just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Why are so many people saying Bats looks wrong? Have you guys watched the trailer? The Batman in this set is a very good representation of the heavy-armor Batman we see in the trailer. The Batman that comes in the BvS Batmobile is the non-armored version.

Because apparently giving a heavy-armor Batman a bulkier helmet is wrong and the LEGO group is just using this as a place holder for the real helmet and this set is rubbish :hmpf_bad:

But I totally agree this whole set really has me in awe, especially that Batman. I wasn't expecting this at all and it truly made my day.

Does anybody know if LEGO has plans to show anything else at Comic Con?

Why are so many people saying Bats looks wrong? Have you guys watched the trailer? The Batman in this set is a very good representation of the heavy-armor Batman we see in the trailer. The Batman that comes in the BvS Batmobile is the non-armored version.

I believe someone said something about his cowl on the last page, I think it's great. We get a perfect shot of him in the SDCC trailer, right when the lighting flashes. The only improvement they could've made is making the band on his head blue rather than white to make it look like the glowing eyes. I personally think he looks fantastic, and I'm more of a Marvel fan! This set overall seems better than the Sub set we've gotten for Marvel.

Does anybody know if LEGO has plans to show anything else at Comic Con?

I thought that too, J2G said he believed the '66 Batcave may be revealed this weekend. However, the Lego Group's reveal may have been Docotr Who, based on the paneling in a picture Lego tweeted out. Well have to wait and see for now.

I thought that too, J2G said he believed the '66 Batcave may be revealed this weekend. However, the Lego Group's reveal may have been Docotr Who, based on the paneling in a picture Lego tweeted out. Well have to wait and see for now.

ahh okay. fingers crossed i suppose! thanks for the reply :classic:

I lost faith when Tim Burton, Christopher Nolan and DC comics gave their portrayals of Batman a grapple gun, sonar gun, and emp gun as well as artillery for their batmobiles and bat aircraft :wink:. I'm sorry, but even then judgements shouldn't be made based on merchandise of a movie that we still don't know a lot about, especially since LEGO is known to make "concept art" mistakes.

A grappling gun and a gun that looks to be firing kryptonite are completely different things. I know this could just be a LEGO choice, but my comment was also based on having zero faith in snyder based on previous films...of his films that ive seen I've enjoyed none of them, with Man of Steel being the biggest train wreck of them that completely missed the mark of the characters. I am going to reserve final judgement until I see the film, but everything, this set included, just continue to lower my expectations.

Not particularly excited about this set. The only thing I'm interested in is that new gun, but since it probably doesn't shoot, it won't be that interesting.

I believe someone said something about his cowl on the last page, I think it's great. We get a perfect shot of him in the SDCC trailer, right when the lighting flashes. The only improvement they could've made is making the band on his head blue rather than white to make it look like the glowing eyes. I personally think he looks fantastic, and I'm more of a Marvel fan! This set overall seems better than the Sub set we've gotten for Marvel.

Those walls were both Nexo, they had the same brick pattern design. So I'm assuming Nexo was the only NYCC reveal.

the figure is ok but his helmet's ears in the movie are short and stubby, whereas the helmet we got has long pointy ears and that bugs me, because the 52 helmet would have been perfect, i get that his non armoured costume is obviously different from the armoured one but both masks share the short ears, and neither look like this helmet they given him in the smallest set. i just hope the space batman helmet will work on him since they look like different tones of chrome

The helmet should have been a new piece or the Lego Batman 3 cowl in dark grey. At least there is a silver version from Space Batman that one can use.

Though they were lucky that the CMF Galaxy Squad Space Marine armor looks so similar to the movies armor.

The helmet should have been a new piece or the Lego Batman 3 cowl in dark grey. At least there is a silver version from Space Batman that one can use.

Though they were lucky that the CMF Galaxy Squad Space Marine armor looks so similar to the movies armor.

