just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Ok so i have started this thing about the hints and the frustration of not knowing, but it shouldnt go this far. I am pretty sure that I overreacted on my comment and i should have just calmed down.

I should be greatful that people like j2g and sci are even giving us hints.

On the other note i think that the idea of a micro racers subtheme is terrible for AFOLS.of couse it is perfect for little kids who want minifigures for a low price. And i read somewhere that LEGO will be doing a Girls Superheros subtheme. Which again is great for girl collectors.

I'm pretty okay with the Racers thing. Having easy access to less common characters can only be a good thing. Plus it makes me think the Flashmobile and Arrow-car are possibilities in some form! It reminds me of that episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, actually! I can't wait to see what we get from that.

VS. sets would be much preferred though.

So wait they exist... so why can't you post them then on another account :grin:

NONONONO I don't have them, I just know there is a retailer cataloge available somewhere in the world and they have them. Someone just has to post them, I dunno.

Could we get back on track? I feel kinda bad for starting the whole secret thing.

NONONONO I don't have them, I just know there is a retailer cataloge available somewhere in the world and they have them. Someone just has to post them, I dunno.

Could we get back on track? I feel kinda bad for starting the whole secret thing.

LOL I was just kidding and please the last thing I want is for you to feel bad! Guess we'll just have to wait...

All I know is that they exist and are somewhere. :tongue: They'll turn up soon.. just a few more weeks...

1. Are you Just2good

2. Your Awesome

3.What website ( if there is one )

Could we get this thread renamed as "Batman 2016 Rumors and Discussion"?

Wait, are you being serious? I can't really tell.

Wait, are you being serious? I can't really tell.

No, not really :wink:

I added an emoticon to clarify

Could we get this thread renamed as "Batman 2016 Rumors and Discussion"? :laugh:

Better question, can we have three subthemes for Super Heroes: DC Comics, Marvel, and Batman? :grin:

I'm pretty okay with the Racers thing. Having easy access to less common characters can only be a good thing. Plus it makes me think the Flashmobile and Arrow-car are possibilities in some form! It reminds me of that episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, actually! I can't wait to see what we get from that.

VS. sets would be much preferred though.

But will it be less common characters or just rehashes of existing ones that are already in multiple sets? If we get new characters, I'm in; but, if it's just Batman, Joker, and Penguin again (which IMO is the most likely scenario), I'm out.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

batman_poster.jpg

With these two posters revealed, it's confirmed we're getting LEGO Batman V Superman sets in 2016. Here, we have the first bit of LEGO DC Super Heroes 2016 news. Discuss! There's definitely a new hairpiece on Superman.

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love these posters!!

Edited by B Rick

If there's gonna be racers i think we'll get the usual figures. As they are cheap sets they are perfect for newbie collectors to join in in this lego collecting madness.

Hopefully i'm wrong.

If there's gonna be racers i think we'll get the usual figures. As they are cheap sets they are perfect for newbie collectors to join in in this lego collecting madness.

Hopefully i'm wrong.

I agree, it'll probably jut be Joker, Penguin, and Batman again. Also, I'm thinking Lego is going to include some sort of new gimmick in these racer sets - a launcher or something to actually race the cars with.

If we're getting Racers then you can imagine it as a sort of brand new theme. Kids and adults alike are going to buy one and likely want the whole collection, so rather than releasing characters we might want like Raven and Booster Gold, chances are we'll just get the 3/4 most popular characters.

My guesses are Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern.

Although what would be fantastic (since Superman etc have no actual need for a car), it'd be cool to get their secret identities. (E.g Bruce Wayne in a Lamborghini, Clark Kent, Diana Prince, and Hal Jordan).

It'd also be handy if Marvel do the same thing and we finally get a Bruce Banner minifigure.

If we're getting Racers then you can imagine it as a sort of brand new theme. Kids and adults alike are going to buy one and likely want the whole collection, so rather than releasing characters we might want like Raven and Booster Gold, chances are we'll just get the 3/4 most popular characters.

My guesses are Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern.

Although what would be fantastic (since Superman etc have no actual need for a car), it'd be cool to get their secret identities. (E.g Bruce Wayne in a Lamborghini, Clark Kent, Diana Prince, and Hal Jordan).

It'd also be handy if Marvel do the same thing and we finally get a Bruce Banner minifigure.

I'm thinking since they're labeled Batman 1, Batman 2, and Batman 3, we'll get Batman, Joker, and one other Batman character (most likely Penguin, Riddler, Two Face, Harley Quinn, or Robin).

