just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Is there any other way to see the footage besides periscope (which does not work for me)? Or, is it just not even worth watching?

Edited by psqidexslizer248

How the doors looks open. I dont get how twitter works, why havent we seen any GOOD pictures tweeted from people at sdcc yet?

CJfd-95WwAAV_lO.png

The opening doors work better than I thought they would, props to Lego for doing a good job with them. There is definitely some modding that has to be done, but all-in-all the Batmobile is better than I thought it would have been. Anyone find any pictures of the back yet?

Also, finally got the video working, I'm pretty sure the designer says the cockpit pieces were designed exclusively for this set. That could mean no Batwing, although I'm going to have to double check.

Edit: He did indeed say the cockpit peices were designed exclusively for the Batmobile :cry_sad:.

Edit: He did indeed say the cockpit peices were designed exclusively for the Batmobile :cry_sad:.

Don't worry add some context to it. they will be on batjet aswell.

Don't worry add some context to it. they will be on batjet aswell.

It could still happen, but what he says does make me a bit skeptical. I guess all that's left now is waiting for Hulk_Smash and just2good to gives us the details on the rest of the sets. Oh, and DC's Hall H presentation, not exactly Lego, but still something to look forward to.

It looks a tad bit better now than it did in the reveal we got from the New York Times. I'll need an HD reveal and a review a la Brick Show and Just2Good's quality in order to make my final decision though. If they butchered the Batmobile this hard, imagine how the rest of the set will be. I expect more from Bessa as he usually does very well.

I think the car looks really good. What about it makes you say they butchered it?

Edited by deskp

I think the car looks really good. What about it makes you say they butchered it?

Well… butchered may have been a bit too harsh. :grin:

While it does look "ok" enough to warrant a buy, especially since I am a fan, I really don't like the grey bits or the unnatural slopes. Just a little off putting. Also, the front view is lacking something in my opinion and the stud shooters add nothing.

I see a lot of people complaining about the wheels however, but those are fine to me. (Kinda want black rims though, but whatever) :grin: The lack of tire armor isn't bothersome to me, and the back tires are absolute perfection and good looking.

Since the set number is 76045, and 76044 and 76033 are unused, I would say it's safe to assume we're getting at least three sets for this wave (unless Lego skips set numbers like they did last year). And since lower set numbers in a wave typically, but not always, mean lower prices, I'm guessing 1)they'll be priced at $13 and $20 or both at $20 and 2)there will definitely be at least one more $50 set since there has been one for most Super Heroes waves.

I concur I'd say its satisfyingly movie accurate the colouring looks good, scale is excellent in relation to a figure cockpit is awesome piece wise and it's nice that it can open like the movie, stud shooters are both practical and easy to shoot and could easily double for mounted guns or become mounted guns with modification. The figure by the looks of that turnaround is gold belted rather than yellow that we cgi image must've been a bit off, can't wait for fbtb or someone to take proper pics.

I concur I'd say its satisfyingly movie accurate the colouring looks good, scale is excellent in relation to a figure cockpit is awesome piece wise and it's nice that it can open like the movie, stud shooters are both practical and easy to shoot and could easily double for mounted guns or become mounted guns with modification. The figure by the looks of that turnaround is gold belted rather than yellow that we cgi image must've been a bit off, can't wait for fbtb or someone to take proper pics.

Thats just it, I want a set that I can modify, not that I need to modify.

The Batman fig, while accurate, its my least favorite thus far. Its the fluffy bat symbol that puts me off.

I'm just saying, the set is okay, just nothing special.

I hope that my opinion will change after seeing it and the other sets in person though. :classic:

Edited by Legocity2713

UPDATED ldd file added some dummy whildshields you can attach and play with.

Obviosuly better with new molds but you can pull off a good looing version without it. Im adding the LDD file for both this and the unmodified version of the batmobile. recreates as best I can so it's obviously not completed. It's good for checking out the model from all angles.

2jbpsnt.png

33f84t0.png

Edited by deskp

Huh, well that surely changes things a bit. Its just… that gray. Uugh. :sick:

Good work though man. :thumbup: Can't even begin to imagine how challenging it was to do all that.

The car is ABOUT 150 pieces

3 minifigures is about 15 pieces

acessories 1 for each? 3 pieces

= 168 > = about 138 pieces for the other vehicle.

So that other vehicle can be almost as substantial as the batmobile!

Obviosuly better with new molds but you can pull off a good looing version without it. Im adding the LDD file for both this and the unmodified version of the batmobile. recreates as best I can so it's obviously not completed. It's good for checking out the model from all angles.

*** I am using 3 studs long fins instead of 4 studs long ones.

I hate to be the one to rain on the parade, but I noticed several things about your Batmobile that, from what I could tell, didn't quite match the pictures and videos we have seen so far. Here's my attempt at recreating it , if anyone is interested, which is definitely not perfect, but it's the best I could do with what's available.

At any rate, great job, deskp.

14snnt0.png

*** I am using 3 studs long fins instead of 4 studs long ones.

Didn't notice this till now, but great replacement for stud shooters. Mind if I use that?

Here's an updated version of my attempted Batmobile recreation. Special thanks to deskp for pointing out some errors in my design.

Oh man, the Batmobile doors look great! Or should I say windshield? Iunno. I just find it incredibly odd that they would only reveal a portion of the set like that. DC's already displaying suits and props all over the place, so I'd say the other half of this set must be pretty spoilery, or at least contain something that WB doesn't want us to know just yet.

I will definitely remove those shooters at the front. The size is similar to the jokerland's batmobile. A bit larger than the minifig scale.

The Batmobile looks cool, I hope the other part of the set is Joker's Lamborghini and Joker and Harley Quinn. Then again the set is "Batman vs Superman" not Suicide Squad. Unless we get two Batmobile sets. One from "Batman vs Superman" with Batman, Batmobile, Superman, Lex Luthor and a Limo or car of Luthor's. The then Suicide Squad one with Batman, Batmobile, Joker, Harley and Joker's Lamborghini.

^ you do realize it is possible to have a set with jokers car without the batmobile included right?