just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Batcave:

More than a name and 120; never saw it; is a D2C; one of two hot nostalgic D2C 2016

Are you implying you have read a set description, or you've seen minifigures or a preliminary image. You say you "never saw it".

Thanks for clarifying. And is the other a UCS 1966 Batmobile to join the UCS Batmobile and the UCS Tumbler? Two D2C's from the same theme in one year isn't unheard of.

I think they'd split the D2C's between Marvel and DC (assuming there actually is 2 of them to be split).

As far as the design for Raven goes, I'd actually prefer the Go style over the original Teen Titans which I'd prefer over the original comics which I would prefer by a considerable margin over her new 52 look :sick:; any of those first three, I'd buy instantly, New 52 I might skip (but probably not).

Batcave:

More than a name and 120; never saw it; is a D2C; one of two hot nostalgic D2C 2016

So wait, is there two D2C's or just two sets coming out next year you feel nostalgic about (and if so, what is the other one)?

Thanks again.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Two d2cs = not both from DC

Two d2cs = nostalgic

Two d2cs = one is batcave

I gotta be indirect, because next thing you know they'll cancel this. And I'm a sucker for riddles, I remember the days when GRogall and legomilk had the best ones. And, I really shouldn't be saying any... :look:

Two d2cs = nostalgic

I gotta be indirect, because next thing you know they'll cancel this. And I'm a sucker for riddles, I remember the days when GRogall and legomilk had the best ones. And, I really shouldn't be saying any... :look:

Alright, thank you soo very much.

Alright, thank you soo very much.

Maybe it's another Simpsons thing, a Scooby Doo mansion, Cloud City, who knows? :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by CM4Sci

Two D2Cs from one theme wouldn't come out in one year. I'm guessing it's a Simpsons or Scooby-Doo exclusive, or possibly a really classic car like the previous ones (Mini/Ferrari).

Wow.

Alright, so this wave will hopefully be fulfilling. Just a shame we're seeing ourselves go into a Batman rebound. The movie sets were inevitable, but I think the racers sets really constricted our JL sets that were getting this ball rolling. I really did hope to see a lot but I guess this wave is fine considering we'll be getting JL sets NEXT year for sure. (Lets hope for a Watchtower no matter how gritty it may show up as! I really like the DCEU though so I could probably shut my mouth about that.)

I'm fine with DC not getting another D2C this year either. Seems like it'd have been a dumb move for LEGO. Although I'd love some more nostalgic Batman sets...

The '66 Batcave as a D2C seems a bit small unless they're adding what I think they are. (Bat-copter and Batbike w/ sidecar.) It'd make sense with all this racing they're pushing with racers, a motorcycle themed set, and perhaps this with all three vehicles! Four would be pushing it and I think/hope LEGO doesn't include a whirly bat! As for the figures as I had stated before, since this is an $120 set now (according to rumors that might've been confirmed. This forum is messy enough as is.) I think a suitable amount of 8 figures as people have mentioned would most likely entitle Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Catwoman, Joker, and two others that are likely either Penguin, Freeze, Riddler, or Egghead if they know what villain the kids really want. :tongue:

Two D2Cs from one theme wouldn't come out in one year. I'm guessing it's a Simpsons or Scooby-Doo exclusive, or possibly a really classic car like the previous ones (Mini/Ferrari).

Two D2Cs is completely possible! Star Wars has three this year!

Yeah, but it looks awful in the cartoon:

Raven_home.png

For the most part, the faces of the TTG minifigs we've seen thus far are more closely associated with the usual superhero figs than the show, so I'd say whatever their solution is for the face, it won't look too out of place.

"Two"? What's the other one?

Probably a Marvel thing, although I'm not quite sure what Marvel has in the way of nostalgia.

Oh, I never thought that the other D2C would be anything but a superheroes set! That's gonna be a fun one to see play out, for sure.

Something else nostalgic, hmmmmmmm

Well if its Batman it could be anything. Another 1966 set, a Batman 1989 set, a BTAS set or even something based of detective comics #27 from 1939. Maybe a UCS 66 or 89 batmobile?

