just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Just watched Just2goods video on the sets (hey, better late than never) and he said it could (the keyword here is could) be a $130 set.

There's no guarantee it will be, but anyways, I'm not sure I like the idea of another expensive set like that after Jokerland last year, but it could mean even more figures (that will undoubtedly be rehashes) than we first thought.

Edit: Talking about Killer Croc: Havoc in the Sewer.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I wouldn't be too keen on a $130 price point. That translates I believe to £100-£110 here in the UK, which is a bit much for me. I'd only buy it if the figs and build are worth it. Most sets I usually buy for it being Batman and looking cool, but that's a bit too far. I can see a big fig version of him as well, which as much as I want it, I wouldn't mind a standard 1:1 figure, reminiscent of its 2006 counterpart.

Bane_animated.jpg

On the topic of the Mighty Micros, that Bane fig also has the ring of a BTAS base, like Batman and on reflection, Robin too.

Picked up the Clash of Heroes set today (76044) and was very pleasantly surprised with the build. Short, but enjoyable. After spending 2015 buying into Lego Star Wars in a big way, and ignoring Superheroes in the process, I am well and truly back on-board with the DC range as of this set.

Clash of the Heroes is a great little set. I think part to the appeal is the armor variant, and the glow in the dark eyes..

But the way, DC is selling the Killer Croc action figure from TAS with a Baby Doll figure. Who knows? Maybe DC likes her enough that we will see her.

Where'd you pick it up from JaHawk2009? A LEGO Store or a normal retailer... If it's a normal retailer... which one?!?! I need an Armored Batman.

Where'd you pick it up from JaHawk2009? A LEGO Store or a normal retailer... If it's a normal retailer... which one?!?! I need an Armored Batman.

I picked it up from the Lego Store (will be going back next week for the Wonder Woman set) but I saw it in Asda last week here in the UK.

Clash of the Heroes is a great little set. I think part to the appeal is the armor variant, and the glow in the dark eyes..

Mine doesn't glow in the dark - I didn't even realise that was a selling point.

Edited by JaHawk2009

Clash of the Heroes is a great little set. I think part to the appeal is the armor variant, and the glow in the dark eyes.

Just built this set. Initially got one for my son when I was getting the Batwing set. Saw his after he built it and decided I needed one!

Super Hero Staredown

My poor attempt at trying to make it look like the bat signal shining on a hovering superman.

Also... This is the first time since I've been collecting the super hero sets based on their movie counterparts that I thoroughly enjoyed building all of the sets in the series when there were/are multiple sets released. It always seemed like there was at least a dud or two but not with the BvS sets.

Edited by Cmay91472

I could see a new version of Poison Ivy included with Scarecrow. The harvest part of the set name could be a tip off to a plant based villain after all.

That would be amazing!

Is there an explanation concerning why Batman has darker skin lately??I mean expect the Black Manta and the Clash of the Heroes sets.

Printing light flesh on dark pieces is incredibly difficult to get right.

Printing light flesh on dark pieces is incredibly difficult to get right.

But as I already mentioned before the Black Manta version has an lighter color.Why can't the rest of them??

Is there an explanation concerning why Batman has darker skin lately??I mean expect the Black Manta and the Clash of the Heroes sets.

Lego switched from using light flesh colored heads to printing a light flesh face onto a black colored head, because of the new cowl piece.

I picked it up from the Lego Store (will be going back next week for the Wonder Woman set) but I saw it in Asda last week here in the UK.

Mine doesn't glow in the dark - I didn't even realise that was a selling point.

Asda? Well I'll be sure to take a look there sometime soon, but my Asda don't sell a lot of LEGO. I'm surprised Argos doesn't have it up yet, I really want that little set, and Argos is usually quick on the ball with these things.

Killer Croc? That's cool. I guess that means that my 2006 version will decrease in price. Not that it matters really, I don't keep my LEGO for economic value. My Croc will ,however, be leaving my "Collectible" display case if that's so. :laugh:

Unlikely Actor Builder, it'll probably keep going up in value over the years. Now that a new Croc will be out, it's likely its value will sky-rocket over time, and will be a vintage figure in a few years, perhaps worth hundreds. So if you're one who likes selling things on then I'd hold on to it for now, as I can see that figure being in higher demand so it's vintage aspects (no back printing, other minor features, perhaps only minifig-scale Croc etc.) may make this figure one valuable piece in a couple of years. Like the 2013 Scarecrow if they do a new variant.

So, is the Arkham design the new mainstream version of Killer Croc? Because I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series, and remember Croc being only a tad taller than the average person in that :sceptic:

Edited by Sir Gareth

So, is the Arkham design the new mainstream version of Killer Croc? Because I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series, and remember Croc being only a tad taller than the average person in that :sceptic:

Exactly, I can still easily see lego making croc a Minifigure. Then maybe we can get grundy as a bigfig. (Can anyone tell I want to see Solomon grundy?)

Somehow I doubt that we'll get the Arkham version of Killer Croc,I mean it's not like Lego has ever made anything Arkham related.But I really hope that we'll get a big fig Croc since the set is expensive.

Edited by LOTR34

Somehow I doubt that we'll get the Arkham version of Killer Croc,I mean it's not like Lego has ever made anything Arkham related.But I really hope that we'll get a big fig Croc since the set is expensive.

The 2013 Mr. Freeze and 2013 Robin were both based on their Arkham counterparts.

Probably. People seem to be coming more and more obsessed with the big figs, and find them much cooler than regular figs. As much as I like the Arkham Series (HUGE FAN HERE), I don't really like his design. I'd really prefer them to keep it minifig-scale with Croc. Big-figs aren't always needed with some figures, and Croc is one of those. And Commish, I can really tell you like our friend Grundy. I like Reverse-Flash, just what a guy that is. Hopefully that isn't it for the Summer Wave, because more Bat-goodness would be great. All but one of the comic-based (non-movie) sets are pretty pricey, which is annoying, because I can't spend all my pennies on LEGO.

And please say I'm not the only one who's done this. I've got some sticky pads and stuck minifig stands to my wall. Then I can put my favourite minfigs on my wall. Like a wall of fame I guess, which I put my most bad-megablocks and rare figures on. At the moment I've got The Trickster, Martian Manhunter (76040) and Brainiac, with my Tumber minifigs on it's little display stand on my bedside table, otherwise they'd be up there. Anyone else got this? Or at least a special display stand or something?

The 2013 Mr. Freeze and 2013 Robin were both based on their Arkham counterparts.

As was The Penguin from the 2014 set (76010).

Lego switched from using light flesh colored heads to printing a light flesh face onto a black colored head, because of the new cowl piece.

The problem I see is LEGO not really caring about it. Customisers can get that straight looking good with a waaaay lower budget.

Could Killer Croc be similar to TMNT's Leatherhead fig, minifig legs and a bulkier piece for the torso and head? Maybe even the same piece repainted? Bigger than a minifig, smaller than a bigfig (although preferably with jaws that open); seems ideal for Killer Croc. I was considering getting that fig anyway as my own Croc before this was announced.