I'm thinking since they're labeled Batman 1, Batman 2, and Batman 3, we'll get Batman, Joker, and one other Batman character (most likely Penguin, Riddler, Two Face, Harley Quinn, or Robin).

That wouldn't be surprising at all but it would be great. Hopefully if that's the case we don't get characters like The Joker who we get quite a lot, it'd be nice for a new Batman variant, a new Robin, a new Mr Freeze and a new Poison Ivy.

Save the new Harley Quinn and Catwoman for another set.

Unfortunately considering the price, I doubt we'll get more than one minifigure per set which is saddening.

That wouldn't be surprising at all but it would be great. Hopefully if that's the case we don't get characters like The Joker who we get quite a lot, it'd be nice for a new Batman variant, a new Robin, a new Mr Freeze and a new Poison Ivy.

Save the new Harley Quinn and Catwoman for another set.

Unfortunately considering the price, I doubt we'll get more than one minifigure per set which is saddening.

I think getting a Joker racer is inevitable, unfortunately. Also, I'm pretty sure there's only three Batman Racer's, not four.

I think getting a Joker racer is inevitable, unfortunately. Also, I'm pretty sure there's only three Batman Racer's, not four.

In that case, it'll probably be BvS Variant Batman so that fans have another chance of getting one, along with a Batmobile, and the other two will be Jared Leto's Joker in his Pink Car, and Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn with a vehicle (since we likely won't get dedicated Suicide Squad sets but we will get the minifigures elsewhere).

In that case, it'll probably be BvS Variant Batman so that fans have another chance of getting one, along with a Batmobile, and the other two will be Jared Leto's Joker in his Pink Car, and Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn with a vehicle (since we likely won't get dedicated Suicide Squad sets but we will get the minifigures elsewhere).

I think they'll wait closer to the film's release before giving us Suicide Squad based minifigures (assuming we get some, instead of comic based ones). I'm thinking we'll either get the comic book vaients we already have or racing suit variants (think Racing-Suit Riddler).

I think they'll wait closer to the film's release before giving us Suicide Squad based minifigures (assuming we get some, instead of comic based ones). I'm thinking we'll either get the comic book vaients we already have or racing suit variants (think Racing-Suit Riddler).

That's a very good point. Hopefully they carry on this Racers sub-theme so that in the Summer Wave and the 2017 Waves they'll still be going and we can get more variants there. I loved Oky's Lego Racers Ideas sets and I'm glad it's finally happening. But all in all I'm just sat here waiting to get a Guy Gardner minifigure and I'm hoping I don't have to wait until 2020 for it.

That's a very good point. Hopefully they carry on this Racers sub-theme so that in the Summer Wave and the 2017 Waves they'll still be going and we can get more variants there. I loved Oky's Lego Racers Ideas sets and I'm glad it's finally happening. But all in all I'm just sat here waiting to get a Guy Gardner minifigure and I'm hoping I don't have to wait until 2020 for it.

I think we're more likely to get new characters and variants of existing ones in the regular sets than in the Racers.

I doubt it'll be giving us characters like Booster Gold or Polka-Dot Man, but guys like Scarecrow and Green Arrow who are in bigger sets or aren't as common in sets at all. It might even be a nice outlet for variations on characters, and it'll definitely make it easier for purist custom figures, with superhero-specific parts being cheaper than ever.

Interesting concept. I like it since comic book characters tend to have ridiculous and fun custom vehicles, which I hope these sets deliver. I hope we'll get a new Scarecrow using the CMF Wacky Witch hat/hair in new colors.

I doubt it'll be giving us characters like Booster Gold or Polka-Dot Man, but guys like Scarecrow and Green Arrow who are in bigger sets or aren't as common in sets at all. It might even be a nice outlet for variations on characters, and it'll definitely make it easier for purist custom figures, with superhero-specific parts being cheaper than ever.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The reason guys like Scarecrow and Green Arrow aren't common in sets is because they don't sell as well as guys like Batman and Joker because they aren't as recognizable to kids. Lego isn't going to produce a racer with Green Arrow or Scarecrow when ones for Batman and Joker would sell better.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The reason guys like Scarecrow and Green Arrow aren't common in sets is because they don't sell as well as guys like Batman and Joker because they aren't as recognizable to kids. Lego isn't going to produce a racer with Green Arrow or Scarecrow when ones for Batman and Joker would sell better.

Ya those are both very rare figures! They wouldn't throw them in a $9.99 set