Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

I love Nick Spencer, and I'm holding out for Hydra Cap to be good, but the costume isn't important to me at all. Glad it wasn't anything important.

Another likes of Phoenix, Spider-Woman or black Spider-Man would kill me. How does one get these minifigs anyway? I suppose you don't just go to SDCC and return home with a 250$ worth of a fig?

Another likes of Phoenix, Spider-Woman or black Spider-Man would kill me. How does one get these minifigs anyway? I suppose you don't just go to SDCC and return home with a 250$ worth of a fig?

it's a raffle. Everyone who has a ticket has a chance to win. As simple as that!

What a cruel world.

That's quite accurate. I wish that they would release Phoenix in a normal set (like they did for Green Lantern, Green Arrow, etc.) but it's pretty unlikely. All the awesome exclusives that I'll never get make me cry inside.

The new Cap is such a relief. We live in a renaissance of superhero costume designs, but that suit is such an exception. Just...bleh. What an easy pass.

The new Cap is such a relief. We live in a renaissance of superhero costume designs, but that suit is such an exception. Just...bleh. What an easy pass.

I'd like to think that this is no accident.

By that I mean, that TLG has heard our collective griping about the exclusives and figured, OK, let's split the difference and not reserve a totally amazing, sought after variant.

That's what I'd like to think anyway.

Well, I think at least from a Marvel standpoint that initially Lego thought once the license came through they would have access to everything. For example, Phoenix came out when we still thought there would be X-Men sets on the horizon and I'm sure Lego thought so as well. Once tensions rose and Marvel wanted all companies to back off of properties/characters they didn't own, then the scope became more limited.

Since Lego can only work in worlds Marvel tells them to, I'm hoping this trend with exclusives continues. Maybe we're past the days of getting in-demand characters and now we're looking at more variants of existing characters.

Well, I think at least from a Marvel standpoint that initially Lego thought once the license came through they would have access to everything. For example, Phoenix came out when we still thought there would be X-Men sets on the horizon and I'm sure Lego thought so as well. Once tensions rose and Marvel wanted all companies to back off of properties/characters they didn't own, then the scope became more limited.

Since Lego can only work in worlds Marvel tells them to, I'm hoping this trend with exclusives continues.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. Just this year, Hasbro is releasing an entire wave of action figures (rumor has it that there's going to be more) dedicated to X-Men characters. If Marvel has no objections towards a large action figure company/distributor selling products using X-Men characters, then I highly doubt they would segregate Lego from doing the same.

The only real factor at hand for us to get X-Men based sets, would be the sales of the said X-Men sets. Which, going off of what sources have reported, were pretty lackluster..so that's probably why we won't get any future sets or exclusives based on them.

But like you were saying, hopefully Lego will start to cease from making highly demanded characters conventional exclusives, as the past two years have been demonstrating.

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

I know Hasbro and Funko still dabble in X-Men very infrequently and I'm aware of the X-Men wave of action figures (I knew someone would mention it) but still that's not consistent. Hasbro hasn't released an X-Men action figure in years. Neither company really have X-Men on their radar.

I know Hasbro and Funko still dabble in X-Men very infrequently and I'm aware of the X-Men wave of action figures (I knew someone would mention it) but still that's not consistent. Hasbro hasn't released an X-Men action figure in years. Neither company really have X-Men on their radar.

I feel like very recently tensions began to decrease, so we could be getting somewhere soon.

It's been a long time since I've seen any Xmen toys other than the Funko stuff and various Wolverine action figures, so I feel like that Hasbro wave is a good start that can only give us hope for Lego to be given directions by Marvel to make more sets.

Wizkids just released an Uncanny X-Men Heroclix set, and shortly after, announced an X-Force set to follow.

X-Men merchandise is definitely making a reemergence.

