols. This were cool.