just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I suggest you use the arms too. Make it look just like the "One Year Later" design from the mid 00's.

*snip*

That's not Wildstyle's hood, is it? Doesn't she have the yellow "skin" spot? Who's is that? and, btw, it looks great, I'll definitely be doing that!

Did you custom create the yellow cape you use for the OYL Tim Drake? I've been wanting to have the yellow/black look like you did, but I didn't think they made a yellow long cape with the "spikes" or whatever you call the Bat-family's cape design lol

I didn't like Mr. Incredible's arms on Tim at all, thought they looked too red, but I like it on yours - maybe the yellow cape is what's missing? I should try it again I think.

That's not Wildstyle's hood, is it? Doesn't she have the yellow "skin" spot? Who's is that? and, btw, it looks great, I'll definitely be doing that!

Did you custom create the yellow cape you use for the OYL Tim Drake? I've been wanting to have the yellow/black look like you did, but I didn't think they made a yellow long cape with the "spikes" or whatever you call the Bat-family's cape design lol

I didn't like Mr. Incredible's arms on Tim at all, thought they looked too red, but I like it on yours - maybe the yellow cape is what's missing? I should try it again I think.

1) The wyldstyle hood doesn't have a yellow skin print on it but it does have purple on the hood. I used some acrylic paint to cover it up, you can also use some sort of nail polish remover to take it off. Up to you. I think the paint is easier.

2) The yellow cape comes a vendor on bricklink but you can also find it on ebay for cheap

3) I'd give it another chance one you get the yellow cape, I love how the arms look on my minifigure.

Edited by jurrobear

The black and yellow cape does look pretty fantastic.

I can see why people might like Mr. Incredible's arms for this purpose, but for me, it's too much black. If everyone had "gloves" that went that far, it would be different, but as it is, it looks a bit incongruous with everyone else. IMO, of course.

(And feel free to visit my NEWLY POSTED MOC THREAD and tell me what YOU don't like! Yes, this is a reaaaally shameless plug. But it's not the reason I posted, so maybe it's okay? Maybe? Maybe? Link below!)

Edited by rob-ot5000

The black and yellow cape does look pretty fantastic.

I can see why people might like Mr. Incredible's arms for this purpose, but for me, it's too much black. If everyone had "gloves" that went that far, it would be different, but as it is, it looks a bit incongruous with everyone else. IMO, of course.

(And feel free to visit my NEWLY POSTED MOC THREAD and tell me what YOU don't like! Yes, this is a reaaaally shameless plug. But it's not the reason I posted, so maybe it's okay? Maybe? Maybe? Link below!)

Well if we're comparing the costumes, Jason Todd and Dick Grayson didn't wear gauntlets like Tim Drake did, they wore gloves. Damian wore smaller gloves/gauntlets so it makes sense that they aren't as extended. If we look at the source material I based it on, it kinda warrants having it up almost to the elbow.

Robin.jpg

Definitely a fair point. Now Batman needs them too :classic:

That's an excellent idea, If only there were gray/black dual color lego arms.

That's an excellent idea, If only there were gray/black dual color lego arms.

Hahaha, it's funny, without reading this thread, I thought about the gauntlet thing, and how TIm probably looked off to me because Batman doesn't have the dual-molded arms as well - then I come in here and that's exactly what you guys were talking about lol

So that's for sure? No grey/black or dark grey/black dual molded arms out yet?

Hahaha, it's funny, without reading this thread, I thought about the gauntlet thing, and how TIm probably looked off to me because Batman doesn't have the dual-molded arms as well - then I come in here and that's exactly what you guys were talking about lol

Hmm... I thought there was. Could we get a list of dual molded legs and arms somewhere? That'd be useful.

Hmm... I thought there was. Could we get a list of dual molded legs and arms somewhere? That'd be useful.

You might be thinking of these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=981982pb033#T=C

but the color scheme is reversed from what you would want.

However, these would work pretty well in a different way: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=981982pb072#T=C

The hiker from the new Minifigures series has red legs with navy blue moulded boots... they could prove useful for a superhero character, somewhere down the line.

Back on topic – I've read that there is going to be a Minifigure series based on the Lego Batman Movie, so we should hopefully get new versions of the villains featured in the trailer and hopefully a decent Commissioner Gordon. Be great if Clayface features in a set too!

Wrong thread! The Batman Movie sets are coming in 2017, and have there own thread.

Doh! ...although, technically it is still DC Superheroes... so... :tongue:

Doh! ...although, technically it is still DC Superheroes... so... :tongue:

Nope nope nope. You're gonna lose that argument. I know, I tried :wink: There's going to wind up being 86 different threads for DC 2017. (Or maybe just 3.)

Right now I'm designing a Justice League MOC, but I need your guys help with something. I'm trying to make a Steppenwolf figure (for those who don't know who that is he is Darkseids uncle and commander of his army).

This is the version I want to use as inspiration for the figure:

28782840160_77bd6fbe6d_z.jpg

28782839590_6ee6256d13_z.jpg

Does anyone know any good parts I can use for this figure?

And also, who would you like to see as the villain for the Justice League? Except for Darkseid as a bigfig doesn't fit the MOC I'm designing :p

Edited by Kevii23

I swear, I saw the perfect helmet for him somewhere recently but I have no idea from where or from what figure. Sorry. :(

Hello! Today when I opened my Heroes of Justice: Sky High Battle set bag 1, instead of getting the normal 6102553 Superman cape, I received a 6134290 torn and tattered cape! I found it ironically more appropriate for this set given what happened at the end of Batman V Superman for Superman. However what is even more strange is that I can't find a piece number 6134290 on LEGO.com!

That is Jestro's Cape from the Nexo Knights line. Seems like a mix up during packaging

Oh I was unable to trace the cape back to its original set on LEGO.com, perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough. Thanks for the information though!

Edited by YangHao6998

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

Here is the picture.

Btw, I have ordered a replacement original cape but it's out of stock at the moment :cry_sad:

Huh, how interesting! If you tried ordering a replacement through the site, but were unable, I'd suggest calling the customer service line and speaking with someone. Their reps are always really helpful and there may be something they can do.

To me two of this year's sets are "inspired" by the Suicide Squad movie, and maybe desert Batman is inspired by Knightmare Batman (maybe). Does anyone have an interpretation of what the Scarecrow set is inspired by? I like making (tenuous) connections between sets and DC in other media, it enhances my enjoyment of the sets. Blue Beetle makes me think Young Justice, but how closely does the fig resemble the cartoon? I can't figure out which Scarecrow the figure is meant to look like, and Killer Moth is just an awesomely bizarre choice for this set.

by any chance has there been any word about another exclusive target minifigure cube for this year?

No word, no leak, no news. :cry_sad:

This week ToysRUs stores (at least here in the US) have all Lego DC Super Heroes sets at 20% off "their" MSRP.