Edited by Sir Gareth

I don't think that's entirely accurate. Just this year, Hasbro is releasing an entire wave of action figures (rumor has it that there's going to be more) dedicated to X-Men characters. If Marvel has no objections towards a large action figure company/distributor selling products using X-Men characters, then I highly doubt they would segregate Lego from doing the same.

The only real factor at hand for us to get X-Men based sets, would be the sales of the said X-Men sets. Which, going off of what sources have reported, were pretty lackluster..so that's probably why we won't get any future sets or exclusives based on them.

But like you were saying, hopefully Lego will start to cease from making highly demanded characters conventional exclusives, as the past two years have been demonstrating.

That Hasbro wave is pretty sweet. Although its odd that they decided to go with Cable instead of Cyclops... pretty cool nonetheless.

That Hasbro wave is pretty sweet. Although its odd that they decided to go with Cable instead of Cyclops... pretty cool nonetheless.

Again, as I said in my initial post, this is supposedly the first of what is soon to be more frequent waves of X-Men merchandise from Hasbro. Numerous sources have reported supposed character leaks regarding wave 2 of X-Men Marvel Legends. Granted, they are nothing more than rumors, so do take that with a grain of salt. However, I remember in a

, the Marvel Legends producers did state (and this was before this X-Men wave was even a concept) that they have every right to produce whatever Marvel characters they want. I would assume there are certain caveats with some characters they can produce, but again, it all comes down to how a company feels a figure/set will sell. [so to your concerns on ML Cyclops, wait till further notice]

Now applying this back to Lego, if Hasbro is allowed to sell (practically) any character they want, then the possibilities of Lego manufacturing sets with X-Men characters are still there. Though, I just don't know the likelihood of it happening soon.

X-Men is a darker property (at least movie wise) and with the recent exposure of Deadpool to mass audiences, there's no way we'll be getting another minfigure of him.

Fingers crossed though :cry_happy:

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

and with the recent exposure of Deadpool to mass audiences, there's no way we'll be getting another minfigure of him.

I don't see how that's anything but a reason to make another one? Sure, the movie was a hard R, but that's not gonna spoil the whole character. We're getting an R-rated Wolverine movie, and Apocalypse saw him brutally slaughter a whole bunch of dudes, but that's not gonna stop them from using Wolverine.

I like Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum most of all. And you?

I think it's a tie with the civil war spidey minifig. My desire for that one minifig is just as much as I desire the Doctor Strange set

Really LEGO world is often cruel to its fans.We are always eager to add smth to our collection but often fail. What have you recently bought?

I thought it would be nice to give you guys an update on the Bridge project. Right now I'm busy building my city so this has been put on hold, but you can see some progress.

27818999821_b29540fcc6_c.jpg

20160625_143945 by Kevin Langenberg, on Flickr

27283414874_c4b7dbbb97_c.jpg

20160625_143951 by Kevin Langenberg, on Flickr

27794535602_3903e003f9_c.jpg

20160625_144008 by Kevin Langenberg, on Flickr

27794535352_500c911fbb_c.jpg

20160625_143958 by Kevin Langenberg, on Flickr

27860755896_3c0a350455_c.jpg

20160625_144021 by Kevin Langenberg, on Flickr

As you can see I doubled the height of the 'tower' parts on the bridge to make it more realistic. I did the same to the parts that hold the bridge up.

I also used Plate, Modified 2 x 8 with Door Rail instead of the original rail part so that you can't see the under side of the bridge.

This isn't the final version, but just an update on the progress :)

I thought it would be nice to give you guys an update on the Bridge project. Right now I'm busy building my city so this has been put on hold, but you can see some progress.

As you can see I doubled the height of the 'tower' parts on the bridge to make it more realistic. I did the same to the parts that hold the bridge up.

I also used Plate, Modified 2 x 8 with Door Rail instead of the original rail part so that you can't see the under side of the bridge.

This isn't the final version, but just an update on the progress :)

Wow looking epic!

Woahhh Awesome! That's so amazing! I don't think I can afford 4 or how many you bought :grin: But hopefully I'll pick up 2