just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

That's enough talk about Scarface... :hmpf_bad:

Until we get some actual confirmation, take it over to the wishlist thread please. Too quickly people confuse name drops to mean fact--and then we get pages of way off topic conversations about who is more popular (Duh, Scarface > Calendar Man, we need to debate that? :wacko:), or what non-confirmed set which non-confirmed character will (not!) be appearing in.

To reiterate the limits of this thread: DO NOT post lists of characters you hope to see, or wished set "ideas", and exclude conversations that clearly do not belong here--such as comparing the popularity of characters.

Thanks!

I don't know if anyone posted this but the instructions now show how to get your minifigures out of the super-jumpers. It's funny how LEGO saw all the complaints and tried to fix it.

Just an idea, the new Captain Marvel head looks pretty Red Hood esque in my opinion, just remove the flesh part and voila its Red Hood.

That would definitely look a lot better than my current one where I took the mouth off of red skull

Sitting here, twiddling my thumbs until the 60s Batcave and Funko DC Collector Corps are both officially announced. I know they're coming... But when?! By the way, where did the price come from for the Batcave? The more I look at the leaked photos, the more inclined I am to believe it will be clear to $200 than $270. Unless it's confirmed 270, in which case ignore me.

In more relevant news to 2016; the Wonder Woman minifig is spectacular! As is Batfleck. Superman, Lex and Lois are all somewhat disappointing, but overall the set is fun so far, 2 bags in. The Batwing feels really chunky to hold, and it doesn't even have its wings on yet. Would recommend this set.

Edited by JaHawk2009

Sitting here, twiddling my thumbs until the 60s Batcave and Funko DC Collector Corps are both officially announced. I know they're coming... But when?! By the way, where did the price come from for the Batcave? The more I look at the leaked photos, the more inclined I am to believe it will be clear to $200 than $270. Unless it's confirmed 270, in which case ignore me.

Price came from official Lego sources, as $270 with over 2,500 (which for this licensed theme would sadly NOT render a set of this size at $200 :cry_sad:) As for photos, an email to Brickset informed them the set would be officially revealed to all quite soon (and that was a week or so ago!). So keep hold on your interests, it's coming my friend!

Price came from official Lego sources, as $270 with over 2,500 (which for this licensed theme would sadly NOT render a set of this size at $200 :cry_sad:) As for photos, an email to Brickset informed them the set would be officially revealed to all quite soon (and that was a week or so ago!). So keep hold on your interests, it's coming my friend!

Hmm. As it goes, I could actually afford the $270 tag - though not sure how I'd explain that one to the missus. Would be far and away the priciest set I've ever bought. It's a balancing act, this Lego collecting, and there's a reason I've been in my Dark Ages for a while. Already given up on Star Wars after 4 months because I've been priced out of it - here's hoping Superheroes doesn't follow suit.

Hmm. As it goes, I could actually afford the $270 tag - though not sure how I'd explain that one to the missus. Would be far and away the priciest set I've ever bought. It's a balancing act, this Lego collecting, and there's a reason I've been in my Dark Ages for a while. Already given up on Star Wars after 4 months because I've been priced out of it - here's hoping Superheroes doesn't follow suit.

Jinkies, man. This is quite possibly the priciest year for Super Heroes sets. :sceptic: But even just that TV Batcave is worth it.....

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is even considered relevant but do we have any confirmation that the Lego DC Girls line is even coming? Are we still expecting a sub-theme for the upcoming tv show, or was that not an actual rumor and just wishful thinking on behalf of some online users? Hopefully it is coming and it isn't going to include minidolls, I really want new female figures that are compatible with my old figures, I'm not a fan of minidolls. It'd be a shame if the theme included minidolls because the only female figures we're getting next year are Wonder Woman, Lois Lane and Harley Quinn.... all figures we've received before. Here's to hoping we see some new figures next year, Marvel's getting 2 that we know of so far (Captain Marvel and Agent 13) not to mention that DC is getting less sets, and they all include Batman.... AGAIN :ugh:

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is even considered relevant but do we have any confirmation that the Lego DC Girls line is even coming? Are we still expecting a sub-theme for the upcoming tv show, or was that not an actual rumor and just wishful thinking on behalf of some online users? Hopefully it is coming and it isn't going to include minidolls, I really want new female figures that are compatible with my old figures, I'm not a fan of minidolls. It'd be a shame if the theme included minidolls because the only female figures we're getting next year are Wonder Woman, Lois Lane and Harley Quinn.... all figures we've received before. Here's to hoping we see some new figures next year, Marvel's getting 2 that we know of so far (Captain Marvel and Agent 13) not to mention that DC is getting less sets, and they all include Batman.... AGAIN :ugh:

The dc superheroes girls are coming. And don't you mean this year? not next year haha.

Edited by amazingbricks

Do you know when and what types of sets we will be getting?

Don't know when exactly, but they are coming. Most likely in the summer wave, which would explain the 2 regular DC sets coming out while marvel has 4 sets in the summer.

Edited by amazingbricks

Don't know when exactly, but they are coming. Most likely in the summer wave, which would explain the 2 regular DC sets coming out while marvel has 4 sets in the summer.

Thank you.

Brilliant news - here's hoping they're minifigs; it'll give a chance to collect some more obscure characters! And here's also hoping they don't look out of place next to regular figures, like Clone Wars did next to Star Wars movie sets.

Bat fans won't have much longer to wait for the official reveal of the '66 Batcave. Mere Bat hours, I believe.

HOLY HD PHOTOS BATMAN!!

Heheheheh brilliant! Eagerly awaiting HD images of this, especially the mini-figures. Because I know that seeing them is going to tip me over the edge and force me to buy the set on release day.

HOLY HD PHOTOS BATMAN!!

Heheheheh brilliant! Eagerly awaiting HD images of this, especially the mini-figures. Because I know that seeing them is going to tip me over the edge and force me to buy the set on release day.

Arg, exactly this! It feels like Christmas again. Except I misplaced my calendar and I'm not certain exactly how soon it is.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what we get for the DC Superhero Girls stuff. I mean, I'll probably wind up being disappointed, but in the mean time..! I just hope that Lego understands the minidoll criticism, or at least that if they do superhero minidolls the Internet will go apes*** (I can practically read the Mary Sue article now). I'm not crazy about all of the designs, but it's different enough for me to have some interest, and there's a lot of characters that wouldn't get much chance in a set any other way.

Really looking forward to seeing these images, I hope Mr. Freeze gets revealed too.

There have been hi-res images of Mr Freeze revealed already. Looking forward to the Batcave set images in hi-res though – was hoping for a new sculpted cowl, but it looks like the chinless version with paint applications - does appear to be double-moulded legs though. And a classic Robin in green pants and short sleeves is long overdue.

The vehicles look nice - would have liked a shark and can of shark repellent added for use with the helicopter, and I'm hoping they might do the Batboat as a seperate boxed set at some point - it's the only vehicle left... maybe the boat with Batman and Robin and the buoy they get magnetically stuck to in the movie.

Also, managed to get to the Lego shop this morning and picked up a couple of BvS sets... Clash of Heroes, and Kryptonite Interception... both look superb to me, will build them later when my son finishes school. :grin:

I had forgotten about the DC girls theme. That's probably why we didn't get Batgirl in the Batcave. I guess she'll appear in one of those sets instead. Which is even worse because not only is there a risk of her being a mini-doll, but also the designs for that show will probably be used (And those designs are awful).