just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I know who I'm gonna call. I ain't afraid... :wink:

That seems like such a waste of a D2C though, honestly. :sceptic:

Here's my guesses.

Batcave will include a Batcave area, classic Batmobile, and every Batman'66 minifigure who was in LB3.

Just2Good implied that it the second D2C Nostalgia set is not only not DC, but not super heroes, which rules out Marvel. Now I know this is a DC rumors thread but I'm going to touch on that anyway: either it will be a licensed set or some kind of flashback Lego set (like a yellow castle or something) but I'm willing to bet it's licensed. Here's a quick look at the current and upcoming licensed themes that have been around long enough to be considered nostalgia, excluding super heroes: Doctor Who, Scooby Doo, Wizard of Oz, Simpsons, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters. Many of those are only in Dimensions or Ideas thus far. Doctor Who doesn't have any big and recognizable nostalgia pieces. Scooby Doo could have a mansion but they just got a mystery mansion set, and we just had a haunted house a few years ago (much as I'd love another one). Wizard of Oz could get an Emerald City set but we have no idea if the theme will go beyond Dimensions or not. I hope to glob it's not another giant Simpsons set but that seems relatively likely given we've gotten one every year so far. BTTF and Ghostbusters each have possibilities like Stay Puft, the Firehouse, and the Clock Tower, but we don't know if either of those are going to a full theme, either.

Wait! I've thought of some others :)

We could get an amazing Jurassic Park set with the gates and the car. Or, there's always Star Wars, but I don't know how any new D2C set would be any more nostalgiac than any other.

More than 120 USD makes sense, since D2Cs generally run anywhere from 150 USD (Diagon Alley) to 400 USD (Death Star).

But what does "More than a name" mean? More than just the Batcave?

He was implying he knows more about the set than just the name.

Just noticed this (what I have highlighted in red).

Two d2cs = not both from DC

Two d2cs = nostalgic

Two d2cs = one is batcave

I gotta be indirect, because next thing you know they'll cancel this. And I'm a sucker for riddles, I remember the days when GRogall and legomilk had the best ones. And, I really shouldn't be saying any... :look:

A hint at another character in the Batcave, perhaps?

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Woo!

I'm also assuming the other D2C is based off of a licensed theme....? :classic:

Off topic: Jurassic park may be a possibility too. Hits nostalgia pretty well and people are ravenous for the JW sets.

On topic: the Arkham set is what got me back into Lego collecting because it was such an amazing set. I could see the Batcave (with partial Wayne manor for the fire poles) being a terrific set too.

Just noticed this (what I have highlighted in red).

A hint at another character in the Batcave, perhaps?

I think that's just a general statement. However, they last sentence: "I really shouldn't say any-". It cuts off. Is that a clue? It sounds very familiar, and I found it funny he didn't say he cut off at "any-" rather than "anything". At first I thought it was a line in Jurassic Park, right before someone got eaten by a dinosaur.

:-)

Edited by Aegis2000

Well this is surprising news. I always liked the design of the 60's Batcave, so for sure I'll end up getting it.

Although I'd want the set for the figures just as much as the cave. For sure I think we'd get the main villains: Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler (who incidentally, are all characters we have already anyways, but still), plus Batman and Robin of course. Alfred is likely, although I doubt anyone can really remember what 60's Alfred even looked like--I don't think he's particularly important in regards to the pop culture of the show, but he's marginally important for the set itself, even though people would want a version closer to the one we got from the original Batman line. Batgirl has been thrown around a bit as a potential inclusion, but I think it's more likely that we won't get her, considering the must haves already listed. Chances are this could be the only 60's set we ever get, so I think it's more likely that Lego would include all four major villains and be forced to drop Batgirl because of it.

Set wise, I don't think we should expect any more vehicles other than the Batmobile--which itself will most likely take up a good chunk of pieces. The 60's Batcave is not that big, and none of the other vehicles had direct access to it. I always remember the scenes from the movie when Batman and Robin had to drive to the airport and dock to get their helicopter and boat. :facepalm:

Also Shark-Repellent. :laugh:

He was implying he knows more about the set than just the name.

