just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Love that Batmobile. And I love the Batsuit, good detail. Wish they had done a new head and maybe leg printing. It should really be enough that they gave us boots, but at the same time I want the textured look of the torso to carry onto the other parts.

Now if the other two minifigures are Joker and Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad than it will be perfect (I'm assuming Lego will put them in one of these movie sets rather than devoting a line to that movie itself).

I wish they had either left off the texture or made it more subtle with a different color. It just looks odd right now. I'm glad the belt is darker than that render we saw though.

Main thing I don't like in new batmobile - is front wheels, especially that they're white inside. I think they should do them fully black and little bit bigger. I think those from back could be fine and put on the back bigger ones.

Edited by mantebose

Now if the other two minifigures are Joker and Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad than it will be perfect (I'm assuming Lego will put them in one of these movie sets rather than devoting a line to that movie itself).

It's not gonna happen. These sets are explicitly based on Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. They might make one or two sets for the Squad movie, but they wouldn't combine the two movies into one set.

It could happen, if Joker and Harley appear in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but it doesn't seem likely so I'm just gonna keep hoping for Suicide Squad movie based sets, presumably under a kid-friendlier name.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I want photos with the cockpit closed

The original picture before sdcc shows it closed

Pretty sure Lex Luthor's hair is real, but the kryptonite will make him go bald. Also, I'm pretty sure the desert scene isn't a dream, as the soldiers are shown in another scene with Superman, I think it's terrorists who misinterpreted Superman's message, which adds to the controversy surrounding him. Love that desert suit though :drool:

Pretty sure Lex Luthor's hair is real, but the kryptonite will make him go bald. Also, I'm pretty sure the desert scene isn't a dream, as the soldiers are shown in another scene with Superman, I think it's terrorists who misinterpreted Superman's message, which adds to the controversy surrounding him. Love that desert suit though :drool:

Superman could always be in Batman's dream. Isn't the desert suit just Batman disguising himself as one of the soldiers?

Isn't the desert suit just Batman disguising himself as one of the soldiers?

Well if it is, he is doing a pretty terrible job. :laugh:

Pretty disappointing that Affleck Batman has the same face as in the recent waves, tan face and no stubble. I just don't know why they cant get the print right... It looks a bit like poor effort on printing.

I pretty much like the figure itself, while I hate that Batsymbol. Looks like a bat that has been visiting McDonalds A LOT.

But hey, I will buy that set for the Batmobile and another variation either way. Hopefully the 2 other characters are new (at least in design) :grin:

Not into that texture on the torso. It would've helped had it continued onto the legs. Why is it that the Scuba Batman has a perfectly fine flesh tone but all the rest are so dark?

Well if it is, he is doing a pretty terrible job. :laugh:

Thats because hes taking off the disguise.

Not into that texture on the torso. It would've helped had it continued onto the legs. Why is it that the Scuba Batman has a perfectly fine flesh tone but all the rest are so dark?

Because Scuba Batman is inspired by the lighter, gimmicky side of Batman while the others by the darker, serious side. :grin:

Scuba Bats used less paint, and LEGO didn't like that, so they overdid it for the rest.

Pretty disappointing that Affleck Batman has the same face as in the recent waves, tan face and no stubble. I just don't know why they cant get the print right... It looks a bit like poor effort on printing.

I pretty much like the figure itself, while I hate that Batsymbol. Looks like a bat that has been visiting McDonalds A LOT.

But hey, I will buy that set for the Batmobile and another variation either way. Hopefully the 2 other characters are new (at least in design) :grin:

Remember these sets were designed a long time ago, before the justice league sets. I remember hearing Lego saying, due to the Bvs movie changing dates for the next year, they had to delay the sets. They were already done and it looks like they wanted to give the tan looking face for Ben Affleck, which doesn't like right at all.

It's not gonna happen. These sets are explicitly based on Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. They might make one or two sets for the Squad movie, but they wouldn't combine the two movies into one set.

I don't see why not. If sets aren't made for Suicide Squad (Which I'm currently doubting based on the content of the trailer) then fans will have to wait a while for those variations of Joker and Harley Quinn. I feel like they'll include them somewhere if only to increase sales appeal. I mean I can't imagine them withholding cinematic versions of those two all year. Perhaps they'll get a set of their own or something, but to me this Batmobile set seems like the perfect place for them.

And I don't see why they couldn't throw them into a Batman Vs. Superman set. At the end of the day both movies are in the same universe, and we don't know that they don't cameo in the movie. After all we had a Joker reference in the trailer, who knows what might go along with it.

Edited by strangely

I don't see why not. If sets aren't made for Suicide Squad (Which I'm currently doubting based on the content of the trailer) then fans will have to wait a while for those variations of Joker and Harley Quinn. I feel like they'll include them somewhere if only to increase sales appeal. I mean I can't imagine them withholding cinematic versions of those two all year. Perhaps they'll get a set of their own or something, but to me this Batmobile set seems like the perfect place for them.

And I don't see why they couldn't throw them into a Batman Vs. Superman set. At the end of the day both movies are in the same universe, and we don't know that they don't cameo in the movie. After all we had a Joker reference in the trailer, who knows what might go along with it.

But these arn't DCEU (that name :facepalm:) sets, these are Batman v Superman sets. Unless Joker and Harley have a role in BvS, I can't see them appearing in a set (and the only reason I can think of why they'd be in BvS would make Suicide Squad look like Candyland compared to it).

The best bets we have for Suicide Squad based Joker and Harley at this point, as far as I'm concerned anyway, are a)Lego makes sets based on the movie, b)Lego makes DCEU (again, that name :sick:) based sets, or c)Lego makes them Comic Con or S@H exclusive.

Well it's true about the name, but I really don't think it should be that way for these shared universe movies. I honestly don't think the name should mean a strict adherence to only what's in the movie. And it's not as if these sets are accurate to the movies they're based on in the first place.

I guess they could always just do for Joker and Harley Quinn what they did for the BTB version of Batman and the Batmobile and just put them in a random DC set.

Well it's true about the name, but I really don't think it should be that way for these shared universe movies. I honestly don't think the name should mean a strict adherence to only what's in the movie. And it's not as if these sets are accurate to the movies they're based on in the first place.

I guess they could always just do for Joker and Harley Quinn what they did for the BTB version of Batman and the Batmobile and just put them in a random DC set.

Or do sets for Suicide Squad, even if its just Joker's Car with Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn, but call them DCEU sets instead.

I don't think it's out of the question for Joker to be in Batman v Superman anyway. His presence is really felt in both trailers, it'd be strange for him to not even make a cameo of some sort.

I don't think it's out of the question for Joker to be in Batman v Superman anyway. His presence is really felt in both trailers, it'd be strange for him to not even make a cameo of some sort.

Neither do I, but if he doesn't have a big role in the movie or is just there to do you know what to Jason Todd, I don't see him getting a set appearance.

If we don't get him in BvS or Suicide Squad, I think the next most likely place he'll appear is as the Shop@Home exlusive (which I personally think will come down to him or Jason Momoa's Aquaman).

Superman could always be in Batman's dream. Isn't the desert suit just Batman disguising himself as one of the soldiers?

Superman looks disappointed with the soldiers, if Batman hates him he would likely picture him being pleased with them. Also, the desert suit looked nothing like the soldiers, and he was wearing the cowl. I don't think Superman soldiers would have bat ears.

Superman looks disappointed with the soldiers, if Batman hates him he would likely picture him being pleased with them. Also, the desert suit looked nothing like the soldiers, and he was wearing the cowl. I don't think Superman soldiers would have bat ears.

He wore the cowl under the helmet (those ears are short enough for it to work) which he took after after coming out of the bunker, where he also unbuckled the jacket and took off the armor that was over the jacket, and the lower-face cover (whatever it is called) he rolled down while fighting the soldiers as he still has it on when he first emerges from the bunker but not while fighting them. The pants and googles on Batman are definitely the same as the ones the soldiers though, and I'm assuming it's no coincidence. I'm thinking he only disguised himself as the soldiers to sneak in to their army camp, not stay undercover within the camp. Also, Superman could actually be giving that disappointed look to Batman who the soldiers captured and brought to him. Just my thoughts on the footage anyway.

I'm thinking this scene could work well for a smaller set - Batman, 1-2 gaurds, maybe Superman, and some desert-military-post scenery and, voila, you've got a set.

its also been speculated that the batman in the desert scene is one of the sons of batman though im not sure if I believe that. but he is batman. sneaking around unnoticed is one of his more prominent talents, so i don't think he'd need to disguise himself as a guard to get the job done. plus if he needed a good disguise he would probably make it with his endless pools of money. a desert equipped batman :tongue: . But i guess we'll just have to wait for the movie :classic: