just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I reeeeeally don't like that Green Lantern minifig :(

What are the odds that we'll see one of those space ships they were piloting in the trailer? Or that the minifig in the book could be the weird little Justice Voltron guy at 1:08?

I'm pretty sure Buccaneer Bats is confirmed.

Yup, its definitely going to be pirate Batman. Hey, it's something different and you'll all like it.

Maybe not all, but the action figure does excite me! I think Lego will pull off a minfigure that's pleasing to the masses.

Maybe not all, but the action figure does excite me! I think Lego will pull off a minfigure that's pleasing to the masses.

Yes I would like to see LEGO pull off a bat-Man minifigure combined with a pirate and sell it to everyone. Kids should love it because it's Bat-Man + pirates, guys will like it 'cause they should know who it is, but moms would be like "Who would buy this weird book? It has a figure that looks like my kid mixed up his pirate sets and Bat-Man sets."

Yes I would like to see LEGO pull off a bat-Man minifigure combined with a pirate and sell it to everyone. Kids should love it because it's Bat-Man + pirates, guys will like it 'cause they should know who it is, but moms would be like "Who would buy this weird book? It has a figure that looks like my kid mixed up his pirate sets and Bat-Man sets."

It doesn't look that piratey http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/calgary/1995-legends-of-batman:-buccaneer-batman/1031835812

I like Bat variants but Buccaneer Batman is not anything that I'm interested in. Knightfall Batman (Jean Paul Valley) is much more interesting and I would buy it and an extra in a heartbeat.

It doesn't look that piratey http://www.kijiji.ca...tman/1031835812

It still does a little, plus you know if a kid asks his mom what's a buccaneer she'll say a pirate. After that it doesn't madder what he looks like the kid will be like it's captain pirate Bat-Man!

I like Bat variants but Buccaneer Batman is not anything that I'm interested in. Knightfall Batman (Jean Paul Valley) is much more interesting and I would buy it and an extra in a heartbeat.

Yes I would too.

That Batman image looking like Black Beard is a little misleading... It's the cover of Return of Bruce Wayne Issue 3 and he never actually looks like that in the pages of the comic... not even close. I'd prefer that as a variant over how he did appear in the comic but I think we're more likely to get something closer to that action figure... so that way it's more a case of a new print on the torso but we're still just using existing cowl moulds etc.

That Batman image looking like Black Beard is a little misleading... It's the cover of Return of Bruce Wayne Issue 3 and he never actually looks like that in the pages of the comic... not even close. I'd prefer that as a variant over how he did appear in the comic but I think we're more likely to get something closer to that action figure... so that way it's more a case of a new print on the torso but we're still just using existing cowl moulds etc.

Seriously? That's a bummer. They even used that design on Batman: The Brave and The Bold. I think they could do that figure well with the traditional pirate hat and a beard, with the mask printed on the head.

Knowing TLG, they'll probably take a bit from both designs and put their own unique spin on it.

I'd be down for that.

Seriously? That's a bummer. They even used that design on Batman: The Brave and The Bold. I think they could do that figure well with the traditional pirate hat and a beard, with the mask printed on the head.

That would be really good. To be fair they could probably put a decent one together with bits of Black Beard or classic Pirate and a nice mask print on the head etc.

That would be really good. To be fair they could probably put a decent one together with bits of Black Beard or classic Pirate and a nice mask print on the head etc.

Er, I don't know. Have they ever made new molds for book exclusives? As much as I want one, I think they've just reprinted existing figures. (e.g Elsectro suit Bats.

Er, I don't know. Have they ever made new molds for book exclusives? As much as I want one, I think they've just reprinted existing figures. (e.g Elsectro suit Bats.

Yes that will probably be the case sadly. Do you think, like Minifigpriceguide said, this book could include Cosmic Girl? Based on my speculations she should come out in spring (ex. Lightning Lad November, Cosmic Boy January) .

That's kind of my point. Use existing moulds such as Black Beard (if they can as he was part of the POTC range) and choose an existing pirate hat. If anything the Black Beard beard and Jack Sparrow's Tricorne would be perfect... just make the print accurate enough and you've got that cover.

I doubt they could use those pieces though as they belong to a different license although it's also a Disney License so it's possible.

Edited by Robianco

Let me introduce you Batfleck:

And those three guys

More pics on my flickr :wink:

Thank you very much. The trinity looks great together, I can't wait until we get the rest of the cinematic League to go with them.