just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I can finally get scarecrow and killer croc?? YUSSSSS!!!! A little pricey though, so let's hope there's good minifigure selection. Hopefully we see raven in here somewhere as well :D

I know certain members of EB really want that missing Teen Titans minifig, and for their sake, I hope they get it. Those Teen Titans were never my favorite version, though. I always liked the evolved Young Justice crew.

Yes, please!

On the topic of the 1966 Batcave, I hope that the Riddler (if he even is included) has this outfit instead of the one seen in LB3. I'm pretty sure it was Frank Gorshin who came up with this outfit for the character, and the spandex version already looks similar to two of the Riddler minifigures already released.

On the topic of the 1966 Batcave, I hope that the Riddler (if he even is included) has this outfit instead of the one seen in LB3. I'm pretty sure it was Frank Gorshin who came up with this outfit for the character, and the spandex version already looks similar to two of the Riddler minifigures already released.

Ah, Frank Gorshin Riddler! I hope this set is gigantic, with tons of figures! Just give us everyone and be done with it! Not like we'll ever see '66 Batman LEGO every again...

My fondest wish is to be able to see Cesar Romero's minifig mustache beneath the facepaint. :grin:

In the killer croc set I could see Lego throwing in a Doctor Fate figure possibly since (if I recall correctly) Croc coughed up his helmet in LB3. It would make sense but that's just me being hopeful for some bizarre figs they could throw in the set.

Finally a killer croc! I personally hope he's a big fig, and a new scarecrow sounds good.

On another note I got all three of the BvS sets (the Lego store in Glasgow has all the 2016 sets). I hope the movie is as good as they are.

This is splendid news! Given the price tag it is a given that Croc will be a big-fig while a new Scarecrow set is also very good news as I don't have that minifigure yet. Are we certain that Scarecrow will be a new version of the figure or could it be the same one as the Asylum Breakout? Also given the price tags and more figures being included maybe we will finally get a gray moustache commissioner Gordon figure... or a blue Nightwing redo...

I'd hope for a new Scarecrow but after the reissue of Ivy in Jokerland you never know. Ivy was in a couple of sets before Jokerland though so with Scarecrow only being in Arkham I can see them making a new version... There is always that new witch hat with hair from the CMF line that's been used in various customs of Scarecrow that I could see that being used.

I think after seeing Croc in LB3 I'd hope that it's a bigfig. I know he may not be the same design but it would make a great figure with a hinged jaw and at that price point there's a good chance he's of that scale.

Great to hear that Mr Freeze '66 is a promo bag. Really keeps the fig slots open for the more well known family and villains. From what J2G et al have hinted at I can see it having the cave and maybe part of the house with the batpoles as mentioned along with the Batmobile. If they go for a piece count like the Hellicarrier then I'll continue to hope for something at the scale of the Ewok Village (even thought the HC had many more parts).

There is always that new witch hat with hair from the CMF line that's been used in various customs of Scarecrow that I could see that being used.

While I think the best approach is to assume a straight up redo (to avoid disappointment) I do think that that part in new colours would be amazing for a Scarecrow. Equally they might decide to do a hooded version - wouldn't be as good in my opinion but would be an easy way to do an Arkham Video Game type version (with gas mask printed on the face.)

Kinda strange, that both sets have high price. I'm sure one of them will cost less at the end. For now I'm pretty sure, that I'll take Scarecrow set, especially if the minifig will be same as at Arkham Asylum. I love that minifig, he's really awesome as for me.

Not sure for now about Killer Croc set, cause I don't like bigfigs, but I agree, that he needs to be big, not standart size. Still interesting what other figs will be included in both sets,

And yeah, really sad that we won't see Suicide squad based sets. But maybe Killer Croc one of them?

While I think the best approach is to assume a straight up redo (to avoid disappointment) I do think that that part in new colours would be amazing for a Scarecrow. Equally they might decide to do a hooded version - wouldn't be as good in my opinion but would be an easy way to do an Arkham Video Game type version (with gas mask printed on the face.)

I've still got a custom printed figure of that version and I'd love to replace it with a genuine Lego version but, like you, I'm not sure they'd go that route.

Good news. Been waiting for a new Killer Croc. What I need now is a Clayface bigfig... One can only hope!

Scarecrow set sounds great (I want a new biplane), and I feel fully confident that he'll use the Wacky Witch headgear. That hair is totally straw.

Croc sounds great, too, but I don't expect the LB3 design. If TT creates an original design, LEGO never uses it.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Since the Croc set is $90(ish) we could have a new villain, please be Baby Doll! :3

Baby Doll appeared in two BTAS episodes, and I think she had one comic appearance. I doubt she will have an appearance anytime soon.

Finally a killer croc! I personally hope he's a big fig, and a new scarecrow sounds good.

On another note I got all three of the BvS sets (the Lego store in Glasgow has all the 2016 sets). I hope the movie is as good as they are.

Yeah I hope Croc is a big fig, and hopefully they'll use this set as s chance to give us another Suicide Squad set without it official being one... so maybe include Captain Boomerang or Katana.

In the killer croc set I could see Lego throwing in a Doctor Fate figure possibly since (if I recall correctly) Croc coughed up his helmet in LB3. It would make sense but that's just me being hopeful for some bizarre figs they could throw in the set.

