Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Hey all,

For those of us in the US still waiting for the summer sets, this may help. I've uncovered the Target DCPI codes for the summer sets. For those of you who don't know what that is, there's a site called Brickseek that checks the inventory of Targets near you. If you see that a new set is in stock, just ask an employee and they will retreive it for you. This is how, for example, I got 2016 sets in early December.

Anyway, here are the codes! None are in my area currently, but I'm sure they will be in a week or few days.

Bridge Battle: 204-00-1800

Ghost Rider: 204-00-1801

Tentacle Trap: 204-00-1802

Civil War Spidey: 204-00-1803

Maybe Dr. Strange (just shows up as "LEGO"): 204-00-1804

Saw you posted something similar in the DC thread, so I came back here to check, and here it is! Thanks a bunch!

Nothing here yet either, but soon enough, hopefully!

EDIT: Okay, so I guess that means Civil War Spidey and Dr. Strange are both exclusive to Target and S@H? And Ra's Al Ghul (DC) is Wal-Mart. Is there anything else, maybe a TRU exclusive I'm forgetting about?

Edited by rob-ot5000

Ah ok, thanks. I was dreading that they were solely going to be available online.

And here are some of the clearest pics of the Dr. Strange figs thus far btw:

Dr. Strange: https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

Baron Mordo: https://www.flickr.c...ro/28339813891/

The Ancient One: https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

Credit to BrickHero over on Flickr :)

Mood's head is PERFECT for unmasked Black Panther in case anyone was having doubts. :drool::excited:

(And so is Dr. Strange's head for Kraven) :thumbup:

Cool, Stephen is amazing, I'm sure he would look even better with the new hair!

Saw you posted something similar in the DC thread, so I came back here to check, and here it is! Thanks a bunch!

Nothing here yet either, but soon enough, hopefully!

EDIT: Okay, so I guess that means Civil War Spidey and Dr. Strange are both exclusive to Target and S@H? And Ra's Al Ghul (DC) is Wal-Mart. Is there anything else, maybe a TRU exclusive I'm forgetting about?

No problem! Don't take my word on Dr. Strange, though. The last number could just be a random other Lego set. I only assumed it might possibly be Dr. Strange because it was next in the procession...

What civil war spidey is target exclusive!!! For months people said tru?

Great so the set i want the most this year, i have to wait 2 more weeks so lego can ship it to me cause i can't buy it at tru August 1st

Since target crapped out in canada, exclusive sets have really p***ed me off!

Doctor Strange minifigure looks great, but his face doesn't look like Benedict Cumberbatch at all! But at least they didn't reuse Tony Stark face which I feared they would do.

Doctor Strange minifigure looks great, but his face doesn't look like Benedict Cumberbatch at all! But at least they didn't reuse Tony Stark face which I feared they would do.

I honestly think it looks more like a comic version of Strange. Maybe putting the Superman/Captain America hair on him will work better; what he has now is far more suited to a comic-based Strange (or a Reed Richards MOC) than the movie.

I just looked at the "Online Only" section. That's really bizarre. It's also screwing over people in Canada, because Target no longer exists up there. I wonder what their good reason is for not selling some of THEIR toys in THEIR OWN stores...

Edited by PicnicBasketSam

I thoughtCivil War Spidey was a TRU exclusive...

It might not be an exclusive after all. Talked to someone who got the Civil War set at Toys R Us early (no idea where at sadly) but looking at Brickseek it does say Spider-Man 4 priced as $30 which sorta fits the description of the set. Why would they call it Spider-Man when previous sets were "nicknamed" Captain America? I think their naming it as the 4th Spidey set instead of the 4th Civil War set, as it technically fits both descriptions.

Tanker Truck - Target

Rebel Combat Frigate - Toys R Us

Ra's Al Ghul - Walmart

?