That could be, but considering how cryptic some of just2good's posts can be, I think my 'there's more to the set than the name Batcave implies' interpretation is valid also.

I think that's just a general statement. However, they last sentence: "I really shouldn't say any-". It cuts off. Is that a clue? It sounds very familiar, and I found it funny he didn't say he cut off at "any-" rather than "anything".

No thing so... no Fantastic Four sets? Or maybe he stopped at T because there is no tea because there is no Mad Hatter? He also left off "thin", and Penguin is anything but... Penguin confirmed? This is all leading up to one big Riddle... huh, The Riddler!

(:thumbup: if you get the reference to the '66 Batman movie)

We have officially gone crazy. I think we're reading way too much into things.

Please, I already was crazy. :grin:

Getting back on track. So, seeing as they're both released in March, could the Racers include 1966 characters not included in the Batcave? A mini Joker's Steamroller with the Joker, perhaps? I know the 1966 themed things will most likely be constricted to the Batcave, but still, just imagine. Isn't that what Legos are about?

Getting back on track. So, seeing as they're both released in March, could the Racers include 1966 characters not included in the Batcave? A mini Joker's Steamroller with the Joker, perhaps? I know the 1966 themed things will most likely be constricted to the Batcave, but still, just imagine. Isn't that what Legos are about?

I doubt it, I have a feeling all the 66' characters will be exclusive to the Batcave (look at how many figures are in Arkham [which I think will be close in size, piece count, and figure count to this new Batcave] and how many '66 styled figures are in LB3. If they didn't put any other '66 styled characters in the game, I can't imagine they'd put them in a set). I have a feeling Racers will just be another way to comic book designs of Joker, Batman, and Penguin - only this time, with racers.

So, I hate to be the guy to ask since he's given us so much already, but Just2Good, could you possibly give us even a rough estimate of the piece count? Is it relatively close to that of Arkham Asylum Breakout?

So, I hate to be the guy to ask since he's given us so much already, but Just2Good, could you possibly give us even a rough estimate of the piece count? Is it relatively close to that of Arkham Asylum Breakout?

I asked him 1000+ questions, and you're worried about one? :grin:

Joking aside, Just2Good has been really great for putting up with me and my countless questions. I would ask him if he could give us any more details on the BvS sets, but I'm going to try and not bother him anymore.

I'm not sure, but if we do, let's just say you guys aren't going to be go ing nuts for it. Maybe. :sad:

Comic con exclusive?

Edited by Rookie875

Comic con exclusive?

We're thinking Teen Titans Go inspired... which I would definitely go nuts for (if I wasn't already a nut, that is :grin:).

Comic con exclusive?

Not quite sure how u got Comic Con Exclusive from that.... But J2G would have no idea what the SDCC's are that isn't something they list in catalogs or product orders

CC exclusives have never been rumored this early. She's not one. It'd be too cruel for LEGO to do that when the other Titans are in sets.

When J2G said "More than just a name", I assumed he meant he knew more than the set name, but wasn't allowed to say more.

Not quite sure how u got Comic Con Exclusive from that.... But J2G would have no idea what the SDCC's are that isn't something they list in catalogs or product orders

I wouldn't say that. I found out about this year's SDCC exclusives in March, and my source knew well before that...

But, I highly doubt Raven is/will be a Comic-Con exclusive.

Edited by Sir Gareth

CC exclusives have never been rumored this early. She's not one. It'd be too cruel for LEGO to do that when the other Titans are in sets.

When J2G said "More than just a name", I assumed he meant he knew more than the set name, but wasn't allowed to say more.

See, that's what I thought too. However, it's widely believed he said otherwise, but it's just everyone else speculating.

I wouldn't say that. I found out about this year's SDCC exclusives in March, and my source knew before that...

But, I highly doubt Raven is/will be a Comic-Con exclusive.

Your sources wouldn't happen to know anything about next year's sets, would they?