Is the second nostahlic set even Batman? Or could it be a christopher Reeve Superman set or maybe a 77 Wondef Woman set?

Guys, there is only ONE DC D2C next year. The other is NOT SUPER HEROES RELATED!

Edited by CM4Sci

Well if its Batman it could be anything. Another 1966 set, a Batman 1989 set, a BTAS set or even something based of detective comics #27 from 1939. Maybe a UCS 66 or 89 batmobile?

Is the second nostahlic set even Batman? Or could it be a christopher Reeve Superman set or maybe a 77 Wondef Woman set?

It's not DC based, and likely not Super Heroes based at all.

As CM4Sci said, it doesn't have to be a DC Super Heroes set. It doesn't even have to be a Super Heroes set. It could be Scooby Doo, or a car for all anyone bu Just2Good knows.

Guys, there is only ONE DC D2C next year. The other is NOT SUPER HEROES RELATED (I'm assuming)

Your assumptions are right as far as I know. :grin:

Just a theory: is Lego launching any new themes next year? Could the D2C possibly be a Doctor Who set? For example, Monster Fighters got a D2C Haunted House in their first and only year, so are there any rumored themes based on any nostalgic shows or movies? Sorry, went a little outside of the DC theme.

And, it's not superheroes based.

Edited by Aegis2000

Woo!

I'm also assuming the other D2C is based off of a licensed theme....? :classic:

Two D2C superhero sets? But what is with this narrow focus on Batman - let's see some other characters, I literally have dozens of virtually identical batman minifigs kicking around!

Exciting news today but if some of our more enthusiastic members could limit their posts to say, less than 100 an hour...

I the second D2C a new Scooby Doo Haunted Mansion (like the one that lasted for a long time) , because I could see that easily happening and its nostalgic.

P.S. Maybe with a Scrappy Doo, :grin: just kidding.

Two D2C superhero sets? But what is with this narrow focus on Batman - let's see some other characters, I literally have dozens of virtually identical batman minifigs kicking around!

Exciting news today but if some of our more enthusiastic members could limit their posts to say, less than 100 an hour...

Hate to say it, but you'll probably get dozens more. Batman is DC's Spiderman. Everyone forgets a lot that Legos are based towards kids, and kids love their Batman.

Batcave:

More than 120 USD makes sense, since D2Cs generally run anywhere from 150 USD (Diagon Alley) to 400 USD (Death Star).

But what does "More than a name" mean? More than just the Batcave? The '66 Batcave isn't very big - an atomic power generator and some computer equipment scattered about (and a place to park the batmobile). So 'more' could mean:

1)More vehicles than just the batmobile (bat-cycle, bat-boat, bat-copter,etc.).

2)Batcave and Wayne Manor?

3)Batcave plus Villain Lairs (one of the highlights of the '66 TV show were the death-traps the Dynamic Duo had to escape from each episode. A small lair for each villain with a death-trap would add a lot of play value).

More than 120 USD makes sense, since D2Cs generally run anywhere from 150 USD (Diagon Alley) to 400 USD (Death Star).

But what does "More than a name" mean? More than just the Batcave? The '66 Batcave isn't very big - an atomic power generator and some computer equipment scattered about (and a place to park the batmobile). So 'more' could mean:

1)More vehicles than just the batmobile (bat-cycle, bat-boat, bat-copter,etc.).

2)Batcave and Wayne Manor?

3)Batcave plus Villain Lairs (one of the highlights of the '66 TV show were the death-traps the Dynamic Duo had to escape from each episode. A small lair for each villain with a death-trap would add a lot of play value).

I think the set will be no more than $200, since it's a Batcave after all, not a "Classic TV Series in general" set. I'd expect a classic Batmobile, the Cave itself and a couple more vehicles. Four good guys and the four central villains (maybe one villain vehicle or large trap/weapon) will complete the set.

Two d2cs = nostalgic

I know who I'm gonna call. I ain't afraid... :wink: