just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Well that desert scene seems to tie in with the "Super soldiers" bowing scene so maybe they somehow capture Batman and Superman finds out and comes to visit the newly captured Batman. Either way it would be an awesome Bat variant.

I'm thinking that the desert scene was a dream sequence from Batman's perspective where Superman became a dictator and enslaved the world, leaving Batman the only one capable of stopping him.

I'm thinking that the desert scene was a dream sequence from Batman's perspective where Superman became a dictator and enslaved the world, leaving Batman the only one capable of stopping him.

Ooh, I like that theory :thumbup:

Not to make this an off-topic and too short a post, here's my opinion on the Batmobile:

It looks great, though I thought it was dark gray in previous pictures? *huh*

The Batman minifig looks cool too, accurate at least. I am not fond of the Batman suit (mainly the symbol) in the movie, so the minifig doesn't really appeal to me personally. But like I said, it looks like a great representation of the movie's suit :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

It looks like the Robin in the Jokerland set is intended to be Damian Wayne, not Jason Todd nor Teen Titans Dick Grayson:

http://www.lego.com/...736387ad85d6c86

Its probably just because of the recent robin they showed was Damian from 76013. They didnt change the name of the secret Identity of that description for that one. Though it could be Damian but I highly doubt it.

Really though, who takes those character descriptions that seriously to begin with? When it comes to Robin's identity these descriptions have been all over the map.

I wonder if it's just because Dick and Tim were already taken by Nightwing and Scuba Robin and they didn't want to confuse anyone. That could also be why the Robin from the Batboat set isn't there.

This might be a bit off-topic but this excerpt from Deathstroke's bio: "he became the world's deadliest mercenary known as Deathstroke" beating out Deathstroke Williams from Cranston, Rhode Island and Darwin E. Athstroke of Toronto, Canada :tongue:

This might be a bit off-topic but this excerpt from Deathstroke's bio: "he became the world's deadliest mercenary known as Deathstroke" beating out Deathstroke Williams from Cranston, Rhode Island and Darwin E. Athstroke of Toronto, Canada :tongue:

Not to get into a grammar debate, :grin: but a quick rearrangement of words or perhaps a comma on their part would have helped. I remember having a whole lesson about how to make sentences like that less confusing so that they can only be understood one way. :grin: Whoo, that takes me back.

Your comment really made me laugh pretty hard by the way. :laugh_hard:

Do we know what age rating the Suicide Squad movie will be? I mean I personally can't see it being a 15. If it is though we will have no chance of seeing Lego sets from it.

Edited by Legoman123

Do we know what age rating the Suicide Squad movie will be? I mean I personally can't see it being a 15. If it is though we will have no chance of seeing Lego sets from it. ������

I'm guessing DC will aim for a PG-13, but I wouldn't be surprised by an R rating. I wouldn't rule sets out quite yet, but it isn't looking good.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Wait really?? When??

I swear I posted an article a while back that said something about the licensing for that movie and I remember reading something about Lego, but I cant seem to find it right now.

Okay, I posted this in the 2015 thread a while ago "So its been stated that suicide squad merchandise will be marketed toward adult collectors. However, IGN also said in their article that we'd be getting Lego sets for the movie. Not entirely sure how credible they are, but I'm inclined to believe them and their source." So maybe not "official" confirmation, but I still think we're getting something.

Edited by Ultron

There are lots of time IGN just says whatever the hell they want to. :sceptic: I wouldn't expect a direct tie-in with the film. Not because the source material is too gritty, but because there's no way kids will buy a set with all bad guys and no Batman/JLA (even though Batman is in the film, it's probably just one small scene). I could see a Batman set with Harley/Boomerang/Deadshot, though, that are semi-based on the film.

There are lots of time IGN just says whatever the hell they want to. :sceptic: I wouldn't expect a direct tie-in with the film. Not because the source material is too gritty, but because there's no way kids will buy a set with all bad guys and no Batman/JLA (even though Batman is in the film, it's probably just one small scene). I could see a Batman set with Harley/Boomerang/Deadshot, though, that are semi-based on the film.

. Hopefully we'll get something like that, I mean as long as they aren't in there comic outfits I don't mind.

The only argument that holds weight for no Suicide Squad sets is the word in the title. The 'kids won't buy it' argument has no weight at all. Boys 7-12 are the target audience for the Superhero kits and there is a Batman in every other set out there, minus a handful. It is night impossible for a kid to not have a Batman. So a Suicide Squad set does not need Batman to sell - you just put Joker and Killer Croc in there and boom, sold. Kids want the hot, new, fresh version of the Joker, and Killer Croc not only hasn't had a figure in a gorram decade, he's a villain with strong kid appeal. Deadshot is basically an antihero at worst so it's hardly a set purely full of villains either.

That said, I could see there being a single Suicide Squad set, including whatever Batman cameos/appears in Suicide Squad, just to guarantee sales. Personally, I think the strongest approach would be one larger kit with Batman and the lesser known Squad villains - Enchantress, Rick Flagg, Captain Boomerang, Katana, Amanda Waller, etc. - and then a smaller kit with Deadshot, Joker, Harley, and Croc, characters who have name recognition and popular appeal already. Maybe split it up over three kits. There's a lot of approaches you could take.

We also don't know which other JL members will pop up in SSquad. Wonder Woman or Aquaman could pop up and make it into a set, no real way to know this early on. Though anyone besides Batman definitely feels like a long shot.

I honestly don't think the movie will be rated R. So if it's PG-13, that's fine, both Avengers movies are rated that. The only problem is the title. It's not kid friendly but they already thought about that for the Lego Batman game.

I don't think LEGO would make a set with the word Suicide on it, it'll just be something that rubs a lot of people up the wrong way and leads to another media mass complaint. However, what they might do is something similar to how they did an X-Men set with a sentinel at a convenient time to cash in on Days of Future Past.

The hypothetical Not Suicide Squad set might have to use a bit of artistic licence to get around the obvious source, but that could pay off...e.g the scene with the joker and harley in the car - the joker's costume looks to be based on the Dark Knight Returns costume - so if LEGO do a mini figure design between the two (basically don't show any of the tattoos which are specific to the SS film) and have a set with Joker and Harley in a red sports car and Batman chasing them in some ridiculous (but small) Bat-vehicle (I'm thinking motor bike or glider) then it would basically be a Suicide Squad set but with the leeway for LEGO to say it isn't.

My guess is we'll get a Batman set that happens to have several members of the Suicide Squad that look kind of similar to their movie incarnations. That's the most likely IMO.

My guess is we'll get a Batman set that happens to have several members of the Suicide Squad that look kind of similar to their movie incarnations. That's the most likely IMO.

Or like there comic book inerations the sentinel sets minifigures were in a comic book style

Probably. Kinda like what they did with Teen Titans this year maybe where they were interspersed throughout the sets based. They were based on Teen Titans Go but still branded more so as Batman.