Personally, I don't care what set it would be – I would love a Dr Fate figure!

I'm interested to see how they will manage to make a $90 set out of a sewer. I wonder what the Scarecrow set will be about.

I'm assuming it will be something similar to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sewer set.

Baby Doll appeared in two BTAS episodes, and I think she had one comic appearance. I doubt she will have an appearance anytime soon.

I wouldn't put it past LEGO, though. For companion villains, it could be anyone, really. I'm expecting another Joker in these sets. The Scarecrow set sound like it's in a creepy farm setting, maybe an air chase over a cornfield?

If we get him, that would be two bigfigs in one set (assuming that Croc would be), so it's unlikely.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Wow! These sets sound awesome. I'm more pumped for the Croc set with just the set names because I already have Scarecrow, but if they do a new variant (Arkham Series? PLEASE?!) it'll be top of the list. I'm hoping for some good figs in these sets, as more Batman like THAT is amazing. I'm hoping for some new figs in these, especially the Scarecrow Set. Hopefully Joker and Harley aren't in any of these, as chances are we'll get a Joker in 76052 and Harley's in 76053. Hoping like someone else said for Grundy, which would suit the Croc set, and maybe a new character of some form for Scarecrow. If they based the figs of Arkham Knight (being his most recent major appearance I believe) then I'm down for that set straight away.

If anyone played Batman: Arkham Asylum, then you'll remember the sewer part. I'd love to see them base it off that, but add some figs to suit the set, so Robin, maybe 3 villains (including Croc) and a goon? Then for Scarecrow, I'd expect like Winter Soldier said above some form of farmhouse and crop-duster, obviously laced with traps and the Crop-duster with some cool functions, maybe like the old Biplane from 2007, and the farmhouse maybe a bit like the Funhouse Escape set with all the traps and functions. Like a drop down Scythe or a door that opens that has fear gas canisters on them drop down. But I really hope they don't re-use villains like The Joker, Harley and some other villains we've seen a couple of times. With these Batman sets I'd like to see barely used/new characters to add to the ever growing collection of rogues. We're getting Deadshot this year and had ol' Slade last year in 76034.

And when do you think we'll see these sets? NY Toy Fair? I remember seeing images for 76034 and 76035 last year around mid-late January and the sets were available to look at during the NY Toy Fair in February. Would like to see them then. I'm okay with small waves at Summer, as long as the sets are good and include great figs.

And thanks J2G for the news.

I could see a new version of Poison Ivy included with Scarecrow. The harvest part of the set name could be a tip off to a plant based villain after all.

Wow! These sets sound awesome. I'm more pumped for the Croc set with just the set names because I already have Scarecrow, but if they do a new variant (Arkham Series? PLEASE?!) it'll be top of the list. I'm hoping for some good figs in these sets, as more Batman like THAT is amazing. I'm hoping for some new figs in these, especially the Scarecrow Set. Hopefully Joker and Harley aren't in any of these, as chances are we'll get a Joker in 76052 and Harley's in 76053. Hoping like someone else said for Grundy, which would suit the Croc set, and maybe a new character of some form for Scarecrow. If they based the figs of Arkham Knight (being his most recent major appearance I believe) then I'm down for that set straight away.

If anyone played Batman: Arkham Asylum, then you'll remember the sewer part. I'd love to see them base it off that, but add some figs to suit the set, so Robin, maybe 3 villains (including Croc) and a goon? Then for Scarecrow, I'd expect like Winter Soldier said above some form of farmhouse and crop-duster, obviously laced with traps and the Crop-duster with some cool functions, maybe like the old Biplane from 2007, and the farmhouse maybe a bit like the Funhouse Escape set with all the traps and functions. Like a drop down Scythe or a door that opens that has fear gas canisters on them drop down. But I really hope they don't re-use villains like The Joker, Harley and some other villains we've seen a couple of times. With these Batman sets I'd like to see barely used/new characters to add to the ever growing collection of rogues. We're getting Deadshot this year and had ol' Slade last year in 76034.

And when do you think we'll see these sets? NY Toy Fair? I remember seeing images for 76034 and 76035 last year around mid-late January and the sets were available to look at during the NY Toy Fair in February. Would like to see them then. I'm okay with small waves at Summer, as long as the sets are good and include great figs.

And thanks J2G for the news.

With Joker only available in a $120 set at the moment, it would make sense for them to keep that the only option available to get him.

I could see a new version of Poison Ivy included with Scarecrow. The harvest part of the set name could be a tip off to a plant based villain after all.

Same here, her, Encantress (she's in the SS movie and she had her own Empire cover, so I'm thinking she has an important role and that DC might want to advertise her a bit more) and Grundy make the most sense to me.

Also, am I the only one thinking that a giant zombie would make more sense in the Scarecrow themed set than in a sewer set?

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Also, am I the only one thinking that a giant zombie would make more sense in the Scarecrow themed set than in a sewer set?

Not at all. If i had to put money in him appearing in one it would be the Scarecrow's harvest one. Although in The Long Halloween and maybe even in Dark Victory if i can remember Grundy took solace in the sewers... although to be real i don't see him being included at all. But i guess time will tell huh?

I mean Grundy would fit better in a Scarecrow Set but would feel better in the Croc set. He's an undead zombie, I doubt he'd be living in a barn :grin: