just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Saw BvS last night and just WOW. It makes me really wish that we were getting a fourth set. It also makes me long for a more accurate Batman head, one with eyes and stubble. Also surprised to find out that the Batwing set isn't the Mandarin's Flaming Golf Cart I thought it'd be. No spoilers, but there is, in fact, a helicopter in this movie! :tongue:

Thankfully the one in the movie actually looks like a helicopter. :grin:

I hear you on that fourth set part. I loved the film and I wish we had gotten Doomsday.

I have a feeling that if the new LEGO Batman movie isn't the focus of the DC Comics winter wave next year, we'll finally get Doomsday in a bigger set.

This is interesting, it looks like they're going to make an activity book with a minifigure this year. They never do this with superheroes, I always see activity books for action themes however. It'll be interesting to see what they do with this.

This is interesting, it looks like they're going to make an activity book with a minifigure this year. They never do this with superheroes, I always see activity books for action themes however. It'll be interesting to see what they do with this.

Err... Where'd you see or find this out? Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

It said it's coming next August (if Google Translate is up to snuff) so it's not Raven, who's supposed to come this year. Maybe Saturn Girl? Whoever it is, I'm certainly excited to find out!

It said it's coming next August (if Google Translate is up to snuff) so it's not Raven, who's supposed to come this year. Maybe Saturn Girl? Whoever it is, I'm certainly excited to find out!

It's coming this year: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1338047442?tag=amazon0f3-21

We all hope for new minifigure, but it could be a rehash of superman or batman.

Knightmare Batman would be a welcome additon, but I sense him being in a blister pack at an event later this year (one we cannot name).

Knightmare Batman would be a welcome additon, but I sense him being in a blister pack at an event later this year (one we cannot name).

Ooh, that would make sense to be the exclusive for this year's event that people dislike.

Mmm....it does indeed lol - but I really like that hair on Nightwing too - I've been trying to have different hairpieces (or better looking ones) on all my hero minifigs, and I especially don't like Tim Drake and Nightwing having the same hair - any other ideas for what hair I could use on Nightwing? I like the 'looser' look of the BvS Superman hair, but yeah, that piece does look really good on Plas lol

EDIT: Does the hair Freddy from the Scooby Doo line uses come in black, or is only the blonde variation for him?

I don't think Freddy's hair comes in black but I could be wrong. I used the old Robin hair, the side swept one, for Plastic Man and it looks decent.

Activity books don't come with exclusives, unless I missed something

I don't know if they do or not, but this one mentions a buildable minifigure in the description. Whether or not it's exclusive is beyond me.

There was a LEGO Movie activity book that came with a Robo SWAT. Maybe the book won't have an exclusive then....

Edited by Ashnflash

Activity books don't come with exclusives, unless I missed something

I believe that has been true so far, but you never know until we have confirmation of what it is.

I read not long ago that when Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hits video it'll have an alternate, extended cut (30 extra minutes), and that that cut will be R-rated (!). It occurs to me that would make this movie the first R-rated movie to have LEGO sets based on it (!!).

I can't help but wonder whether TLG is happy about that - presumably they didn't produce their sets with any idea the movie they were associated with would eventually have a version with that rating...

I read not long ago that when Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hits video it'll have an alternate, extended cut (30 extra minutes), and that that cut will be R-rated (!). It occurs to me that would make this movie the first R-rated movie to have LEGO sets based on it (!!).

I can't help but wonder whether TLG is happy about that - presumably they didn't produce their sets with any idea the movie they were associated with would eventually have a version with that rating...

The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies also had an R-rated extended edition so there is a precedent.

Also, although I'd like a Doomsday bigfig I'd much prefer a comic version, might be a bit more likely as well.

Well, the activity book is based on space. I can't see them putting Space suit Batman in there with his wings. I'm hoping for an exclusive as well, but I'd be open to Green Lantern too.

The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies also had an R-rated extended edition so there is a precedent.

Ooh, I hadn't realized the extended cut of that was R-rated. I can't imagine TLG is too happy about that, either (or that the originally-intended two movies were further split and expanded into three, of course). I wonder whether that was a contributing factor to the Middle-Earth theme(s) having less longevity than some of us initially hoped and expected, and if so, what that means for the DC theme...

Also, although I'd like a Doomsday bigfig I'd much prefer a comic version, might be a bit more likely as well.

Yeah, if you want the movie version, just buy the Cave Troll from LOTR.

I agree though, the final form in the film was nothing like the comic book form he should have been (its the one from the trailers guys)

Edited by Quicksilver838

Yeah, if you want the movie version, just buy the Cave Troll from LOTR. I agree though, the final form in the film was nothing like he should have been (its the one from the trailers guys)

Thanks for using a spoiler tag, buddy. Love getting spoiled by people who can't shut their mouths or use the appropriate feature for it. Makes my day.

I haven't seen BvS yet but I still think a Knightmare set would have been excellent. But that's well beyond us now...

Well I don't see why TLG would even care. If the sets make money, then TLG had done their jobs. Plenty of people are seeing the new film, and the LEGO sets should sell pretty well. Heck, LEGO made Deadpool, and his movie was rated R.

Do we know anything about the rest of the minifigures in the Rescue from Ra's Al Ghul set?

Batman, Ra's, and Talia so far.