The old cowl that they're using is actually more movie-accurate! It covers the chin like the movie version. The new cowl doesn't cover the chin. I assume they'll stick to the new cowl for the other BvS sets.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Looking up the pictures again, I was a bit mistaken about the cowl. Both suits in the movie have the exact same 'ear' structure, and that's where people's complaints are coming from. I still personally like the aesthetic of the old cowl, especially paired the armor. It remains to be seen if the newer, chinless one would have conveyed the proper amount of bulk for the armor.

It's $13 - easy purchase. Several useful parts and two new staples of DCCU characters. I need that Bat Signal!

The build looks pretty sloppy, but the minifigs and pieces are more than worth it. I can't tell, is the cowl in that the gunmetal color of the rest of his armor or is it just black?

Oh, and Bruce? A kryptonite gun is still a gun, pal. :tongue:

I kind of like the set. I'm still very surprised we can get both figures for $13. I'm definitely buying it.

I agree that Batman could have been much better. He should have a gray suit, not a black one. And the cowl should have shorter ears, but I guess they wanted it to cover the chin and didn't want to make a new mold.

And for Superman, what hairpiece does he have?

I for one really love that set, I mean for its price tag I don't think that anyone can have a reason to complain. I mean you get a new Batman minifigure, a new Superman minifigure and some very interesting parts in very interesting colors and all that for $13! One thing that does bother me however is the fact that Superman doesn't have dual molded legs, I am expecting him to have it in the bigger set but I still find it annoying.

That looks like a great set. While the build is a bit random, you can't deny that it's still a great parts pack. This might be the lone Batman v. Superman set I'll get.

I agree that Batman could have been much better. He should have a gray suit, not a black one. And the cowl should have shorter ears, but I guess they wanted it to cover the chin and didn't want to make a new mold.

And for Superman, what hairpiece does he have?

The suit is a gunmetal gray, not black. Superman's hair is a brand-new piece.

Judging from the picture and the promo art it does appear that the regular suit under the armor is black and from what I can see it even has some printing on it including a yellow belt. So maybe we'll get another Bat suit underneath the armor?

I was really hoping we'd finally have a Superman with boots. :hmpf_bad: Maybe he'll have some in the the $70 set. Batman looks fine to me, could have been better but he is definitely good enough.

I'm thinking Lego threw in that gun for playability purposes and it won't be in the film, although I won't be too disappointed if it is. Also, that new grappling gun looks great. If it actually fires and grapples, even better.

Found this on brickset: (http://brickset.com/...ets/30604-1/{-})

Looks like a DC character to me, does anyone know who this might be? Shazam Jr.? :tongue:

That's Cosmic Boy from the Legion of Superheroes! This is very exciting. I'd be curious to whether or not we see more of the Legion in future, fingers crossed for Brainiac 5. Nice find!!!

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures

My god, Cosmic Boy! This is fantastic, first (the elusive) Lightning Lad, now Cosmic Boy to the Legion's ranks. Here's hoping for more legionaries, with the printing and armour Lego's been doing recently, I think Wildfire and Mon-El would in particular look fantastic in Lego (hopefully not Matter Eater Lad, though). In all seriousness, based on who've they done so far, I'd place good money on Saturn Girl being next.

By the looks of the way he's packaged, maybe he's the freebie that Lego give when you spend over £50 or so every so often?

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

By the looks of the way he's packaged, maybe he's the freebie that Lego give when you spend over £50 or so every so often?

I doubt it, the ones for Super Heroes haven't come with pieces in the past. I'm guessing he'll be an exclusive polybag, similar to TASM Electro.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I doubt it, the ones for Super Heroes haven't come with pieces in the past. I'm guessing he'll be an exclusive polybag, similar to TASM Electro.

Actually, I think this is a polybag, not a promobag. Look at its set number, and he doesn't even have an exclusive face. The packaging will be like a polybag, not silky like a promobag I think. :look: