just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I would really hope he's a new variant, but Poison Ivy seems to show that LEGO will be willing to reuse a minifigure time and time again.

I would really hope he's a new variant, but Poison Ivy seems to show that LEGO will be willing to reuse a minifigure time and time again.

Yes. At least twice :grin:

Personally I don't really have a problem with figures being reused. Not everyone (and certainly not the main target audience, which isn't us) has the ability to buy every set and expects each figure to be a unique variant. There's clearly a balance to be struck between growing the character roster and keeping key figures available though.

Maybe we might get a Ra's Al Ghoul fig in the Croc set? If it's a hideout/team up scenario that would make sense. Be cooler then getting the ventriloquist. :hmpf: I think I'd take Calender man before him

As I own the orange-purple Two-Face I would welcome a black and white one. Well, IF there is indeed a figure of him included.

I'm still waiting on a Ra's Al Ghul. I'd prefer his design to be based off his Arkham Series appearance, as I didn't like his design in LB2, nor his LB3 TDK pack variant. Especially if they did arm printing of his weird light-up tattoos, that would be awesome. I'd happily see a new Two-Face, as I don't like toe Orange-Purple look. I don't know where they got that from. Hope to see the standard Black-White Two-Face next time he pops up. I still feel cheated with that Mr Freeze figure. An Arkham-based Freeze isn't complete without the red goggles.

I'm still waiting on a Ra's Al Ghul. I'd prefer his design to be based off his Arkham Series appearance, as I didn't like his design in LB2, nor his LB3 TDK pack variant. Especially if they did arm printing of his weird light-up tattoos, that would be awesome. I'd happily see a new Two-Face, as I don't like toe Orange-Purple look. I don't know where they got that from. Hope to see the standard Black-White Two-Face next time he pops up. I still feel cheated with that Mr Freeze figure. An Arkham-based Freeze isn't complete without the red goggles.

In his original appearance in Detective Comics #66 in 1941, Two-Face wore orange and purple and I think continued to early on in the comics. But I do agree I much prefer the black and white version like in the Animated Series. I too would love to see a Ra's Al Ghul figure. I like his appearance in the Animated Series but the Arkham design is great too. I also agree Mr. Freeze without the goggles didn't feel right.

While we do get two Catwomen next year, I don't expect another Mr. Freeze. He just doesn't seem to fit. Honestly, for the Scarecrow set, I'm half-expecting another Man-Bat.

Wasn't keen on Nightwing's appearance in Man-Bat Attack. My Arkham Skin knowledge tells me that is based off the New 52, and I wasn't keen on it. I'd like to see the return of blue bird-boy. Wait, speaking of which, could Nightwing be in one of these sets? The sets are both Batman, and are $70 and $90/$130, which leaves a lot of space for a few Bat-Family figs. I'm expectign Robin, maybe Batgirl? I really hope we see Nightwing in one of the sets, I think he'd be better suited in the Croc set, but that's just my opinion.

FYI.... Target has raised the online price of the Heroes of Justice (Batwing) set to $59.99. However, when I was in Target (YMMV) this morning picking up a bluray, the sets in-store were still $49.99. Those still interested in this (and the Avenjet) may want to make a trip to Target before the prices on both of these sets are changed in-store as well.

Edited by Cmay91472

I genuinely think England is in some form of LEGO vortex. No supermarket, toy store, Argos or even Amazon has the new sets listed. It's ridiculous now. It's the 5th of January and none of the sets have been added to the websites, and I not living in a city with a Toys 'R' Us, Smyths or LEGO Store round the corner is really causing a problem. Should've just ordered the set off S@H on New Years Day, it'd be here by now.

I genuinely think England is in some form of LEGO vortex. No supermarket, toy store, Argos or even Amazon has the new sets listed. It's ridiculous now. It's the 5th of January and none of the sets have been added to the websites, and I not living in a city with a Toys 'R' Us, Smyths or LEGO Store round the corner is really causing a problem. Should've just ordered the set off S@H on New Years Day, it'd be here by now.

I haven't seen them at a TRU or Smyths since the release date. Fortunately I live a couple of miles from a Lego store. Seems to be the only place to pick them up at the moment. I think patience will be rewarded though as once other retailers get them we'll get the odd price reduction. I'm hoping for the Batmobile to drop around £23 before picking it up... that often happens for £30 sets.

I haven't seen them at a TRU or Smyths since the release date. Fortunately I live a couple of miles from a Lego store. Seems to be the only place to pick them up at the moment. I think patience will be rewarded though as once other retailers get them we'll get the odd price reduction. I'm hoping for the Batmobile to drop around £23 before picking it up... that often happens for £30 sets.

While that's true, this is ridiculous now. It's 5 days now after it's release date, and I doubt the word 2016 DC LEGO has been uttered in any other store than LEGO. It's really p*ssing me off how I've had to wait 5-6 months since knowing these were coming out to have to wait even longer because no British retailer has got their a*s in gear. What is it? Is it not meant to be available until it's a week late or something? Very salty (angry) about the whole thing now.

I mean, look at both American versions of both Amazon and TRU. All 3 sets are on both teh American sites. But here? Nope. I don't even know why I'm surprised. We always get things late. Gotham's past it's mid-season finale in America and S2 hasn't even started here, and all the CW shows are a week later here and everything else you can damn think of is usually later here. I like the UK, but this is one of its biggest push factors.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

Although I understand the frustration at the lack of Lego on the storefront shelves (heck my Target start placing Nerf guns in the empty Lego isle! :grin: ), this is really not the place for that discussion.

Let's focus on the sets themselves shall we?

Incidentally in the meantime, let's not get too far into speculation either. Listing names is fun, but we can do that in the wishlist thread please. :thumbup:

Do you think we could see red robin?

Batman sells, and new variants of his sidekicks make the sets more interesting. I sure hope so! Having a Robin who flies would make sense, and look awesome!

I'd like to see a new variant for Robin, most of his designs are boring. But a Red Robin sounds good, but it'd require a new mould I believe.

Anarky, Hugo Strange, Catman, Ventriloquist, Calandar Man, Clayface 1 to 3, KGBeast, MadHatter, Killer Moth, Grundy, Red Hood, There's just too many.

Didn't Nemo just say listing names belongs to the other thread? ;-)

I am overall quite surprised that all the summer sets (not only DC, but other themes, too) seem all to be very pricey. Not sure I like that! But the names are promising for now!

Personally I don't really have a problem with figures being reused. Not everyone (and certainly not the main target audience, which isn't us) has the ability to buy every set and expects each figure to be a unique variant. There's clearly a balance to be struck between growing the character roster and keeping key figures available though.

Yep, same here. Also I need the figures to be released at a slow enough rate that I can get as many of the possible variants as I like without going broke. :tongue:

Edited by BrickHat

I'd like to see a new variant for Robin, most of his designs are boring. But a Red Robin sounds good, but it'd require a new mould I believe.

New 52 red robin doesn't have the black mask and I actually quite like the design

Edited by Hexagonical_waffles

So on topic in the video that Just2Good made on Youtube he talks about the Scarecrow set as if it is going to contain the Scarecrow minifigure from the Asylum set so we probably won't get any new Scarecrow design, tbh I was kinda expecting this as it is very rare for Lego to remake a villain in such a short amount of time.

While we do get two Catwomen next year, I don't expect another Mr. Freeze.

Is this just a guess, or was 66 Catwoman confirmed?

Is this just a guess, or was 66 Catwoman confirmed?

Pretty sure she'll be in the 66 Batcave.