just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

You guys are go ing way to far from what I heard early talks of if anything

Okay. So we know she is based on the Teen Titans Go! series

She's is not a mini doll

She will not be in a Dimensions pack (There are already four waves set for up to late 2016/ early 2017)

She will not be in a racer. So let's just assumed for a moment she's in a summer set.

If she's not a mini doll, I just think that the disappointment is coming from her design, it could be a more comic book Raven rather than a Teen Titans version. Or how other people have pointed out, it could be her Teen Titans GO design, so maybe a short raven? Or even slightly brickbuilt due to her strange design? (By brick built, I mean the fact that whenever she floats around her cape seems to twirl around her in some fashion, so maybe they'll try to recreate that or something? Unlikely but still)

Interested how she's going to look though.

Are you suggesting she could have a design similar to Queen Amidala's leg/robe piece in the 2012 Gungan sub then?

https://jeffreyklyles.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/lego_batman_3_1966.jpg

Does anyone know whether we're likely to get these two minifigures in the 66 Batcave? Or will we probably get the normal Batman cowl etc just recoloured like the SDCC 66 Batmobile?

Forgot about that level. Given its (supposedly) a D2C Batcave, that would make a fantastic '66 Batmobile! Anything can happen in a D2C, right? "Except for the inclusion of your favorite characters strictly for marketing purposes. No hard feelings", says Lego.

If the Helicarrier is anything to go off of, don't set your hopes too high with the minifigs included in the Bat Cave. Alfred seems like a no-brainer, but so did Coulson. Plus we only ended up getting 5 figs in a $350 set and 2 were rehashes. This seems like more of a play set, but so was Arkham and that only had one or two exclusive figs.

If we get a Raven, I'm worried about a TTG design. I hate it. The shadow looks awful, and so does her skin tone. A comics version like the one in LB3 would be perfect. But if J2G's not optimistic about it, I wonder if I should bother. My inner DC completionist is confused.

If the Helicarrier is anything to go off of, don't set your hopes too high with the minifigs included in the Bat Cave. Alfred seems like a no-brainer, but so did Coulson. Plus we only ended up getting 5 figs in a $350 set and 2 were rehashes. This seems like more of a play set, but so was Arkham and that only had one or two exclusive figs.

Both of those examples are flawed, though. The Helicarrier was a display model, and Arkham needed to have repeats, since it was a comics set and included Batman. This upcoming (large) 66 set cannot have repeats by nature, so all of its figures will be exclusive and there will most likely be a large number of them. Maximum number is 8, with Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Riddler, Penguin, Joker, and Catwoman. Seeing as the past two $120 DC sets have had eight figures, this makes sense.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I see your logic, but the Helicarrier wasn't Minifigure scale.

If we get a Raven, I'm this TTG design. I hate it. The shadow looks awful, and so does her skin tone. A comics version like the one in LB3 would be perfect. But if J2G's not optimistic about it, I wonder if I should bother. My inner DC completionist is confused.

just2good said everyone's ideas about her being anything other than a minifigure in a set was way off. She's not a minidoll. It's a a fact of life we all need to get past. Can you sleep better now? :-)

If we get a Raven, I'm worried about a TTG design. I hate it. The shadow looks awful, and so does her skin tone. A comics version like the one in LB3 would be perfect. But if J2G's not optimistic about it, I wonder if I should bother. My inner DC completionist is confused.

The LB3 version also had the shadow. It's pretty standard for Raven to have the shadow on her face.

ss_e5be76418272777ec89d47d7c0f5fc9c30c7603e.600x338.jpg?t=1427922730

Edited by strangely

The LB3 version also had the shadow. It's pretty standard for Raven to have the shadow on her face.

ss_e5be76418272777ec89d47d7c0f5fc9c30c7603e.600x338.jpg?t=1427922730

You know, I wouldn't be upset if we got at version. It's not bad, although I'd like her dark navy blue over that purple.

I especially love the half-printed arms for gloves.

