just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

In his defense (?) I didn't know Atom existed until the TV show was announced. :shrug_oh_well:

It's a real shame that aside from the Trinity DC heroes don't get enough coverage...

It's a real shame that aside from the Trinity DC heroes don't get enough coverage...

Well, in the live-action movies, that is certainly the case right now, but other adaptations have been very thorough in showcasing the wonders of DC's lineup. Live action shows like Smallville and the Arrowverse lineup have done a good job including the likes of Hawkman, Firestorm, Wildcat, and so forth, and the cartoons have included many like Dr. Fate, Plastic Man, and Blue Beetle. Thankfully, Lego has been slowly but surely following suit the last few years as well. Both the movies and our sets aren't perfect yet, but we are getting there in both.

Well, in the live-action movies, that is certainly the case right now, but other adaptations have been very thorough in showcasing the wonders of DC's lineup. Live action shows like Smallville and the Arrowverse lineup have done a good job including the likes of Hawkman, Firestorm, Wildcat, and so forth, and the cartoons have included many like Dr. Fate, Plastic Man, and Blue Beetle. Thankfully, Lego has been slowly but surely following suit the last few years as well. Both the movies and our sets aren't perfect yet, but we are getting there.

My guess is it's some sort of computer chip in the show included to show how small he is.

I'm kind of disappointed, a pretty plain figure - and it doesn't even use the Ultra Agents helmet, which would have made it so much better.

Exactly! It would have been the perfect time to use it. The figure is nothing special, but I do like the computer chip piece.

I love that design but yes, WHY not the Ultra Agents helmet ???

This Atom exclusive minifigure is so bad! No double molded helmet, bad printing, really dissapointing. But at least I don't have to buy him for couple hundred $ off eBay.

Ultra agents helmet would have been much better, I might buy if I can get it cheap enough! Wish me luck :iamded_lol:

The Ultra Agents helmet would've been better, but as for why they didn't use it? Look to the "SDCC figure guessing game" thread. Many guessed they'd use the Ultra Agents helmet for him when he was confirmed as the DC offering... but most weren't happy about it, since then it'd make the figure a lot more desirable. More would've wanted the figure in part for that element in dark blue with trans-light-blue dual-molding, and therefore more would've been upset at being unable to acquire the figure without shelling out oodles of money.

This way, fewer fans will be bummed to miss out on the figure. They can easily get the helmet itself, since it's available in dark blue already, and then custom-print stickers to make their own stand-in at home, if they so choose...

...and it frees up Lego to possibly use the UA helmet in another Atom down the line, should they ever make a more readily-available set used on the CW shows with Atom included. That may be a long shot, but it's still a possibility!

I do like how they included a 'stand' that serves the same purpose as the builds in the Ant-Man movie set, to show that the hero shrinks. Clever!

But, an easy pass... maybe we'll get a comic/toon-style Atom in a year or two! In the meantime, I can do without TV Ray for now quite easily. :sweet:

OK, I hope this is the right thread cause I've been away for a bit and this is about something that was released in 2016 not 2017 lol

So now that the new DVD is out and Nightwing has arrived, I don't know if any of you are like me and think the totally black (beyond the logo) minifigure on Nightwing is waaaaaay too boring, but I did a little minifigure switcharound between Jo from the Lego Movie Ice Cream truck, Nightwing and an extra Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons;

Old_zps1f05uqz0.png

Moved Jo's arms to Nightwing, Comic Book Guy's arms to Jo, and then Nightwings arms and Comic Book Guys remaining body are in the spare parts baggie lol;

New_zps6rdv7iwh.png

I think Nightwing looks so much better like this, and then I also like that it made a little more varriance between Jo and the other Ice Cream Guy in that set. I'm not sure what other minifigs have those electric blue (or whatever the color is) arms, but they'd work too. I just wish there was a dual-molded arm with the electric blue up near the shoulder and black near the wrist. One day!

Holy cow, that Nightwing switcheroo looks pretty darn amazing. I just got Nightwing yesterday, I'm sure I have that Ice Cream Gal somewhere....

Yeah, I like it so much more like that. I think the mostly black look is so drab, and his bright blue is supposed to pop and bounce out, so this is better to me. I also did the same thing with the New52 costume;

IMG_1949_zpsgi0uhdwa.jpg

Also had BvS Superman's hair on him, but I've since put that on Tim Drake so he looks shorter than Nightwing haha

The most accurate option would be if we got a Nightwing with a colored stripe printed down the middle of his black arms, as his sleeves are mostly black. However, swapping arms like this still looks good, and not too far off.

Yeah, I figure it works well with the 'basic' or 'simple' nature of some of the Lego designs. But a striped arm piece would DEFINITELY be fantastic.

The most accurate option would be if we got a Nightwing with a colored stripe printed down the middle of his black arms, as his sleeves are mostly black. However, swapping arms like this still looks good, and not too far off.

Oh for sure, that would be ideal, but until that happens, I agree that it's a nice way to give a bit more color to a character who is definitely supposed to be brighter and sunnier in disposition than his mentor. Pretty much the main reason I've never liked Nightwing's red outfit, but to each his own :classic:

All that said, I don't know if I'll actually swap them out, as I've only ever modded one other character: Martian Manhunter's classic look definitely needed blue hips/underoos but with green legs. :laugh:

Hey all,

For those of us in the US still waiting for the summer sets, this may help. I've uncovered the Target DCPI codes for the summer sets. For those of you who don't know what that is, there's a site called Brickseek that checks the inventory of Targets near you. If you see that a new set is in stock, just ask an employee and they will retreive it for you. This is how, for example, I got 2016 sets in early December.

Anyway, here are the codes! None are in my area currently, but I'm sure they will be in a week or few days.

Scarecrow Harvest of Fear: 204-00-1798

Killer Croc Sewer Smash: 204-00-1799

Actually, before the Marvel movies, i'd say DC heroes were more widely known... The trinity transcend the genre and are icons... the only Marvel characters in that bracket (pre MCU) were Spiderman and Hulk.

Ant-Man, GotG, and even Iron Man, Thor I would say were not as familiar characters as Flash, Green Lantern or even Aquaman.

Actually, before the Marvel movies, i'd say DC heroes were more widely known... The trinity transcend the genre and are icons... the only Marvel characters in that bracket (pre MCU) were Spiderman and Hulk.

Ant-Man, GotG, and even Iron Man, Thor I would say were not as familiar characters as Flash, Green Lantern or even Aquaman.

A fair point for sure, though I'd add Captain America and maybe Wolverine to the Marvel bracket as well. As for DC, there's still a lot of recognition coming from the Superfriends-era, so there was a bit more recognition there in the mainstream than any Marvel characters except for those mentioned. Hell, I'd argue that, pre-MCU, the general public was more aware of Hawkman than Ant-Man, Iron Man, or Thor.

Anyway, getting back on topic, my local LEGO Store was supposed to be getting the new CMF series today, so I went in to check. The truck was delayed, so no CMF, but one of the guys I know had been building all of the new superhero sets from Marvel and DC. He hadn't gotten to the Scarecrow set, but had the Killer Croc set, so he brought it out for me to see. I gotta say, everything about Killer Croc and his vehicle are just as bad in person as I thought they might be (IMO of course). I hate bigfigs, so that was automatically a letdown, and the vehicle is strange, but not in a good way. And the chomping action doesn't work so well. And Captain Boomerang's "perch" is pretty bad. And- etc., etc. I'm just not a fan of that whole aspect of the set. Captain Boomerang and Red Hood, though, look awesome, but there's no way I can justify $80 on two figs and an admittedly cool tank that I won't keep built. Katana looks cool, but I don't care much about the character or the figure.

I wish I had been able to see the Scarecrow set, though. I'm far more on-the-fence about that one.

(Completely OT, but if you're a Marvel fan also, OMG SQUEE, he had the Bridge Battle and Ghost Rider sets built as well. SO AWESOME.)

A fair point for sure, though I'd add Captain America and maybe Wolverine to the Marvel bracket as well. As for DC, there's still a lot of recognition coming from the Superfriends-era, so there was a bit more recognition there in the mainstream than any Marvel characters except for those mentioned. Hell, I'd argue that, pre-MCU, the general public was more aware of Hawkman than Ant-Man, Iron Man, or Thor.

Anyway, getting back on topic, my local LEGO Store was supposed to be getting the new CMF series today, so I went in to check. The truck was delayed, so no CMF, but one of the guys I know had been building all of the new superhero sets from Marvel and DC. He hadn't gotten to the Scarecrow set, but had the Killer Croc set, so he brought it out for me to see. I gotta say, everything about Killer Croc and his vehicle are just as bad in person as I thought they might be (IMO of course). I hate bigfigs, so that was automatically a letdown, and the vehicle is strange, but not in a good way. And the chomping action doesn't work so well. And Captain Boomerang's "perch" is pretty bad. And- etc., etc. I'm just not a fan of that whole aspect of the set. Captain Boomerang and Red Hood, though, look awesome, but there's no way I can justify $80 on two figs and an admittedly cool tank that I won't keep built. Katana looks cool, but I don't care much about the character or the figure.

I wish I had been able to see the Scarecrow set, though. I'm far more on-the-fence about that one.

(Completely OT, but if you're a Marvel fan also, OMG SQUEE, he had the Bridge Battle and Ghost Rider sets built as well. SO AWESOME.)

As the owner of both the Scarecrow and Croc sets I'd get both eventually but go for Scarecrow first, the vehicles are solid and Blue Beetle and Killer Moth are welcome inclusions (in other words Moth is Fantastic!)

I was at one of my local Targets after finding our they still had 14 (!) of the 2015 Target Cubes on Brickseek. (DPCI 204-00-1716 if you're curious).