I was at one of my local Targets after finding our they still had 14 (!) of the 2015 Target Cubes on Brickseek. (DPCI 204-00-1716 if you're curious). An associate had to get them from the back of the store, and checked carefully to make sure he was allowed to sell them because "a lot of new Lego sets are in and we can't sell them yet". That means the new sets have arrived and are waiting behind the scenes!

Anyone wanting the Dr. Strange set in the UK, I got one yesterday in Argos. Catalogue No. 557/4713.

Do you know if they have the tanker truck takedown set yet??

Tanker Truck - Target

Rebel Combat Frigate - Toys R Us

Ra's Al Ghul - Walmart

?

Then is doctor strange not exclusive?

Edited by legosamsonite

(...so... just to explain myself to the Mods: This should PROBABLY go in the DC thread, but it's also me as a Marvel fan being whiny and jealous, and I'd rather not crap on their parade with my jealous Marvel fanboy-whining)

So, two thoughts as a Marvel fan on seeing these new Lego Batman set reveals:

1) SO JELOUS. Why can't Marvel Studios / Sony / Fox buddy up with Lego the way WB has? I know Marvel has been getting more sets, so I shouldn't complain too much, but a CMF line would be my minifigure-collectin' dream. Agh. So, so jelous. God I wish that animated Spider-man movie Sony's making was co-branded with Lego...

2) Looking at the Joker and Robin figures--THIS is what the Mighty Micros minifigures should've looked like. They're on the right side of cartoon-y, fit with regular minifigs, and just overall look AWESOME while still being extra comic. Again, so much jelousy, and a deep regret that this isn't what the Mighty Micros looked like. Shouldn't be surprised that they look better, since they're from a major, all studio push, instead of a weird small sub-line. But I'm also thinking it might be because they were designed by real cartoonists, and not Lego's in house guys. I love Lego's designs and the Lego minifig aesthetic, but it really falls apart when they try to go more explicitly cartoon-y--either in MM, or the horrors that were the Clone Wars line, or when they tried to get more anime inspired...

Picked up the tanker set today. Am yet to build it, but quickly put the figs together on the remainder of my break. Spidey looks awesome!!!! Hawkeye looks good too. Vision is the same as the last one, just with a yellow gem instead of blue. Some minor changing in printing (it's a lot less thick on the new one). Cap is, well, same as.

If anyone wants me to post photos, let me know! :-)

Picked up the tanker set today. Am yet to build it, but quickly put the figs together on the remainder of my break. Spidey looks awesome!!!! Hawkeye looks good too. Vision is the same as the last one, just with a yellow gem instead of blue. Some minor changing in printing (it's a lot less thick on the new one). Cap is, well, same as.

If anyone wants me to post photos, let me know! :-)

Yes please! Where did you get it from might I ask?

Unecessery printing and new molds? Man, you can really see the difference in minifigures comparing Marvel to D-C

Yes please! Where did you get it from might I ask?

I'm in the UK, but my local TRU (Stevenage). Also had the Doc Strange set. Stupidly I left my card in the office, or I'd have gotten that too.

Edited by The Brigante

Hello there, I'm back again! I've been off the thread for a while now and there's so much new stuff going on! Doctor Strange, Brickheadz, sdcc Captain America figure,... But what about the hulk set? Is it going to be released in early 2017 or late 2016? I love all of the new sets except for the Captain America figure. By the way, is there already a Marvel 2017 Discussion thread or not?

Found the Tanker Truck set at a Toys R Us farther In my City, Going to a different one hoping to find It. If not I'll convince my Dad to drive me back to that other Toys R Us so I could get It. Nexo Knights and Superheroes were put out all over the other TRU.

Oh and I spotted It In Chicago.

I'm in the UK, but my local TRU (Stevenage). Also had the Doc Strange set. Stupidly I left my card in the office, or I'd have gotten that too.

Damn, cheers for the heads up! Definitely going to swing by my nearest Toys R Us tomorrow morning. Was going to head down into the local Lego shop and TRU is on the way so happy days! Be chuffed if I can pick all 3 sets I need up.