just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I'm just gonna say this now, if LEGO decide to make Reverse Flash a SDCC exclusive or some other fair or whatever I will officially die. Or worse. That is worse than murder in my book. You can't make my favourite DC character one of those SDCC exclusives. I always get nervous when it comes to SDCC, always in fear that he'll be an exclusive. They just need to make a set from the CW Series with The Flash, Reverse Flash, Zoom, Firestorm and Jay Garrick and I'll die happy. What would be cooler is a UCS S.T.A.R Labs with Team Flash (including Harrison Wells) and all the figs I listed above. No matter the price, I will get it. It can be £100 or £300, I don't care. I will buy it. I will buy it on release day.

Where are you getting Reserve Flash being an exclusive from? :S

Nowhere. But if they make him one something bad will happen to me. They cannot do that to me. I'll cry.

For me I couldn't stop myself, it's sheer awesomeness got the better of me. However there were some literally painful parts of that build. And I can see those figures being worth A LOT in the coming years. Even when this set doesn't seem to be retired they seem to be racking up £20-£30 in some cases, so who knows what they'll be worth in 5-10 years, especially the Joker fig. That could be worth some insane amounts of money. Especially due to it being so detailed and in a pricey set, which is a D2C and not exactly in mass production like normal sets due to the price and amount of pieces.

It looks the Tumbler has actually been retired now (I just looked out of curiosity to buy one instead of the new Batcave) - so looks like that Joker is gonna continue to shoot up.

It looks the Tumbler has actually been retired now (I just looked out of curiosity to buy one instead of the new Batcave) - so looks like that Joker is gonna continue to shoot up.

Weird, considering it hasn't done it's 2 years yet. It was a 2014 summer set, so I would've thought it would've retired either this summer or retired when the 2017 sets were released.

Weird, considering it hasn't done it's 2 years yet. It was a 2014 summer set, so I would've thought it would've retired either this summer or retired when the 2017 sets were released.

Definitely retired, at least in the UK.

http://shop.lego.com...e-Tumbler-76023

Somewhat fortunately for me, as I could have easily been tempted into it, despite not really having display space for it.

If the D2C Batcave is really that expensive, I might just pick up Jokerland to satisfy my craving for a big DC set.

Edited by JaHawk2009

Well for those of you who can't justify the price point, at least it doesn't come with any new characters. Other than alfred, depending on if you have him or not...

Definitely retired, at least in the UK.

http://shop.lego.com...e-Tumbler-76023

Somewhat fortunately for me, as I could have easily been tempted into it, despite not really having display space for it.

If the D2C Batcave is really that expensive, I might just pick up Jokerland to satisfy my craving for a big DC set.

LEGO has done this a lot recently with DC sets. The Darkside Invasion, Brainiac Attack and Black Manta set have all been discontinued 1 year after being released. I hope this isn't the start of a new trend with superhero LEGO sets.

Edited by Sam892

Hopefully I'm not a fan of classic Batman, so I wouldn't be upset because of inability to buy Batcave. It's price is really huge (if it's 270$).

They keep releasing more and more and more sets each year, so they prolly have to cut down on carrying over old sets and giving them new production runs to make up for that.

I'd be in at around $199, maybe a little more. I hope LEGO's attempts to drive up prices to ridiculous amounts eventually bites them hard. $270 is absurd for this.

It looks alright I think. I'm not a huge fan of the '66 series, I'll probably pass. The huge studded wall is awful, but the top office and the outside of the manor look great. Is this the first Batcave to include part of Wayne Manor? :look:

I completely agree. Not sure on the whole Wayne Manor thing, but I like the addition of it.

It is indeed Wayne Manor, and my favorite part of the set, as you can physically slide back the bookshelf and send them down into the Batcave. I wonder if there's a two-stage stopper mechanism to halt the civvies and deploy the superheroes? That would really add to it, and the box shows Dick and Bruce going in, but Batman and Robin coming down.

The Batcave looks AMAZING! Of course it's a little different then what I imagined but still looks spectacular. I personally am not bothered by the "studded" walls. But this set does have its flaws: I would've much rather gotten Batgirl than Bruce and Dick and Batman doesn't have that new cowl from the game (that would've looked awesome on Black Panther). But I will definitely getting this set.

P.S. I know I'm a little late to the party so all the images are taken down but they are everywhere now so I luckily got to see it.

If the $270 price tag is correct, I will have to wait a bit before I can even consider this...and I really wanted GB HQ, too. :wink: I grew up in the late 1980s/early 1990s, and the old TV show was on reruns. I watched it all the time, so I have a particular interest in the show. The vehicles in it look great, though the Batboat is noticeably absent. At least we got the Bat Copter, Batcycle and the Batmobile! I'm pretty excited about the minifigures, too.

Finally pics for my most anticipated DC 2016 set are out! Can't see it too well but here are my thoughts. The builds are mixed, the batcopter, batcycle, power generator, and study look fantastic. I'm unsure of the batmobile as of yet. Overall I'm not a fan of how they chose to build the cave parts, especially that ugly studs out wall. Interesting how they chose to pay attention to the back of the set though. However the biggest draw for me, as I'm sure is the case for most of us, is the minifigures, which we can't judge yet.I hope we get better pictures soon.

Edited by Commissioner Gordon

LEGO's DC Sets are becoming more and more expensive. We've got a £55 set, a $70 set, a $90 set and a presumed $270 set. I'm really going to struggle forking over the money.

The price is scaring me. Although, only hardcore fans will get this day one. I see some cool things in this set, but I don't plan on getting it. Like I said, only hardcore fans will want this. I know we're adults on here, but who honestly grew up with this series who's on this site?

What are the yellow technic bricks behind the stud wall under wayne mannor, there is some kind of costume swap mechanism (see back of the box) or is it just my wishful thinking?

It is indeed Wayne Manor, and my favorite part of the set, as you can physically slide back the bookshelf and send them down into the Batcave. I wonder if there's a two-stage stopper mechanism to halt the civvies and deploy the superheroes? That would really add to it, and the box shows Dick and Bruce going in, but Batman and Robin coming down.

Wow, that would be an awesome feature, I can't wait to find out if it's in place

Ah, damn! I missed yet another reveal!

I hate having to go to work because I'm bound to miss something.

Don't panic, the Brick Alliance still has pictures :wink:

Edited by Bob De Quatre
Removed picture link