Both of those examples are flawed, though. The Helicarrier was a display model, and Arkham needed to have repeats, since it was a comics set and included Batman. This upcoming (large) 66 set cannot have repeats by nature, so all of its figures will be exclusive and there will most likely be a large number of them. Maximum number is 8, with Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Riddler, Penguin, Joker, and Catwoman. Seeing as the past two $120 DC sets have had eight figures, this makes sense.

Even so, I'd still say it's best to lower expectations a bit when it comes to the superhero theme. 8 figs would be great, but I'm always a little skeptical.

Even so, I'd still say it's best to lower expectations a bit when it comes to the superhero theme. 8 figs would be great, but I'm always a little skeptical.

How do we know it's a $120 set? I meant to ask (shout into the void to) just2good if we might get the cave around the tech and vehicle in the set, since it's a D2C. That would jack up the price quite a bit, although the cave walls being included is highly unlikely. However, the effect looked very nice in sets such as Attack on Weathertop or The Battle of Helm's Deep from the LOTR theme.

Yeah, but it looks awful in the cartoon:

Raven_home.png

How do we know it's a $120 set? I meant to ask (shout into the void to) just2good if we might get the cave around the tech and vehicle in the set, since it's a D2C. That would jack up the price quite a bit, although the cave walls being included is highly unlikely. However, the effect looked very nice in sets such as Attack on Weathertop or The Battle of Helm's Deep from the LOTR theme.

I have no idea. $120 doesn't sound like much of a D2C to me

I have no idea. $120 doesn't sound like much of a D2C to me

Exactly, except for Kingdom's Joust and Arkham Asylum Breakout.

Do they make prelims for D2Cs..? :look:

Nope. They just cleverly hide them inside consonants in Design videos. ;-)

I'm pretty sure Just2Good meant that Raven is based on Teen Titans Go! and not Teen Titans. Meaning that some people may not like the design just because it's based on Go! The only main difference is the belt so I don't care. We may also get a blue Cyborg just to go with Raven.

Also, in the Jokerland set, Robin and Starfire are based on Teen Titans not Go! while Beast Boy is just comic based so they are already mixed up.

Yeah, but it looks awful in the cartoon:

The shadow has almost the exact same shape other than a point for nose and that shadow is pretty similar to how it looked in the original show too. Are you sure it's not just the crappy and cheap animation style in general that you're disliking?

I'm pretty sure Just2Good meant that Raven is based on Teen Titans Go! and not Teen Titans. Meaning that some people may not like the design just because it's based on Go! The only main difference is the belt so I don't care. We may also get a blue Cyborg just to go with Raven.

Also, in the Jokerland set, Robin and Starfire are based on Teen Titans not Go! while Beast Boy is just comic based so they are already mixed up.

Yeah, the TT and TTG designs are pretty much the same, the TTG versions are just horribly proportioned versions of the original designs with super cheap animation. Otherwise they're the same costumes.

Edited by strangely

Are you saying you found a prelim for the set?

No, I'm asking because how else would J2G have seen it? I don't think we've seen any prelims for D2C sets before. :shrug_confused:

Okay, I've repeatedly said this: J2G said there was a D2C with the Batcave. He never, ever, ever, ever, ever, erver confirmed that the Batave was the D2C! He simply said it was grand. Personally, I thought that the Death Star Final Duel set this year was grand. We don't know if the Batcaveis the D2C yet. J2G, you don't have to say what the D2C is, but is the Batcave the D2C?

It most likely is. To have all of the essential characters, it would have to be in the $120 range, and it seems like an exclusive based on its source material. However, J2G never said he saw it, just that there was a name.

Batcave:

More than a name and 120; never saw it; is a D2C; one of two hot nostalgic D2C 2016

Edited by just2good

Batcave:

More than a name and 120; never saw it; is a D2C; one of two hot nostalgic D2C 2016

There we go! :shrug_oh_well:

Batcave:

Thanks for clarifying. And is the other a UCS 1966 Batmobile to join the UCS Batmobile and the UCS Tumbler? Two D2C's from the same theme in one year isn't unheard of.

Thanks for clarifying. And is the other a UCS 1966 Batmobile to join the UCS Batmobile and the UCS Tumbler? Two D2C's from the same theme in one year isn't unheard of.

I can't see DC getting two while Marvel gets none this year