The promos for the upcoming Suicide Squad movie have me excited that it may be good! And that automatically brings my attention (and my son's) to the "related" sets. I am already ruing the day we get the croc dentures of doom (pending our review of the movie), hopefully on clearance. But I don't get that Killer Croc big fig. It is really ugly and the weird sloped face makes me really uncomfortable. I may move Croc to be a stand-in for a marvel Abomination (where he seems better suited), but the Katana and Boomerang look great (and Red Hood too). Not too thrilled about the tank either, so hoping for a big clearance!

However, the Harley Quinn/Deadshot set will be great when we get it (pending our review of the movie).

You can tell I hope the movie is good, and appropriate for my kid to see, and I won't buy the sets unless at least on of those things is true.

The SDCC minifigure giveaway today was a bit of a disaster this year. This is probably the 5th year I've tried for them, and it was the most frustrating yet. I got in line over an hour early, but once they opened for some reason we all moved at a snails pace- probably 10 feet every 10 minutes. After almost 3 hours of waiting, they ran out of figures and disbanded the line before even half of us got a chance to get to the raffle. The last few years everything moved much more quickly, so even if they did run out you didn't waste more than an hour or so of the day. Finding a quarter of the day gone without even a chance at the figure was pretty disappointing.

I still say the best system was from a few years ago when Lego would scan badges at their booth throughout the day and put the winning badges on a screen at the end of the day. This way you never had to wait and everyone was guaranteed a chance at winning

The SDCC minifigure giveaway today was a bit of a disaster this year. This is probably the 5th year I've tried for them, and it was the most frustrating yet. I got in line over an hour early, but once they opened for some reason we all moved at a snails pace- probably 10 feet every 10 minutes. After almost 3 hours of waiting, they ran out of figures and disbanded the line before even half of us got a chance to get to the raffle. The last few years everything moved much more quickly, so even if they did run out you didn't waste more than an hour or so of the day. Finding a quarter of the day gone without even a chance at the figure was pretty disappointing.

I still say the best system was from a few years ago when Lego would scan badges at their booth throughout the day and put the winning badges on a screen at the end of the day. This way you never had to wait and everyone was guaranteed a chance at winning

It's surprising how less desirable/detailed figures have such a low quantity. Sorry to hear of your line misfortune

I've read elsewhere that the problem was with how they handled entry into the Sails area (where, for those of you that don't know, is where they are distributing the tickets and/or raffles).

There were orderly lines, and some people had gotten there around 10 PM last night. But once they had opened up the Sails area, it became a free for all, with people running to the lines they wanted to go to. But, not only that, there's an area behind the Convention Center where people were milling about, and once the Sails area opened up, people from out there could also rush the Sails area.

So, basically, there was a *ton* of line cutting as people that had just waited a few minutes just outside the Sails area, were able to get into the Sails area before people that had been waiting in those orderly lines.

Hopefully there's some discussion at the Comic Con "Talk Back" panel this afternoon, and the problem gets addressed tomorrow. Otherwise, this problem is going to be there all weekend long.

Am I the only person disappointed that the figure for Gotham City Break Out was Nightwing... He appeared for one second in a flashback... Same with Trickster, don't get me wrong I was really happy about getting him but like Cheetah and Giganta were in the movie much longer... Also did I miss it or has there been confirmation of the next animated movie and who we might expect?

Am I the only person disappointed that the figure for Gotham City Break Out was Nightwing... He appeared for one second in a flashback... Same with Trickster, don't get me wrong I was really happy about getting him but like Cheetah and Giganta were in the movie much longer... Also did I miss it or has there been confirmation of the next animated movie and who we might expect?

I've never been a fan of 'red' Nightwing so I'm glad to have the proper 'blue' version. However I agree, I would have preferred a different minifigure. The DVD figures are a nice way to get hold of a character that might not see the light of day otherwise, and there's a good chance Nightwing will be in a DC/Batman set in the future. Cheetah would have been a great choice, or Commissioner Gordon perhaps.

I'm really glad they had the blue night wing. I never really watched any of the shows with the red nightwing and honestly didn't know who he was when my son got the figure with the bat copter/man bat set. But I've since watched all of the DC shared universe animated movies so the blue nightwing is the one I recognized more so than most of the fans who've followed DC for years. Only thing I feel a little guilty about is buying the DVD for my son, but keeping the figure for myself.

I like the Blue Nightwing too, don't get me wrong. But I already had one from 2008. But I feel like he would be a very simple and easy inclusion into a set. Meanwhile we still have never gotten a Commissioner Gordon figure.... I know with the Lego Batman Movie coming out we might... But ever since I saw him in the first Lego Batman Videogame I've wanted him. And seeing how he actually was in the movie and spoke... Even Batzarro, Guy Gardner would have been better or even Desaad!

He's in the Dark Knight Rises set.

Oops sorry, I meant real Commissioner Gordon. One that is actually older with the gray hair and mustache. In the brown suit like from the Animated Series.